• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

bellarina

Hank and Dats to Blame.

Rate this topic

the loss is not datsuk or zetterberg . the loss is hasek. hasek cost us game 6. On every shot he laid on his back on the rebound. Its time we get a new goalie

I'll have to agree with you partially. The reason for the partiality is because of the Officiating that took place during this series. I couldn't be more disappointed with the league overall with some of the calls that were made. I mean come the f*** on, when does the call on Dats get made in game 5 on a 1 goal game. I Seriously couldn't believe that they made that call. If the team winning 1 - 0 was a Canadien team, that call just isn't made. Detroit just seems to get the brunt of all borderline calls. :crazy:

Basically I'm so fnn pissed about this loss to Anaheim, as Hasek starts flopping around in the crease, the team doesn't show up until the 3rd period in game 6, the officiating calls in game 5 couldn't have been more biased to extend the series, and where is Babcock in game 5 with some egregious theatrics to stall the game because of the call and rest the team while he is ejected! :ph34r:

Yeah, we lost, but damn if the Wings didn't beat themselves. After Game 3 Anaheim was prime for the picking, but again nothing was done to fortify the position for the series win. Allowing Anaheim back in the series was a tragic mistake by the coaching staff, and rightfully I call Babcock on this. He mentioned in an article that he was proud of the team, but I was unhappy with his performance in preparing the club for every game in this series. :thumbdown:

We can count a 100 different ways that Detroit probably could've won the series, but the fact is we didn't and the Wings better be ready for some young talent in the near future... very near! I'd like to keep Chelios in the system, but strictly as a Defensive Coach, I believe he is done as an active player for the Wings. :clap:

Go Wings 2008!!

^^ I know, shame on them for giving our PP such wonderful opportunities to seal the deal... once they found out we SUCK on the PP that is all they did for us. Damn the refs for exploiting our weakness!

And damn the refs for calling the least......opps, I mean THE MOST penalty minutes against the Ducks all season! Yeah, they clearly had it out against the Wings this series! :crazy::blink:

I guess it was the Tooth Fairy that decided to give the Wings all those power play opportunities in the 3rd period of game 6.

While I'm not dismissing the inconsistency of officiating in the playoffs, blaming the referees for losing is the biggest cop out and lamest excuse in the book.

The only 2 things i blame the loss on is that we had less luck then the ducks and we didn't cash in on our opportunities....we played awesome, goaltending was sufficient to carry us to the cup, we just didn't get some of the bounces we needed, made mistakes that cost us....that's it, plain and simple...

And damn the refs for calling the least......opps, I mean THE MOST penalty minutes against the Ducks all season! Yeah, they clearly had it out against the Wings this series! :crazy::blink:

I guess it was the Tooth Fairy that decided to give the Wings all those power play opportunities in the 3rd period of game 6.

While I'm not dismissing the inconsistency of officiating in the playoffs, blaming the referees for losing is the biggest cop out and lamest excuse in the book.

Well s***, with all of the holding, hooking, and general obstruction calls that were let go during the series for the Ducks, while the piss calls were made against us at critical momentum swinging situations, I would've preferred that they wait until the playoffs to cast the lot of calls when and where they were applicable. The Ducks are a holding and overly aggressive team in the Defensive zone, again when Detroit was also aggressive, so were the fnn refs!

Granted, we cant say the Wings lost because of the Officiating, but I'm hard against the bit to say it was equal!

Go Wings 2008!!

Granted, we cant say the Wings lost because of the Officiating, but I'm hard against the bit to say it was equal!

Which is why saying the refs favored the Ducks or that there is a officiating conspiracy against the Wings, or blaming the refs in any situation, is a lame cop out. Calls are inconsistent and both good/bad for ALL TEAMS.

The only 2 things i blame the loss on is that we had less luck then the ducks and we didn't cash in on our opportunities....we played awesome, goaltending was sufficient to carry us to the cup, we just didn't get some of the bounces we needed, made mistakes that cost us....that's it, plain and simple...

Nice, a bottom liner that likes to drink and start s***! My kind of bro!

Yeah, I'll agree with ya on the unlucky bounces and overall missed opportunities. Generally during the playoffs you need some luck, and well, to be honest, we had quite a bit in the Sharks series. More bottom line for ya! :)

Go Wings 2008!!

Guest jaytan

I have a little bit of respect for Zetterberg, but honestly, Datsyuk is so overrated it's sad. I'd love to see him in another team's sweater. He's not completely to blame for the Wings losing, obviously, but I definitely don't think he'll ever lead us to victory. We need to get rid of the kid.

I have a little bit of respect for Zetterberg, but honestly, Datsyuk is so overrated it's sad. I'd love to see him in another team's sweater. He's not completely to blame for the Wings losing, obviously, but I definitely don't think he'll ever lead us to victory. We need to get rid of the kid.

:unsure:

:lol: For a second I thought you were serious.

I surely hope you are joking and just overembelsihing in sarcasm here.

Next time you have to use the sarcasm :ph34r: (ninja) to show that you are joking.... you are joking right? :unsure::P

you can disect the numbers any way you want but the reason that the Wings aren't playing tomorrow night is because of the powerplay. There were many chances lost in the past 3 games that they could have but Aneheim away. You could also state that this is a huge reflection of Schneider. Personally, that is what believe hurt our PP, but who really cares now.

The second reason is neutral zone and defensive zone turn overs. You get rid of these two factors and we are competing tomorrow.

Wouldn't blame our exit on Dats and Zets.