• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zetterbergfuturemvp

Bargain Free Agent Targets?

Rate this topic

Guest ZDH

i dont like samuelsson and i dont think alot of people do , but the year before he had 20 goals .....this season if it wasnt for the injuries he'd have another 20 goal season .....so as much as we dont like him , his stats do say we got a bargain ...1.2 million for a 20 goal scorer ???? im pretty sure you wont find alot of those kind of players with that salary on other teams .......and before you say stats dont always tell the whole picture .......yes i agree , but on the stats board say he was a bargain

and about drury and smyth, id love to have one of them but i dont think we'd be able to afford one of those guys

Samuelsson reminds me of this chick I went out with in high school. On certain days she would look very good. Hot even. And I would say to myself "Self you got yourself a real hot looking chick there." But then on other days the same chick would not look so good. And I would say to myself "Self, what in God's Green Earth were you thinking? Her face looks like a catcher's mit!" In the end it's about checks and balances I suppose.

Likewise, here we have Samuelsson. IN certain games he looks like the hot chick. In other games he looks like roadkill. Which one is he? Does anyone REALLY know? I mean he can laser the puck. But no one knows where it's going. When he actually hits the net, most of the time it goes in. The other times, it usually goes all the way around the boards and sets up a 2 on 1 for the other team.

For $1.2 million what do we expect? Another Datsyuk? Of course not. In the Salary Cap NHL you have to have some cheap salaries to fill out your roster and hope they can play a role on your team. I am fine with Sammy on the 4th line. Any higher and I am afraid of the ugly chick I dated in high school returning. You know those movies, Prom Night. Mary Lou keeps coming back right. We need to see Sammy more next season. Not Mary Lou Samuelsson.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

wings are always looking for guys who can come in and contribute and be a bargain for the team like cleary/hasek/samuelsson ........which players do you guys think that can come here at a reasonable price and be a good pick up ??

heres my picks .....

1-jeff o'neill

all depends if toronto wants him back but i think he can be had for say 2.250 per for 2 yrs ?? he had 20 goals this year , he had a 40 goal season and two 30 goal season before and if we put him with datsyuk or zetterberg i think he can be a real goal scoring threat that we need ....heres some info ...

Height: 6'1 Weight: 195 lbs

Shoots: Right NHL Seasons: 10

Salary: $1,500,000

AssetsHas great hands and a lethal shot. Hits everything in sight. Excels at taking face-offs. Knows where to be to score goals.

FlawsCould still improve his defensive game. Must show more discipline on and off the ice. Takes too many nights off. Career potentialFirst line winger.

2- eric lindros

i know ill get laughed for this one but i think he can be had for maybe 1 million, hes a big big body that we can really really use , adding him along with bertuzzi if he comes back will give us two big bodys, i know lindros had some injuries last season but it wasnt any headshots so thats a good thing , and i know if he plays along datsyuk or zetterberg he can be a good player for us offensivly .....heres some stats

Height: 6'4 Weight: 245 lbs.

Shoots: Right NHL Seasons: 12

Salary: $1,550,000

Scouting ReportAssetsUnleashes a lethal shot whenever parked in the slot area. Skates very well for a big man. Can still intimidate with his power/speed package when healthy.

FlawsSkates with his head down constantly, which has landed him in serious concussion trouble. Doesn't own great hockey sense. Career potentialSecond line center.

3- joffrey lupul

ok hes not a free agent but i heard alot of rumors the oilers wanted to trade him cause they were dissapointed with him last season , i think its a real dumb move to get rid of him and as much as i like hudler i think babcock doesnt care for him for some reason , hudler had similiar goals to lupul in almost no ice time so i think if we traded hudler along with meech ( oilers need help on defence) who wont play most likely and i heard he's gotta clear waivers and we all know that wont happen,lupul had 16 goals last season and 28 the season before that , if he plays with dastyuk or zetterberg he can get 30+ ...heres some stats...

Height: 6'1 Weight: 200 lbs.

Shoots: Right NHL Seasons: 2

Salary: $1,500,000

Scouting ReportAssetsHas a goal-scorer's mentality, creative instincts and unlimited offensive potential. He can line up either on the wing or at center.

FlawsMust get stronger and play a better game in the defensive zone. Isn't a great skater, which limits his overall potential. Career potentialTop six winger.

thats it guys , what are your thoughts ????? would you take any of those players ? who do you think can be a bargain ??

Lupul might be okay because he is very talented and very young. Had a dismal year this season but surrounded by winners he could blossom again. Small step back for him this season, he was expected to do much more. All that being said, I don't think Edmonton would give up Lupul for anything less than a 1st round pick despite this past season. And you know we ain't dealin a 1st rounder for Lupul. Lupul a UFA? I can't imagine he is.

Jeff Oneill. IMO one of the most overrated players i've ever seen. Has a terrible work ethic, can't bring it every night and dissapears for long stretches. We'd get rid of Lang only to replace him with O'Neill. He can score some but the night in, night out effort tells me to avoid him.

Lindros, that ship has sailed. I took a chance on him in my fantasy league this year and eventually I dumped him. The guy is more brittle than 400 year old parchment.

If the Wings wanted him (Kotalik), I'd gladly take him. Send Buffalo Hudler (or Kronwall :hehe: ) and a pick or something. They might go for it, since they really want both Drury and Briere back.

Markov will command about what he makes now. While I admit, 2.5 million is a lot for him, he won't go as high as 4 million. Not all Russains are greedy. :P

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=208871&hubname=

TSN's sister station in Quebec RDS reports that the Montreal Canadiens have offered defenceman Andrei Markov a four-year contract worth just over $5 million a season.

