Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Holmstrom

Samuelsson/Filppula/Cleary

Maltby/Draper/Franzen

Kopecky/Hudler/Grigorenko

Lidstrom/Lilja

Lebda/Kronwall

Quincey/Chelios

Osgood/Howard

Ok so I included Chelios because he is a no brainer to come back.

I am not saying this will be the Red Wings' opening line-up for next October. My point is that the Wings are in pretty good shape even if all their UFA's leave for bigger money elsewhere.

Ah crap I couldn't edit the title. Hoked on fonix werks fer me.

Edited by ZDH

Guest ZDH

Schneider is top priority to me. His injury is the primary reason we suddenly couldn't produce enough offense. He was having a great playoff and then suddenly wasn't there and it showed big time against the Ducks.

Remember that rocket OT winner he scored vs the Sharks? I think he could have scored a few of those vs Anaheim. They NEED Schneider for sure, however with Andrei Markov making $5.75 million, his price just went up. Age does NOT matter. Production does. Schneider is still one of the top 10 offensive dmen in the game. Maybe even top 5. I think Holland wants him back of course but he might be too expensive to retain.

Remember that rocket OT winner he scored vs the Sharks? I think he could have scored a few of those vs Anaheim. They NEED Schneider for sure, however with Andrei Markov making $5.75 million, his price just went up. Age does NOT matter. Production does. Schneider is still one of the top 10 offensive dmen in the game. Maybe even top 5. I think Holland wants him back of course but he might be too expensive to retain.

The Wings have 11 forwards, 4 defensemen, and a goalie signed for next season.

[/font]

Schneider, Markov, Hasek, and Chelios should all be back. The Wings won't be paying all of them Markov-like numbers. That would leave Hudler and one more forward as the only players who need to be signed.

The Wings would be in fine shape signing those guys and Hudler, and filling out the final forward spot with a spare part. Obviously something more would be better, but they have plenty of money to do what they need to.