• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

bellarina

Hank and Dats to Blame.

Rate this topic

Hello fellow Wing fans. Don't shoot me. This is NOT my opinion

I read an article yesterday in the Montreal Gazette Written by Bob Duff from Canwest and he blames Zetta and Dats for Detrots exit from the playoffs.

He writes that because of their lack of production on the road that it spelled disaster for the Wings. :looney:

Hey Bob did the wings eliminate your flames or something??

Guest ZDH

Hello fellow Wing fans. Don't shoot me. This is NOT my opinion

I read an article yesterday in the Montreal Gazette Written by Bob Duff from Canwest and he blames Zetta and Dats for Detrots exit from the playoffs.

He writes that because of their lack of production on the road that it spelled disaster for the Wings. :looney:

Hey Bob did the wings eliminate your flames or something??

Bob Duff is a notorious Wings hater. I'd ignore him for the most part. By that I mean, yeah sure Z and D could have done more on the road. But when you're going against other team's top lines each game, it aint that easy you know.

I thought Z and D both played very well in these playoffs and so I blame Duff for having his ass screwed on backwards and his fat chin getting in the way of his beady little eyes.

Bob Duff is a notorious Wings hater. I'd ignore him for the most part. By that I mean, yeah sure Z and D could have done more on the road. But when you're going against other team's top lines each game, it aint that easy you know.

I thought Z and D both played very well in these playoffs and so I blame Duff for having his ass screwed on backwards and his fat chin getting in the way of his beady little eyes.

:lol: Thanks i needed a good laugh

Could they have been better? Sure. But where they the reason they lost? No. The team did not produce enough offense and that is probably the "main" reason they did not advance, but both Datsyuk and Zetterberg had respectable offensive numbers in the playoffs (not dominant, but respectable), so no way they should be to blame here.

Actually, I do not think there really should be any blame placed at all. Why is it that fingers have to be pointed every year that the team doesn't win the cup?? There is only 1 team out of 30 that wins every year. I understand if you are eliminated in the 1st round after finishing very high in the regular season, but they made it to the WCF....top 4 in the league, that is not out of balance with where they finished in the regular season.

Edited by toby91_ca

Guest ZDH

:lol: Thanks i needed a good laugh

Hey no problem! We all have to stick up for our Wings ya know!

I saw the title of this thread and was like, oh hell no I'm about to pwn someone. But then I opened it and :lol: !!! Thanks for the laugh! Doesn't it kind of disprove his theory when in the last game, which happened to be on the road, there were three goals scored by two players named *gasp* Henrik "Rockstar" Zetterberg and Pavel "Silky Smooth" Datsyuk?

I think our biggest problem was not having two solid scoring lines: when the top line struggles, second line must step up and the other way around. Lang, well, was mainly lazy and sucked and Bert was not really a force. We got this far because there was some decent secondary scoring (Cleary etc.) and we allowed so few goals per game. It's really hard to make the finals with our lack of production on the PP and especially those wasted 5-on-3s that pretty much cost us the series. Of course we missed Schneider and Kronwall there but anyway. It was also too bad we only really exposed Giguere in the last period of the series with one-timers and cross-ice passes. However, there's a lot to look forward to next season.

Guest ZDH

I think our biggest problem was not having two solid scoring lines: when the top line struggles, second line must step up and the other way around. Lang, well, was mainly lazy and sucked and Bert was not really a force. We got this far because there was some decent secondary scoring (Cleary etc.) and we allowed so few goals per game. It's really hard to make the finals with our lack of production on the PP and especially those wasted 5-on-3s that pretty much cost us the series. Of course we missed Schneider and Kronwall there but anyway. It was also too bad we only really exposed Giguere in the last period of the series with one-timers and cross-ice passes. However, there's a lot to look forward to next season.

I think you hit it there. We need a legit 2nd line to compliment our awesome 1st line. We have a shutdown checking line in Malts/Drapes and Franzen. I think Cleary and Flip are ready for the chance for more icetime. Add Hartnell and we're there.

Yeah I still believe we should have won that series and I have never in my 26 years of watching hockey seen 1 team get so many breaks go their way like the Ducks did but...whatya do eh. Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug.

Next playoffs it will all even out and it will be our Wings getting the breaks!

Edited by ZDH

Teams as good as San Jose and Anaheim are going to have a line capable of shutting down a team like Detroit that only had one real scoring line.

