• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest DetroitIan

Does everyone want Bert to re-sign?

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

To me this is a no brainer. He's big, physical, goes to the net, and he has already expressed a desire to be back in the Winged Wheel. Sounds great to me. Look at all the good things we saw in the little time he was here. Once we have him all season, its gonna be clear why we are keeping him. :clap:

Not only do I want Bert to resign, but I beleive he will.

He has mentioned he wants to stay with the Detroit organization, and I feel that Holland feels the same.

He was about 60% - 75% in the playoffs, and we all know he can dominate and play more physical then he was.

So I'd love to see him back on the wings!! :D

Once he's 100% healthy he'll be the Power Forward that the Wings have been looking for , for a long time. :thumbup:

i don t want to sound like bob barker but if the price is right do it if not i worry his back might be like leclairs was always acting up plus we have two centers in dats and z who wingers will take a pay cut to play with in the short term hoping it will spell big bucks later

To me this is a no brainer. He's big, physical, goes to the net, and he has already expressed a desire to be back in the Winged Wheel. Sounds great to me. Look at all the good things we saw in the little time he was here. Once we have him all season, its gonna be clear why we are keeping him. :clap:

I think the question is money. If he wants several years at 4 or 5 mil forget it. If he wants shorter for less to see if he can get healthy again then sure. It could be in his interest to play a year for us say at $2 mil max if he feels he's going to come back too.

HMMMM....

Yes i want him back if he is going to be the Bert of old.

I was a little bummed out by the way that he played in the playoffs but i know that alot of that was due to him not being 100%.

So i guess my answer is yes.

Que DraperFan's Bertuzzi Thread alarm. He'll be along shortly.

As for me. I hope he stays. I hate the guy to death, haha, but i know what he is capable of. In round 1 when he was go toe to toe with Dion, it was awesome. Hopefully Bert will respect that his price tag has dropped and everything will work out.

No.

Therer's always DraperFan

:D

Haha, oops. I just scrolled through to see if he had posted. Didnt read the others yet. I guess its a widely know fact now, haha.

I like the way Bertuzzi played in the playoffs, but I don't think he's consistant enough to be the force he briefly was in Vancouver. I do believe he can still add something to the Wings, and it would be worth it to bring him back at a discount.

With another 4 months off to get healthy, I believe Bert could come back

to somewhere near his best. He's still only 32, so he still has plenty to give. Ideal guy to put on Dats wing. The question is how much are the wings willing to give and how much Bert wants! Maybe a 2 year deal for $4.5m would be a fair deal for both sides, gives Bert some sercurity and

the Wings a potential top player at a reasonable price in this cap era. If

Bert can get back his game and health then he could up his price in 2009

I hope Bertuzzi decides to re-sign with the Red Wings. I think if he gets back up to 100% in the off season he'll be the little extra "umph" that the Wings needed, even if he doesn't return to his Canucks glory days. But I suppose it all depends on how much he and his agent believe he's worth.

Yes.

Bertuzzi played even though he was not completely healthy. He was getting better, he had an awesome game against Anaheim but then hurt his back. Before joining the Wings, he had played just 15 games in Florida so we knew it was going to take him some time to get going. The Wings recognize what he brings to the table, especially since he will be completely rested to start next season. I think there is interest from both sides to get a deal done. It's going to come down to numbers. Hopefully Bertuzzi stays.

people who think he will become the bertuzzi of old are kidding themselves. if we can get him for $2mil or under, i am fine with it but he made $5.4mil last season. he isn't going to take a 60% paycut.

people keep saying, "and he says he wants to stay!" um...of course he is saying that. makes no sense for him to say, "i don't know if i like this place" before he has heard holland's offer.

i really think another team will offer him $4mil or so and detroit won't counter.

just one man's opinion.

Yes indeed.

