• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Wings clean out lockers, discuss future..

Rate this topic

Wings clean out their lockers

Photo Gallery

My oh my..do our boys look mighty different without their goatees. They clean up well! lol

Bert's tats totally kick ass. As if he isn't a badass already!

Babcock takes Pride in Wings season

Great articles. It makes me feel a little better, thats for sure..

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

It's looking good, Jen.

Comments by Bert today:

"I don’t feel like moving anywhere any more. I’m very happy here. It’s one of those dressing rooms that you want to be a part of. It’s something special. Especially for the next couple of years, this team can do some damage. I’ll talk to Kenny and go from there."

"I’ll be healthy. I need a month to take off and get healthy. I came back a little bit early, but it wasn’t the back that hurt me for the last couple of games. The back’s getting better."

"I know that getting healthy and getting a full year under my belt, I know I can do some damage here. The key is just to get healthy. In order to play my style, you have to be healthy. It just wasn’t meant to be. I’m still fortunate that I got the opportunity to come here and play. It was pretty special."

About Hasek ... "When you’ve got the best goaltender in the world, you want to see him back. … Obviously everyone who’s coming back is pulling for him to come back."

Per Bruce Macleod at Red Wings Corner.

Dano's werewolve beard is gone :(

Man , I hope he goes back to Carbonear this summer. I wouldnt mind strolling down the street and seeing him. Man , I'd be like "Holy , Its Dan Cleary , And I'd get him to Autograph my Cleary jersey

Bert used the phrase, "do some damage," twice.

I like.

:lol:

Me too.

The guy showed flashes of brilliance during games, especially against the Ducks. When he's 100% healthy I have no doubt that we will see that brilliance consistently game in and out. He for sure can do some damage.

Also, people assume that his best days are over or behind him, when that isn't the case at all. The guy is what? 32 years old. He's got years left in him, and in my opinion will only get better. Maybe he won't be AS great as 3-4 years ago, but it'll be pretty damn close.

I really want Bertuzzi back. The summer off should do wonders for him, and hopefully he storms out of the gate next year and can stay healthy. If he can do that, he really will do some damage.

Go Wings!

I think it's safe to say that Bert will never be able to singlehandedly dominate games the way he used to. However, should he stick around in Detroit, I see him becoming a more complete -- and, in this way, "better" -- player.

This organization has, I think, a certain knack for tapping and utilizing hidden potential in players. While I don't expect Bert to become a two-way workhorse like Stevie, or Version 2.0 of The AssVision 3000â„¢ (Homer), I do expect good things from him.

He's got to pick it up, though. Thankfully, he seems to understand this and is confident enough in his ability to do so that he's willing to put a specific time frame ("a month") on it.

I think it's safe to say that Bert will never be able to singlehandedly dominate games the way he used to. However, should he stick around in Detroit, I see him becoming a more complete -- and, in this way, "better" -- player.

This organization has, I think, a certain knack for tapping and utilizing hidden potential in players. While I don't expect Bert to become a two-way workhorse like Stevie, or Version 2.0 of The AssVision 3000â„¢ (Homer), I do expect good things from him.

He's got to pick it up, though. Thankfully, he seems to understand this and is confident enough in his ability to do so that he's willing to put a specific time frame ("a month") on it.

haha, Ass Vision 3000, good call :thumbup:

I would like to see Bertuzzi with a full year under his belt, I think he still has the heart and will to play like he did in Vancouver, I could see him becoming a second line star here next season.

Sign him up Kenny! :thumbup:

Here's the latest from Khan.

He says he thinks Hasek will come back and the Wings are definitely interested in bringing Bertuzzi back. He said they want Schneider back but it could mean the end of Markov, which, IMO, would suck. He also says Calder and Lang "have no chance of returning."

If the Wings have to sacrifice a defensive defenseman to sign Schneider, it's not worth it in my opinion.

Here's the latest from Khan.

He says he thinks Hasek will come back and the Wings are definitely interested in bringing Bertuzzi back. He said they want Schneider back but it could mean the end of Markov, which, IMO, would suck. He also says Calder and Lang "have no chance of returning."

If the Wings have to sacrifice a defensive defenseman to sign Schneider, it's not worth it in my opinion.

I disagree, I think that Schneider is more important on the PP then Markov is on the back end. I think, if we cant sign Markov too, we should sign Schneider and bring up one of our prospect D-men.

Awesome article...AWESOME pictures. Our boys DO clean up nice. How come there's no Hank pictures? :( Is he just going to play in the finals anyway because he's so awesome?

I hope Bert stays. I'm so happy he feels attached to the lockerroom and the team. PULL THE TRIGGER KENNY! (I can't wait to count how many times I see that phrase this summer.)

