• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Wings clean out lockers, discuss future..

Rate this topic

I bet they re-sign both Schneids and Markov. I know for a fact Matt absolutely loves it here and wants to stay here so I bet he takes a pay cut. He knows this is a winning team, and a competitor each and every year so im sure he'll do whats best, and let's not kid ourselves, we need the guy. He's a very vital part of defensive corps. Markov is great as well. Like I said, they'll both be retained. In my opinions, anyways..

I bet they re-sign both Schneids and Markov. I know for a fact Matt absolutely loves it here and wants to stay here so I bet he takes a pay cut. He knows this is a winning team, and a competitor each and every year so im sure he'll do whats best, and let's not kid ourselves, we need the guy.

Let's hope so. I believe it'd be foolish for Matty to head out of town--seriously, anyone knows this is a Cup contender now. They brought it in the regular season... they followed up in the playoffs. Against the grain of everyone's opinions, even their own at the start of the year.

Markov I don't know about, but if I were Schneider, I'd be considering winning another Cup in the latter years of my career. And how sweet that itself would be.

You won't be able to get rid of it, even with Lang gone. Besides that, it's not really a malicious thing anymore. It's just a joke that I and a few others still get a good laugh over.

I don't hate Lang. I know you've accused me of it before, but I don't. I just like the Lang jokes that are made, because their funny. At least I think their funny. Everyone has their own sense of humor though, so it's whatever works for you.

I have a sense of humor...and jokes are only funny about 100 times then they are stale...which this is. Also, it became the basis for everyone's arguments against Lang. Sure, he could have been better, I'm not saying that he was awesome all year OR that there's not some truth to the joke, but I have this feeling that he wouldn't have been 1/2 as bashed if everyone couldn't pull out the 'Lang is lazy and he sucks' joke.

What bothers me about it is 1) it's not funny anymore, it's old and 2) it gives people who can't think for themselves a weapon to use against Lang.

And it will probably go away if Lang goes away.

Ha. Keith Jones doesn't think Bertuzzi will be back. I don't even think the guy gives any real reason as to why he wouldn't?

Keith on Bert and Wings.

What a horrid pic, by the way...

Eh...he said because of health...valid argument, but I don't think that Bert was bad enough even injured to warrant it...I think an 85% Bert will be better than most of the players that we could actually get to replace Bert...so we'll probably retain him if the price is right.

fixed link

Ha. Keith Jones doesn't think Bertuzzi will be back. I don't even think the guy gives any real reason as to why he wouldn't?

Keith on Bert and Wings.

What a horrid pic, by the way...

Jones is an idiot. I've always hated him , Ever since he was a dirty avs back in 97.

Why wouldnt Bert come back ? He doesnt want 6 to 7 million from Florida or Chicago. Hes 33 , he wants a cup and will take a lower contract to get one

Bertuzzi will almost certainly be back next year, given Holland's and his comments. The only real question is the salary. We all want to see what he can do fully healed and in shape. On top of that, give him a (hopefully) full season to gel with some good linemates and, as he says, some damage should ensue--of the right kind of course!

Step 1) Re-sign Bert

Step 2) Re-sign our D

Step 3) Everyone gets healthy

Step 4) Sign Fedorov at the deadline next year

Step 5) Win the Cup!

Wow, that was easy!

Why you dont think we have enough floaters?

You say you watched him when he was in Vancouver. I dont buy it , He was never a floater in Vancouver, and he was a floater for use like 30% of the time , because he was INJURED.

Step 1) Re-sign Bert

Step 2) Re-sign our D

Step 5) Win the Cup!

Wow, that was easy!

Can you imagine our 2nd line with Smyth-Fedorov-Bertuzzi :yowza::thumbup:

"I'm going to grab a bottle of wine, and I'm going to walk down the street and around the corner,'' Babcock said. "I don't know exactly where he lives but I know he lives in my neighborhood and we're going to sit on his deck and I'm probably going to bring my wife, too, and we'll hang out and find out. That's how we're having it. I already told him that. So that'll be good and we'll make sure we don't run out of wine.''

Anyone else see babcock getting drunk with dom, and then signing him to some odd ball contract >.>

Guest ZDH

"I'm going to grab a bottle of wine, and I'm going to walk down the street and around the corner,'' Babcock said. "I don't know exactly where he lives but I know he lives in my neighborhood and we're going to sit on his deck and I'm probably going to bring my wife, too, and we'll hang out and find out. That's how we're having it. I already told him that. So that'll be good and we'll make sure we don't run out of wine.''

Anyone else see babcock getting drunk with dom, and then signing him to some odd ball contract >.>

Holland signs the contracts, not Babcock. Babs likely has some input on who and who doesn't get signed though.

The bolded part gave me a moment's uneasy pause.

He wouldn't...

Nahhhh.

Would he? :unsure:

[edited for html impairment]

Edited by RedRockit

Guest ZDH

The bolded part gave me a moment's uneasy pause.