I want him to be a Wing for a long, long time.

you do realize bertuzzi will be 33 half way through next season. i don't see him playing past age 36 at most. and with his skills already declining, he has at best 2 years with any kind of productivity left.

you did notice the way he ducks out of the way when playing in front of the net, right? not sure why people love this guy.

people who think he will become the bertuzzi of old are kidding themselves. if we can get him for $2mil or under, i am fine with it but he made $5.4mil last season. he isn't going to take a 60% paycut.

people keep saying, "and he says he wants to stay!" um...of course he is saying that. makes no sense for him to say, "i don't know if i like this place" before he has heard holland's offer.

i really think another team will offer him $4mil or so and detroit won't counter.

just one man's opinion.

No. There's a difference between someone saying they want to stay because they 'have' to say that, and someone that keeps saying in every interview that he absolutely loves it here, loves the organizations, the guys, fans, and that it's a special team. He doesn't have to say all that, yet he does. I'm guessing he's being completely honest.

just one man's opinion.

you do realize bertuzzi will be 33 half way through next season. i don't see him playing past age 36 at most. and with his skills already declining, he has at best 2 years with any kind of productivity left.

you did notice the way he ducks out of the way when playing in front of the net, right? not sure why people love this guy.

Right. Because we all know when you reach the age of 33 that it means your career is about to go downhill. Bertuzzi has plenty of years left in him. He's been nowhere near effective as he was with the Nucks for two reasons: 1. The incident 2. His awful back injury. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to realize that injuring your back is probably the worst thing for an athlete to do. If your back is messed up, then you're going to be completely useless out there. He came back too soon because of the playoffs. He played around what 65%? And yet he still looked pretty decent, and started looking really good in the last series. The Wings know that if this guy is completely healthy, works out, gets back into form, and has a training camp under his belt that he's more than capable of being the powerhouse Bertuzzi with loads of talent and skill that he use to be. And you bet I would duck away from the net too if I just had a major back problem, wasn't 100% and on top of that recently had a concussion. You don't take risks to make it worse by getting chopped in the back, or getting a puck thrown at your face.

Indeed. No need to lavish compliments if you don't really want to stay. Gotta love Bert!

You can thank OsGod for Bert loving Detroit. When he came back from suspension in his first game here we went down shook his hand and welcomed him back to the NHL. That's gotta count for something (OsGod's idea) :D

Edited by Offsides

No. There's a difference between someone saying they want to stay because they 'have' to say that, and someone that keeps saying in every interview that he absolutely loves it here, loves the organizations, the guys, fans, and that it's a special team. He doesn't have to say all that, yet he does. I'm guessing he's being completely honest.

Right. Because we all know when you reach the age of 33 that it means your career is about to go downhill. Bertuzzi has plenty of years left in him. He's been nowhere near effective as he was with the Nucks for two reasons: 1. The incident 2. His awful back injury. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to realize that injuring your back is probably the worst thing for an athlete to do. If your back is messed up, then you're going to be completely useless out there. He came back too soon because of the playoffs. He played around what 65%? And yet he still looked pretty decent, and started looking really good in the last series. The Wings know that if this guy is completely healthy, works out, gets back into form, and has a training camp under his belt that he's more than capable of being the powerhouse Bertuzzi with loads of talent and skill that he use to be. And you bet I would duck away from the net too if I just had a major back problem, wasn't 100% and on top of that recently had a concussion. You don't take risks to make it worse by getting chopped in the back, or getting a puck thrown at your face.

i point wasn't that he is 33 and therefore his career will now go downhill. my point is that yes, just as you said, back surgery is very serious and since that surgery he has not been 100% yet, and i don't think he will ever be 100% again. same thing happened with a friend of mine, wendel clark. hurt his back and was never the same. people said that the reason he wasn't playing as well was because he hurt his back. true. problem was he couldn't get back to 100%...and i don't thnk bert will either.

either way, i'd be interested to know what amount of money people would want to see the wings pay bert. i say $2mil or under.