It's obvious that these teams having the last line change had alot to do with Zetterberg and Datsyuk not scoring on the raod.

Watch what happens to Heatly - Spezza - Alfredson in Anaheim compared to how well they'll play at home. The Pahlsson line combined with the big two on D will shut them down.

It's almost unavoidable. You need secondary scoring.

IMO, Detroit's #1 line showed up. And they got plenty of contributions form lines #3 and #4.

Detroit need to revamp their second line for next year. Getting a star caliber top six forward is key.

Teams as good as San Jose and Anaheim are going to have a line capable of shutting down a team like Detroit that only had one real scoring line.

It's obvious that these teams having the last line change had alot to do with Zetterberg and Datsyuk not scoring on the raod.

Watch what happens to Heatly - Spezza - Alfredson in Anaheim compared to how well they'll play at home. The Pahlsson line combined with the big two on D will shut them down.

It's almost unavoidable. You need secondary scoring.

IMO, Detroit's #1 line showed up. And they got plenty of contributions form lines #3 and #4.

Detroit need to revamp their second line for next year. Getting a star caliber top six forward is key.

Yep. :thumbup: One dependable scoring line and the occasional depth player scoring can only carry you so far. I'm surprised it took us this far.

Guest jaytan

I agree with him. I don't know why everybody wants to give those two a free pass every time they screw up.

I remember a lot of Wings would point fingers at Stevie until '97. I didn't. But not enough people are putting pressure on Datsyuk in '07.

I agree with him. I don't know why everybody wants to give those two a free pass every time they screw up.

I remember a lot of Wings would point fingers at Stevie until '97. I didn't. But not enough people are putting pressure on Datsyuk in '07.

Stevie was the team leader. The captain. There's a difference. He was also a Red Wing for almost 10 years at that pont and had suffered through 5 years of major playoff dissapointment up to that time. Also, Detroit was the undenialble league power house during those regular seasons. This year's team most certainly over-acheived.

Stveie was a 2nd overall pick. And he was the Redwings franchise player. The guy they built around.

So many differences.

And anyway, Datsyuk still has his critics.

:lol: I saw the topic title and had steam coming out of my fricking ears. :blush: I actually thaught that one of you guy's where putting the blame of the Wings elimination at Zetts and Dats. :crazy:

I guess I jumped the gun. :P

The idiot who wrote this is obviously nuts.

Guest MrSandMan

I blame the poor officiating. Clearly the Refs were pulling for the Ducks.

^^ I know, shame on them for giving our PP such wonderful opportunities to seal the deal... once they found out we SUCK on the PP that is all they did for us. Damn the refs for exploiting our weakness!

Edited by OsGOD

Guest ZDH

and that brings up images of Pavel in a purple suit with feathered hat and walking with a cane...

Pavel "The Pimpdaddy" Datsyuk? While that is so wrong on many levels, it sure is damn funny! HAHA

Why is it always the players who are blamed? Why not, for once, have it be blamed on the purely bad luck the Wings had this round? I mean, for most every game the Wings outplayed Anaheim pretty badly. Anaheim was just the luckier team, and the Wings luck ran out. It's as simple as that.

Of course, from morons like Bob Duff, who must be crying in his beer because the beloved Alberta teams both bombed this year, I can't expect much more. It's too much for him.

I mean, for most every game the Wings outplayed Anaheim pretty badly. Anaheim was just the luckier team, and the Wings luck ran out. It's as simple as that.

Not sure I would leave it all to luck. The series I watched, the Wings were outplayed in games 1,2 and 6, so not sure how you can say the Wings outplayed Anahiem pretty badly in most every game, that simply isn't true.

Not sure I would leave it all to luck. The series I watched, the Wings were outplayed in games 1,2 and 6, so not sure how you can say the Wings outplayed Anahiem pretty badly in most every game, that simply isn't true.

Ok, fine. The series should have, at least, gone to 7 games though.

I saw the title of this thread and was like, oh hell no I'm about to pwn someone. But then I opened it and :lol: !!! Thanks for the laugh! Doesn't it kind of disprove his theory when in the last game, which happened to be on the road, there were three goals scored by two players named *gasp* Henrik "Rockstar" Zetterberg and Pavel "Silky Smooth" Datsyuk?

Haha! I was the same way. I was like "Oh no you jus' didn't" Then I open it and was like "Oh... :blush: "

Some people just don't know what they are talking about :rolleyes: