• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
betterREDthandead

'How you became a Wings fan' Contest: Congrats, zaxx!

Rate this topic

A few of LGW's Community Supporters have gotten together to sponsor a surprise contest. The thread for Red Wings fans from outside the great state of Michigan has produced some terrific stories, and we think the best of the best deserve a little recognition. The thread is linked below.

Non-Michigan fans: How did you become a Wings fan?

Those CS'ers who donated to the prize fund have nominated their own favorite stories and the list has been narrowed down to the top three favorites. Now we need everyone's help. Please read the stories linked below. Here are the chosen three:

Drake_Marcus

zaxx

bellarina

First prize will be one of the 30,000 limited edition Steve Yzerman commemorative books that were sold at the Jan. 2 retirement ceremony. The two runners-up will have a little something sent to them as well. A poll will be up shortly in the poll booth and linked right here in this post - we are asking everyone to take part and vote for their favorite story. Voting will last a week and close at 3:30 AM Eastern on Friday June 1.

**VOTE HERE**

Drake, zaxx, and bellarina, if you accept the prizes, please PM a mailing address to vladdy16, who has the prizes and is ready and waiting to send them out. She's plenty honest and promises not to use the address for other than the intended purpose.

The most deserving story is:

"As a young boy on the third satellite of Alpha Centauri, eva unit zero gained knowledge through the mindlink of a man known as Gordon Howe. He played for the great Detroit Red Wings. Thusly, eva unit zero traveled at lightspeed to see this Gordon Howe. Alas, lightspeed was too slow, and Gordon Howe had retired. eva unit zero had almost decided to return to his home world and rejoin the link, but first he wanted to see these legendary Red Wings. On that day, he saw a man, who was a mere 18 Earth-orbits old at the time, the youngest of any man in the playing collective, who was far superior to most who had spent years doing the same. eva unit zero decided that he could not return and instead must see the entire career of this man, for he was no ordinary man. They even called him an Yzer-man, whatever that meant."

;)

I'm getting trounced! At least make it close if you're gonna kill me :crazy:

:P

I still laugh at the name CHUM everytime I hear it on the radio. Of course maybe I will grow up one day, maybe. :unsure: Thanks to all the out-of-towners that gave us such great stories. I really enjoyed all the stories.

Wow only a few hours to go and things are looking good. I am so excited and this is such an honor. I was just posting my story because I am a huge fan and then out of the blue you guys decide to provide some cool prizes then you all vote me up there. I really appreciate this all and I hope that I can hang on for the win later today.

Who would have thought that you would get rewarded for being a gigantic Red Wings fan (other then the reward of watching them play).

I sorta already voted >> here <<......

But went ahead and made it official at the ^^poll booth^^ up there. Not looking good Bell.

Thats ok!

I'm still all choked up that someone liked my story. :blush:

Red Wings Forever!

Voting is now closed. (Sorry, I closed it a few hours later than I meant, I still have absolutely no idea what time it is back home right now.) Congratulations to the winner, zaxx.

vladdy16, if you would please do the honors and distribute the prizes. Thanks to everyone that voted! And thanks again to all the people who provided us with such excellent stories, reminding those of us who were born into Red Wing Nation how lucky we are to have such an outstanding team representing our own hometown/state.

Voting is now closed. (Sorry, I closed it a few hours later than I meant, I still have absolutely no idea what time it is back home right now.) Congratulations to the winner, zaxx.

vladdy16, if you would please do the honors and distribute the prizes. Thanks to everyone that voted! And thanks again to all the people who provided us with such excellent stories, reminding those of us who were born into Red Wing Nation how lucky we are to have such an outstanding team representing our own hometown/state.

I received the last address today. Prizes will be shipped out Tuesday I believe. I'll try to get pics of them before I ship them out and post them.

Thats ok!

I'm still all choked up that someone liked my story. :blush:

Red Wings Forever!

Sorry you didn't win. You can take solace in the fact that you hail from Montreal. Not Saskatchewan.

Thanks for all the kind words of congratulations and the wonderful offering of a prize/contest such as this. I am so excited and I was telling everyone who would listen this weekend (was in a soft ball tournament.... or drinking and playing ball weekend) :)

I am totally stoked and thank-you to everyone who voted for me and to everyone on these forums.

Can't wait to check our the prize, sounds so cool

By the way I really liked the other contestants stories and expect many had a hard time selecting who should win.

Sorry you didn't win. You can take solace in the fact that you hail from Montreal. Not Saskatchewan.

Thanks for the vote! Montreal is a nice place to live. Whats wrong with Saskatchewan?( lol)

Aloha to you.

Guest DetroitIan

Congrats zaxx! Great story I must say! Definitely the clear winner.