;)

Guest ZDH

:huh:

Thats a whole lot of money, that he would never get from us. Good for him.

Guys that's ANDREI Markov not Danny Markov! LOL

Cory Sarich's right handness doesn't matter anything, cause he is pure defensive D-man. If we want right handed d-man there, he should be then offensive pointman.

Dan Boyle for example.

I'd keep Markov and that Tom Preissing would be interesting. Also Rafalski.

Rafalski is a Dearborn native who's averaged 44 pts / season over the last 7 years with NJ, he shoots right but am not sure of his contract situation?? He could help replace Schneids if he left.

Rafalski is a Dearborn native who's averaged 44 pts / season over the last 7 years with NJ, he shoots right but am not sure of his contract situation?? He could help replace Schneids if he left.

How about we dump Kronwall and sign both Rafalski and Schneider?

Hey, I can dream, ok? Don't take that from me. :P

How bout we keep Cheli, Bert, Dom, Danny, and hopefully Matty. Lose Lang and add Anson Carter? He is on th UFA list, has grit, and has never really had a chance to settle anywhere but Michigan State....?

If we keep Cheli, Bert, Dom, Danny andMatty, then we most probably don't need anyone else :)

seems like all the guys you listed up there you also think would go well with Zetterberg and Datsyuk.. the only thing that i have to say is WHO WOULDNT!?!?! We could put Lilja as our first line center with Hank and Pavs and he would be making a trip to the all star game come 07-08. Im sick of these big bodies that just end up being pylons (Hatcher, Bertuzzi, Lang, etc..) What we need.. and for that matter what every other team in the league needs.. is more speed. More size would also be nice but only if they can skate faster than my grandma. Also, i think it was a big mistake putting Lang and Bertuzzi on the same line.. its like they are stuck in 5th gear the entire time.. when they get moving they are alright but it takes friggin forever.

a break here a break there we would have been in the finals we need to tweek the wings not overhaul and why no love for fillipula he played great in the playoffs

Since this was about bargin free agents. Gary Roberts is the definition of grit. He's getting up there in age , and probably wouldnt want much more then 1 or 2 million, considering he wants to be close to Toronto and wnats to win a cup , Detroits the best option.

How bout we keep Cheli, Bert, Dom, Danny, and hopefully Matty. Lose Lang and add Anson Carter? He is on th UFA list, has grit, and has never really had a chance to settle anywhere but Michigan State....?

how about bill guerin he has size speed and a mean streak he can play on a line with homer and dats

how about bill guerin he has size speed and a mean streak he can play on a line with homer and dats

To old , and cant perform in the playoffs anymore.

Dallas - He sucked more then Turco , in the 06 playoffs.

San Jose - Wasent great vs. Nashville , and was borderline the worst player in the series agaisnt us.

Anson Carter? Please tell me that's a joke. That guy is the biggest locker room cancer in the league. He makes Jaromir Jagr look easy to deal with.

There are plenty of guys on the UFA list that can add grit, and their all better choices than Carter. Their probably all cheaper choices too.

Since this was about bargin free agents. Gary Roberts is the definition of grit. He's getting up there in age , and probably wouldnt want much more then 1 or 2 million, considering he wants to be close to Toronto and wnats to win a cup , Detroits the best option.

i was hopeing we got him at the trade deadline ........but now since we foolishly added maltby for another 3 long years i dont think theres any chance of that happening , we gotta give our youngsters like hudler filppula and now grigorenko more playing time and im pretty sure bertuzzi will be back for a 1 yr deal

Kozlov's a decent player, but I'm not all that big on bringing him back. The Wings need more Dan Cleary type players. They have good enough offense and scoring, now it's time to add more energy and grit.

What? The Wings have three legitimate top-six talents right now. Holmstrom, Zetterberg, and Datsyuk. Even Holmstrom's a stretch, as he's not too great five on five.They need more scorers. Kozlov would give the Wings more scoring depth and he was always a stud in the Playoffs.

i was hopeing we got him at the trade deadline ........but now since we foolishly added maltby for another 3 long years i dont think theres any chance of that happening , we gotta give our youngsters like hudler filppula and now grigorenko more playing time and im pretty sure bertuzzi will be back for a 1 yr deal

i think they want to play gregirenko in grand rapids to get use to the smaller rink and north american style of play

I'll take a 40 year old Roberts over a 23 year old Hudler anyday.

And foolishly added Maltby ? Hardly , he earned his deal , Guys like Hudler , earned a seat in the pressbox

I'll take a 40 year old Roberts over a 23 year old Hudler anyday.

And foolishly added Maltby ? Hardly , he earned his deal , Guys like Hudler , earned a seat in the pressbox

Hudler didn't do anything wrong this season except have youth and inexperience on his side. He scored 15 goals in very, very limited ice time and was good in the playoffs. Roberts had 20 goals while playing good minutes.

Edited by ARice89

Hudler didn't do anything wrong this season except have youth and inexperience on his side. He scored 15 goals in very, very limited ice time and was good in the playoffs. Roberts had 20 goals while playing good minutes.

Roberts was out for almost a quarter of a season. He was playing with Florida , on a line with Kolnik and Gratton. When he got to Pittsburgh , he scored 4 goals , and 8 or 9 assists in only a couple of games. Plus , he was fighting (and beating) young guys like Gleason , Neil , and King (D.J).

I know Hudler scored 15 goals with limited ice time , but going into next season , He doesnt even have a roster spot , I doubt he'll get that many next year with us. I'd rather him go somewhere esle so he can get his shot and become the 30 goal scorer that he can be.

I like o'neil i think if you put him with better players (good center) he can return to his 40 goal- season form he still has speed also I'd take a chance on him hey we gave Sammy a chance so why the hell not???????