• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yreland

Season ticket letter from Kenny Holland

Rate this topic

Got this email today, not sure if it is implying that an increase in ticket prices will happen if passed or not. But if it were to happen, I believe the waiting list may go down to around 3 weeks

Btw, I feel priveledged that Mr. Holland personally wrote me :yowza:

Dear Detroit Red Wings Season Ticket Holder:

Discussion is currently underway in the Michigan Legislature regarding a possible tax on “luxury services,†which potentially could include tickets to professional sporting events.

As a loyal season ticket holder, we wanted to make you aware of these talks taking place in Lansing. If this issue is of interest to you, we would encourage you to contact your State Senator and State Representative to voice your opinion.

We appreciate the commitment you have made to our club and thank you for your continued support of the Detroit Red Wings!

Sincerely,

Ken Holland

General Manager

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

WWWWWWWWWWWWWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. im so jelous you got a letter from kenny

Why doesn't Illitch just lower the prices already? For God sakes, the man has enough money. Stop screwing the fans over and driving the ones who can't afford it away.

...that is cool you got a letter from Kenny though. He is such a cool GM. :cool:

Edited by Kp-Wings

Why doesn't Illitch just lower the prices already? For God sakes, the man has enough money. Stop screwing the fans over and driving the ones who can't afford it away.

...that is cool you got a letter from Kenny though. He is such a cool GM. :cool:

This tax has nothing to do with the actual price of tickets. It's a new state tax in addition to our regular 6% sales tax - a 2% tax on servies. Items such as haircuts/salon fees, ticket prices - including movie tickets, a round of golf, ect are all included in the tax. Yeah Granholm :thumbdown:

I think our GM is just trying to get the word out to people so there is not backlash against the Wings organization for the increased charges and put it into our hands to fight against the tax.

as if the economy isn't bad enough, hell, lets raise taxes....and what does Illitch do about it all?..he blames higher taxes to drive away the true red wings fans by raising ticket prices....and hockey, to some, is a way to get away from everyday worries of making ends meet....this is the reason why there were empty seats at the joe last season.....

This tax has nothing to do with the actual price of tickets. It's a new state tax in addition to our regular 6% sales tax - a 2% tax on servies. Items such as haircuts/salon fees, ticket prices - including movie tickets, a round of golf, ect are all included in the tax. Yeah Granholm :thumbdown:

I think our GM is just trying to get the word out to people so there is not backlash against the Wings organization for the increased charges and put it into our hands to fight against the tax.

i think the backlash already started, the seats weren't sold out this playoff run....and i have a feeling that there won't be too many sold out games during the regular season due to poor economy and high ticket prices.....

Edited by USAFWingedWheel

Wouldn't suprise me then if Granholm is the problem. She is such a horrible governor. She is driving this state into the ground. It's a stretch, but dare I say Engler was a better governor? He probably was. At least the state wasn't in ruins when he was still in office.

Still though, Illitch should lower the prices. The empty seats in the playoffs were proof that people just didn't have the money to spend.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Wouldn't suprise me then if Granholm is the problem. She is such a horrible governor. She is driving this state into the ground. It's a stretch, but dare I say Engler was a better governor? He probably was. At least the state wasn't in ruins when he was still in office.

Still though, Illitch should lower the prices. The empty seats in the playoffs were proof that people just didn't have the money to spend.

Griffins dropped prices this year (which is good for those of us in Hockeytown West!)

I want to make absolutely clear I am not a supporter of Granholm. However, the state of Michigan's economy really isn't on her. It is completely beyond her control. The state of Michigan's economy right now can be SOLELY be attributed to the Big 3 carmakers and their troubles. That and the fact that Michigan is a big union state, so its tough to bring in more manufacturing jobs when you know you can build a factory in southern states with no union. Trust me, I am no fan of Granholm, but this mess really can't be put on her....why do you think she got re-elected? Because most Michigan voters know she couldn't have done much to help it. However, it would have been nice to see if DeVos could have done something, but now we'll never know.