He wouldn't...

Nahhhh.

Would he? :unsure:

[edited for html impairment]

Is Bab's wife hot?

:lol:

Me too.

The guy showed flashes of brilliance during games, especially against the Ducks. When he's 100% healthy I have no doubt that we will see that brilliance consistently game in and out. He for sure can do some damage.

Also, people assume that his best days are over or behind him, when that isn't the case at all. The guy is what? 32 years old. He's got years left in him, and in my opinion will only get better. Maybe he won't be AS great as 3-4 years ago, but it'll be pretty damn close.

I agree. He is hard to get off the puck when stick handling; especially when he goes behind the oppositions net. If he can get back to 75% of what he was 3 years ago he will still produce what we desperately needed on this team; size with skill and grit. Go Bert and go Kenny in getting this guy back here!

Step 1) Re-sign Bert

Step 2) Re-sign our D

Step 5) Win the Cup!

Wow, that was easy!

Unless Kronwall get's hurt again and you want Fedorov to play defense, there is no point in having him here. He'll just take up a roster spot that could go to someone better, like Grigorenko. No Fedorov. kthx

lol...Grigorenko isn't going to help us in the playoffs...Fedorov will...and he could play D if our D gets injured like this year...or left wing, or right wing, or center, or goal...you know...he does everything...AND is Clutch.

lol...Grigorenko isn't going to help us in the playoffs...Fedorov will...and he could play D if our D gets injured like this year...or left wing, or right wing, or center, or goal...you know...he does everything...AND is Clutch.

How do you know that? He's never played here before. Besides that, Fedorov is over the hill, and has been so for about 4 years now.

You've got to understand: Nostalgia doesn't win Cups. Fedorov has a huge salary, and has been off his game for years now. I have no problem bringing him in when his contract is up, and sign him for dirt cheap, but at this point in time it would be foolish to bring him in with that contract. You could kiss the active trade deadline Kenny had last year goodbye, because he'd have no cap space to work with.

Our best players are over the hill...who cares.

I'm just guessing about Grigorenko...but I'm probably right. Anyway, I'd take a proven playoff performer over someone who's not played a game in the playoffs anyday.

Yeah, I would want to sign him for cheap the year after...hopefully we'd have cap room this year though, because we could use the playoff help.

I'm sick of talking goaltending and defense. We need one who will really help us...someone WE KNOW can actually do some damage in the playoffs. Without Lang we will need someone to score some clutch goals.

Edited by Offsides

Holland signs the contracts, not Babcock. Babs likely has some input on who and who doesn't get signed though.

Holland hands Babcock the contract and a couple bucks for wine and says "get dom to sign this"

thinking about it for a second:

if this was Crazy Eddie we could just pay him in booze

Edited by Rikadyn

Our best players are over the hill...who cares.

I'm just guessing about Grigorenko...but I'm probably right. Anyway, I'd take a proven playoff performer over someone who's not played a game in the playoffs anyday.

Yeah, I would want to sign him for cheap the year after...hopefully we'd have cap room this year though, because we could use the playoff help.

I'm sick of talking goaltending and defense. We need one who will really help us...someone WE KNOW can actually do some damage in the playoffs. Without Lang we will need someone to score some clutch goals.

How about Ryan Smyth? :cool:

How about Ryan Smyth? :cool:

How about Sydney Crosby? :ph34r:

Will the Isles want to let him go anyways.?.. I mean its is so easy to say you want someone (Ovechekin) and it is a totally different thing to actual be able to (Heatley) get them to (spezza) come to our team.

I am 100% content with our team... Sometime you win some, sometimes you lose some.... You will never fix the problems by changing around so many variables each season.

Fedorov and or Kozlov would add the continual scoring past April 8th that we have been lacking ever since we lost them both.

How about Sydney Crosby? :ph34r:

Will the Isles want to let him go anyways.?.. I mean its is so easy to say you want someone (Ovechekin) and it is a totally different thing to actual be able to (Heatley) get them to (spezza) come to our team.

I am 100% content with our team... Sometime you win some, sometimes you lose some.... You will never fix the problems by changing around so many variables each season.

Fedorov and or Kozlov would add the continual scoring past April 8th that we have been lacking ever since we lost them both.

Come on OsGOD. Smyth is, at the very least, in reach. Kenny has suprised us before *coughBertuzzicough*, and who's to say he won't do it again? Besides, listening to the rumors, Smyth might just come here. And no, my source is not Eklund either, so it might actually happen. ;)

Yeah, we might not be able to get Fedorov either...he's happy in Columbus I think. But I think if we can we should. It's time for the prodigal son to return home.

And for those of you who think he is "bad" now..he's not. He's doing very well in Columbus. I like the idea of him because I know he loves Detroit and would probably at least consider coming back, we could probably re-sign him for cheap, he is a playoff performer, he is versatile, and he needs to retire here.

Edited by Offsides