No chance of Calds returing? What the hell did he ever do wrong? I just don't get this situation. They saw how GREAT he was during the regular season, and what a difference he made yet he has a bad round or two *which I still think something is up?* and they are going to give up on him already. Nice..

No chance of Calds returing? What the hell did he ever do wrong? I just don't get this situation. They saw how GREAT he was during the regular season, and what a difference he made yet he has a bad round or two *which I still think something is up?* and they are going to give up on him already. Nice..

Somthing had to happen with Calder, he must have become a jerk or got in a fight with Babcock or somthing, that was one of the most drastic changes I have ever seen a player make, what Calder did in the Playoffs that is, and I think it had to be somthing more the a "hurt finger". I'll be sad to see him go (if thats what happens) he was a really gritty player and I like him. :(

Guest Crymson

I disagree, I think that Schneider is more important on the PP then Markov is on the back end. I think, if we cant sign Markov too, we should sign Schneider and bring up one of our prospect D-men.

This is a tough call. Markov is a solid defensive d-man and his offensive game got better and better as the season went on, but he's very injury-prone and makes costly errors from time to time. Meanwhile, Schneider is a wonderful PP defenseman but his defensive play is suspect and he is getting up there in years.

I wouldn't know which way to go if I needed to pick. I'd lean toward resigning Schneider for a year; Lilja has show that he is capable of being a full-timer again.

He was a trade-deadline acquisition. A lot of the time, those types just don't stick around anyway.

I share your confusion as to what, exactly, happened to Calder that caused such a downswing in his game; however, in the end, do we really have another spot for a player of his type?

I don't understand this either. I really started to like Calder too.

I agree about Calds...he could really do something here despite a mediocre playoff performance. I think Babs just doesn't like him for whatever reason...cuz he sure didn't have problems playing other players who were underperforming...if he wanted to...until they started performing. But then sits others...

This is a tough call. Markov is a solid defensive d-man and his offensive game got better and better as the season went on, but he's very injury-prone and makes costly errors from time to time. Meanwhile, Schneider is a wonderful PP defenseman but his defensive play is suspect and he is getting up there in years.

I wouldn't know which way to go if I needed to pick. I'd lean toward resigning Schneider for a year; Lilja has show that he is capable of being a full-timer again.

I see your points about Schneider, but with Quincey proving that he can handle even the Playoff pressure, he should have no problem in the regular season and he can only get better playing in games next to guys like Cheli and Lids. but another plus of having Markov on the team, in addition to being a capable, physical stay at home D-man, is that he is Russian, and I'm sure that helps Datsyuk to some extent and with Giregerenko (sp?) maybe coming up next year?

Edited by Elshupacabra

Well I'm not going to try and figure out the Calder situation because it's only going to make me more upset and confused.

Anyways. More stuff on Bert. Kinda echoing the same thing, but it seems like Kenny is already making it known that he wants him re-signed.

"With a full summer of healing, I'd like to think that come September with a full training camp he's going to be closer to being the player he was in Vancouver than being the player he was when he played his first game for us," Holland said. "Todd came in and gave us a physical presence."

Per M-Live.

The link won't work for some reason?

Guest ZDH

Well I'm not going to try and figure out the Calder situation because it's only going to make me more angry.

Anyways. More stuff on Bert. Kinda echoing the same thing, but it seems like Kenny is already making it known that he wants him re-signed.

Bertuzzi would love to stay in Detroit

I am also getting the sense the Wings want Bert back and that he wants to come back. If he takes an incentive based deal and/or a much lesser salary than he was making (over 5 mil) then I am all for it.

Give the guy a season to see what he can do. Allow him to get healthy and have a full training camp and lets see if he can regain most of, if not all of what he had.

He's a dominant force. We all recall in the '02 playoffs how tough he was to stop. Thank God we had Chelly able to do it.

Anyway we really need a strong 2nd line to compliment the ZDH line so if Bert can come back at a good price then I will cheer him on.

I think I'd rather have Bert for 3 mil than Smyth for 6 mil.

I see Flip and Cleary as our 2nd line guys so it would be nice to have a big strong guy like Bert to plow through opponents.

Healthy Bert? OMG...that's very exciting!

I so hope.

He's an exciting player. People like him here...people will more like him if he stays and is awesome. I think it's a good move and he will fit in well here...

I'm happy, because if he gets signed well 1) I'll be happy and 2) at least ONE player I want to be re-signed will be....who knows about the others :( *sniff*

Healthy Bert? OMG...that's very exciting!

I so hope.

He's an exciting player. People like him here...people will more like him if he stays and is awesome. I think it's a good move and he will fit in well here...

I'm happy, because if he gets signed well 1) I'll be happy and 2) at least ONE player I want to be re-signed will be....who knows about the others :( *sniff*

kljjskgjs

The Wings FIRST priority should be signing Ozzie to an extension. :D

People do not understand how very important charting face offs is!