• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zetterbergfuturemvp

Joakim Anderson our 2007 1st rd pick ?

Rate this topic

i went looking around for some information on this years draft and i came across this site ......

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2007

its a 2007 mock draft lol and surprise surprise a swedish player is our 1st round pick lol , hes the 2nd rated swedish player in the draft ....i know its not real and we probably wont end up with him but has anyone heard about him ?? i think theres a few wings fans here from sweden so maybe you guys heard of him .........and regarding this years draft what should be our number 1 priority ?? with liv likely gone , should we draft a goalie ?? or should we go for a defensemen ??

Joakim Anderson

Ht/Wt: 6-2/200 lbs

Position:C

Drafted From:Frolunda (Swe.Jr)

Edited by zetterbergfuturemvp

just found some names on this site http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2791312

they compiled a list of their top 10 goalies ......these 3 got my attention .....i hope we get at least 1

2. Mark Owuya (Djurgarden, Sweden)

Owuya is a very good young goaltender and, in our opinion, the best Swedish goaltending prospect in a long time. He possesses excellent reflexes and his size allows him to take the top part of the net away while down in the butterfly. Despite the limited viewings some teams have had, we would suggest they get to the Under-18 World Championships and circle the Swedish games -- this kid has a chance to be great.

NHL comparable: Nikolai Khabibulin, Chicago Blackhawks

3. John Murray (Kitchener Rangers, OHL)

Many teams don't even have Murray on their list because he already has been through two drafts, but we don't think he should go through a third without being selected. He has taken the OHL by storm in supplying the Kitchener Rangers with exceptional goaltending throughout the season. He combines tremendous size (6-5) with a good technical base and a pinch of arrogance that infuriates opponents and pumps teammates.

NHL comparable: Olaf Kolzig, Washington Capitals

6. Linden Rowat (Regina Pats, WHL)

Rowat has been the premier draft-eligible goaltender in the WHL this season by using his size (6-2, 190 pounds), traditional butterfly technique and lightning-quick hands. He has gone through a couple tough stretches, but overall has had a very solid season. A team should be excited about bringing him into its organization in June.

NHL comparable: Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Anaheim Ducks

Do we even have a 1st rounder this year? This would be kind of good for me to know ,because I am going to the draft this year, and if the Wings do, I will wait around for their pick.

Yep, Red Wings have the 27th pick in the first round.

Guest ZDH

i went looking around for some information on this years draft and i came across this site ......

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2007

its a 2007 mock draft lol and surprise surprise a swedish player is our 1st round pick lol , hes the 2nd rated swedish player in the draft ....i know its not real and we probably wont end up with him but has anyone heard about him ?? i think theres a few wings fans here from sweden so maybe you guys heard of him .........and regarding this years draft what should be our number 1 priority ?? with liv likely gone , should we draft a goalie ?? or should we go for a defensemen ??

Joakim Anderson

Ht/Wt: 6-2/200 lbs

Position:C

Drafted From:Frolunda (Swe.Jr)

For once could we NOT take a Swede with our 1st round pick? I mean I have nothing against Swedish players but come on, there are OTHER players from OTHER countries. Like Canada! That being said I fully expect for Holland and Nill to take yet another Swede in the 1st round.

For once could we NOT take a Swede with our 1st round pick? I mean I have nothing against Swedish players but come on, there are OTHER players from OTHER countries. Like Canada! That being said I fully expect for Holland and Nill to take yet another Swede in the 1st round.

I don't care if the player is from Ethopia! If he can play good, smart hockey, and fit into our system who cares where he is from. There is no truth to the rumor that you have to be from North America to be a good, hard nosed hockey player.

Guest ZDH

I don't care if the player is from Ethopia! If he can play good, smart hockey, and fit into our system who cares where he is from. There is no truth to the rumor that you have to be from North America to be a good, hard nosed hockey player.

There is also no truth to the rumour you don't need any North American players to win the Cup. Look at the Ducks. Mostly all Canadian. Even the Wings Cup teams had North Americans on it. It's gone too far the other way. Come on a player from Ethiopia? I'd love to see what. You need balance to win. Name me 1 team which has won a Cup with all Euros on it? None. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting some more North American players to be drafted by the Wings. Does that mean we stop drafting Swedes entirely? Of course not. But why in the blue hell do we need to draft every one of them? Stop the insanity already!

I think it changed depending on how far we went in the Playoff's and if he actually signed a contract extension?

Yeah we gave up Shawn Mattias and 2 conditional draft picks. If Bert finished in top 5 playoff team scoring and we had reached the Final it would have been a 1st rounder. We did not. So we give up a 2nd round pick. The other pick is to be a 2nd rounder only if we re-sign Bert. Someone correct me here if I am wrong.

Edited by ZDH

There is also no truth to the rumour you don't need any North American players to win the Cup. Look at the Ducks. Mostly all Canadian. Even the Wings Cup teams had North Americans on it. It's gone too far the other way. Come on a player from Ethiopia? I'd love to see what. You need balance to win. Name me 1 team which has won a Cup with all Euros on it? None. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting some more North American players to be drafted by the Wings. Does that mean we stop drafting Swedes entirely? Of course not. But why in the blue hell do we need to draft every one of them? Stop the insanity already!

Yeah we gave up Shawn Mattias and 2 conditional draft picks. If Bert finished in top 5 playoff team scoring and we had reached the Final it would have been a 1st rounder. We did not. So we give up a 2nd round pick. The other pick is to be a 2nd rounder only if we re-sign Bert. Someone correct me here if I am wrong.

Thanks for clearing that up bud , :thumbup: after the trade deadline there were that many different scenario's flying around I wasn't sure which one was true.

Thanks for clearing that up bud , :thumbup: after the trade deadline there were that many different scenario's flying around I wasn't sure which one was true.

I figured it was something like that with those conditional picks. So, hello 1st-rounder! :P

The Wings made a decent cup run with the roster that they had. Their playoff lineup for the beginning of the playoffs consisted of eight North American skaters. That leaves 10 non North American skaters. That is a pretty even mix. Who would you have removed from the non- North American players and who would you have replaced them with that would have made this team better.