The state of Michigan's economy right now can be SOLELY be attributed to the Big 3 carmakers and their troubles. /quote]

Because Granholm did her best to drive out existing corporations (Comerica, Pfizer) and stave off any potential new ones by clinging crazily to a business tax that rewarded firing and taxed hiring, and then only seeking union employers.

[/font]

I have been saying it for 5 years now--Granholm does not have the ability to govern effectively.

I have been saying this for three years: Granholm is bat-s*** crazy. It's the only thing that explains her positions on everything. Or maybe she really does think 'Blame the President, it's his fault' is actually the truth, when Michigan's economic woes are an isolated incident.

Okay this would be absoulte crap.

The Wings can't even sell out the arena for playoffs b/c tickets are so damn expensive.

If the Wings increase price for the arena, they are asking for empty seats thus losing money.

Michigan economy most ppl can't afford tix and if anything b/c we didn't make it to the finals they should keep prices the same or lower them.

They need to fight against the additional tax

I want to make absolutely clear I am not a supporter of Granholm. However, the state of Michigan's economy really isn't on her. It is completely beyond her control. The state of Michigan's economy right now can be SOLELY be attributed to the Big 3 carmakers and their troubles. That and the fact that Michigan is a big union state, so its tough to bring in more manufacturing jobs when you know you can build a factory in southern states with no union. Trust me, I am no fan of Granholm, but this mess really can't be put on her....why do you think she got re-elected? Because most Michigan voters know she couldn't have done much to help it. However, it would have been nice to see if DeVos could have done something, but now we'll never know.

DeVos at least had a plan. All Granholm does is just cut back her losses, and she thinks everything will just magically turn around. She is a horrible governor, and is out of her league. The only reason she got re-elected is because of said Union. God forbid the Union doesn't get it's way.

But, we'll save this for the political discussion forum. :P

F*^$ Granholm!

Yeah this tax has NOTHING to do with Illitch or anything... its all her... also affected AUTO SHOPS, HAIR SYLISTS... anything and everything that services you.

Can't wait for the $.06/gallon gas tax to take effect to help our *cough* roads! I bet she prays a night that this tax goes through... especially with us paying for her gas.

:clap: Thank you the majority of the MICHIGANDERS for voting back in this tax raising ***** of a democrate Governer... I really REALLY appreciate it! :ph34r:

Although, I fully expect an actual increase in ticket prices ON TOP of that mandatory state tax. The playoffs may have hit a ceilling, but the regular season has not. Plus the wings got farther than they had the previous years AND he never lowered prices then.... he won't know.

Edited by OsGOD

I'll wait for the organization to send me my season ticket renewal form.

If the prices increase I'll be dropping my tickets.

If prices stay the same or decrease I'll keep them.

But I definitely won't be purchasing playoff tickets again until they start giving the season ticket holders some incentive or break on the price.

Heh cause my dad is the new Little Caesars' commercial voice and he needs to get paid :D

Well I would encourage people who are upset to make their voices heard to your respective state representatives/senators. I probably will myself. Bottom line is these people in Lansing ARE disconnected with what's really going on out there, and the only wake up call they could possibly get is us complaining. A lot.

As for the Granholm vs. Engler debate... in Granholm's defense, but I'd like to make it known I did not vote for her, Engler did have it easy. The national economy was good, and the big 3 were doing a lot better than they are now. Engler did a good job I think, was he a better governor I don't know- the only way to tell would be to put him back in office right now I think. Which can't happen, so who knows.

Aunt Jenny has pissed me off though, her inflexibility is costing every one of us. If she's so adamant about a balanced budget that she's going to tax seats at sporting events, why doesn't she take a pay cut to help out? You can't tell me she's NOT rolling in money.

As for the Granholm vs. Engler debate... in Granholm's defense, but I'd like to make it known I did not vote for her, Engler did have it easy. The national economy was good, and the big 3 were doing a lot better than they are now.

The national economy is good NOW. In 49 states, the economy is good. Michigan is not doing well because of Granholm and things like the Single Business Tax. Michigan should start doing much better soon.