• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

Holland talks about playoffs

Rate this topic

The whole thing is, if we don't re-sign Bertuzzi, we won't get another power forward and the same people who cried for him not to get re-signed will crucify Holland for not signing one. It won't be his fault, 6'2 240 lb players with offensive abilities don't come around often.

Heaton, you're always on point. But i'm wondering if the pro-Bertuzzi people aren't just hoping.

Well, put it this way. I'm only speaking from what we know and have seen. I know about the injury stuff. OK. But I just don't think he is ever going to return to his Vancouver form. Yes, he is enticing when you see him out there, and figure "geez, imagine if he could find his game ...". But i'm just not sold on him ever finding it. For 3 million, you figure there's a few other players out there we could get who you more or less know what you're getting. Money best spent elsewhere. I wish we knew either way about Bertuzzi. I do.

The ******* grit issue has been fixed.

My post was a bit misleading. I'm not talking about finding "grit". Our boys accounted themselves real well this year. I'm just saying i'd really like Holland to add a guy who can score 30 and play with a bit of a physical edge ala what we're looking at Bertuzzi to do.

My post was a bit misleading. I'm not talking about finding "grit". Our boys accounted themselves real well this year. I'm just saying i'd really like Holland to add a guy who can score 30 and play with a bit of a physical edge ala what we're looking at Bertuzzi to do.

If your willing to put aside the Wings past with Hartnell, then theres your answer. Also a cheaper choice then Bertuzzi.

True. Me too.

I think Smyth or Hartnell would fit the profile.

Here's hoping.

Kopecky?

Franzen?

Holmstrom?

Draper?

Maltby?

Cleary?

This team does not need line-up full of crash and bangers. The ******* grit issue has been fixed.

This team needs a 30+ GOAL SCORING WINGER. That's it. That's all.

Absolutely. Here is an option via trade, who could be had for a draft pick.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=roto...mp;type=fantasy

I don't want to say who I want to be re-signed because then that means they won't be.

But if the Wings wanted to trade little Rex than they would of at the trade deadline. He's valuable as heck, and I bet if the guy wasn't so small, which is why people knock on him then he would be loved. He's got skill, and can easily dominante a game, IF he gets the ice time to do so.

I hope Schnieder and Markov get re-signed.

People , Bert wont get 5 million , not 4 million , not even 3 million. The most he gets is 2.25 mil. He could probably be had for less then that too.

If Calder doesnt come back , I hope we go after Smyth AND Hartnell.

Cuz , Im just lovin these lines.

Z-D-H

Smyth-Filpula-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Franzen-Hartnell(Heavy weight line)

Maltby-Draper-Kopecky

Lidstrom-Markov

Schnieder-Chelios

Lebda-Kronwall

I wonder what exactly Hudlers trade value is ? I dont think hes worth very much, we could probably get a good pick for him

I wonder what exactly Hudlers trade value is ? I dont think hes worth very much, we could probably get a good pick for him

By good pick, I hope you mean a first rounder. Hudler is not worth trading if we get anything less, because on another team he'll be awesome.

Somehow, if Hasek retires, Hudler will be used as the trade bait for someone like Toskala. The only problem is San Jose's forwards are all 7 foot monsters, and might not want Hudler. If anything, the Wings may get a 3rd line player who can put up decent points, and is something of a physical presence. Replacement for Calder if you will. Or, maybe, we can get said first round pick. It all depends on what happens in the weeks ahead.

As for Bertuzzi, yeh injured again. My God if Holland doesn't get it now ... he is NOT the player he was, never will be, and is not worth taking such a gamble. Plus he didn't like his role here, which will only add to his frustration once he realizes he is not gonna ever get that "power-forward" game back.

He messed up his tailbone, big whoop. If he injured his back again?

Then pointing him out makes sense. Seriously, the guy missed the whole season, and he wasn't even 100% . His role isn't something that we're giving him -- his role is something that -he- supplies. If he's able to play his hard power forward game, on-ice strategies aside, that's what we want.

If not, then he plays a role suiting to his diminished ability. He has a whole summer though to recoup and get back to real form. His glory days are over, but if the guy's healthy (AND not coming to us having not played hockey for nearly a year), I think he can still play quite a game for us.

Edited by Flip-check

Guest ZDH

He messed up his tailbone, big whoop. If he injured his back again?

Then pointing him out makes sense. Seriously, the guy missed the whole season, and he wasn't even 100% . His role isn't something that we're giving him -- his role is something that -he- supplies. If he's able to play his hard power forward game, on-ice strategies aside, that's what we want.

If not, then he plays a role suiting to his diminished ability. He has a whole summer though to recoup and get back to real form. His glory days are over, but if the guy's healthy (AND not coming to us having not played hockey for nearly a year), I think he can still play quite a game for us.

I'm really on the fence when it comes to Bert. I mean on one hand we can say that he is too injured to ever be his old dominant self again and go after a guy like Smyth or Hartnell.

But on the other hand, we will all be sick if he signs with Nashville and scores 40 goals while re-asserting himself as a dominant power forward.

I think if Bert signs for a 1 or 2 year deal averaging 3 mil per with incentives then Kenny may do it. Such a salary enables him more Cap space to keep Schneider, Markov and Hasek.

Why not sign both Hartnell and Bertuzzi? There, problem solved. :D

Honestly, I think we could fit both of them under the Cap, provided Bertuzzi takes a paycut. Smyth is totally out of our league, and quite frankly, I say avoid the bidding war for him, and end up with the risk of dangerously overpaying him. Stuff like that doesn't always end well, and while Smyth isn't some scrub like Yashin or Kovalev, he might not make it here if he's under the microscope of a large contract.