• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Systemfel

Red Wings sign Swedish prospect

Rate this topic

Here's an article about him:

http://www.redwingscentral.com/stories/200...pectsWatch.html

Sounds like he was mismatched with his coach, but has a bunch of potential.

"Andersson believes firmly in Ritola’s skills and potential. The Red Wings picked Ritola in the fourth round (103rd overall) in 2005, and Andersson said the 6-foot, 198-pounder “might be the most talented†1987-born Swede outside of Washington Capitals first-rounder Nicklas Backstrom. "

Interesting.

Interesting, I thought Ryno would have been signed first.

We shall see. I'm gonna try to watch as many games as I can with him playing for Frölunda this upcoming season. Considering it's my hometown. I'll prolly get season tickets...

This kid sound's as if he could be pretty special if he applies himself and provides a better work ethic. Altho it is kinda sad that his coach at Leksands didn't give him a chance. Hopefully he takes the oportunity that the Wings are giving him and fullfills his potential.

We shall see. I'm gonna try to watch as many games as I can with him playing for Fröunda this upcoming season. Considering it's my hometown. I'll prolly get season tickets...
Yeah... I thought I was going to be seeing a lot of Ryno last season, and look how that worked out. The coach has high hopes for the guy, though, so I guess he'll be given a chance to steal a spot in the line-up (should Detroit not sign him). Edited by Systemfel

nice awesome news i was wondering what was going on cause i noticed a few days ago we had till the 1st to sign some prospects ......ryno will be next no doubt , and im almost sure we wont sign lofberg, but i remember our scout praising him when we got him but he hasnt played too well or didnt get alot of ice time as well ?? not sure on the situation , all i know is lofberg is onlky 20 yrs old and is 6'3 200pds i believe with lots of skill , we got no cap space anymore so were spending less money so id love to see them take a chance and lock him up and bring him here .......but i doubt it besides that i want us to sign the big defensemen ,.......may and stamler

Hmm mmph. Another Swedish player now with the Wings. I swear, the management picks these guys up like berries off a tree.

Nothing against the cause or anything, but hearing the fact that this guy is lazy totally turns me off. We'll wait and see, but so far this moves brings me no excitment.

nice awesome news i was wondering what was going on cause i noticed a few days ago we had till the 1st to sign some prospects ......ryno will be next no doubt , and im almost sure we wont sign lofberg, but i remember our scout praising him when we got him but he hasnt played too well or didnt get alot of ice time as well ?? not sure on the situation , all i know is lofberg is onlky 20 yrs old and is 6'3 200pds i believe with lots of skill , we got no cap space anymore so were spending less money so id love to see them take a chance and lock him up and bring him here .......but i doubt it besides that i want us to sign the big defensemen ,.......may and stamler

I would still like them to bring Lofberg over for next season, even if it's just to fill out the roster in Grand Rapids.Maybe playing in NA would light a fire under him and get him to start living up to his potential.

Its seems like we have no north american prospects in our system.

When are we gonna sign emmerton and Helm and get those guys into the minors getting groomed for the wings. Helm is going to be too old to play in the 'W next year , and Emmertons stuck on the Kingston Frontenacs , I'd love to see these guys come up to the bigs.

Anyways , Hopefully he does something good in the minors , I miss our 05/06 Grand Rapids team , Flip , Hudler , Bootland , Koepcky , Macdonald and Macintryre. I liked all of those guys !

Now I know we have Ellis , Bootland and Mcgrath and Howard. Not exactly superstars

When are we gonna sign emmerton and Helm and get those guys into the minors getting groomed for the wings. Helm is going to be too old to play in the 'W next year , and Emmertons stuck on the Kingston Frontenacs , I'd love to see these guys come up to the bigs.

Anyways , Hopefully he does something good in the minors , I miss our 05/06 Grand Rapids team , Flip , Hudler , Bootland , Koepcky , Macdonald and Macintryre. I liked all of those guys !

Now I know we have Ellis , Bootland and Mcgrath and Howard. Not exactly superstars

I really think that the kid Emmerton could be something special. *fingers crssed*

Ritola. Sounds like some new swiss medicine product. Lets hope he's good.

If only he was a goalie....

"Reeeeeeeeetola!!!!! Reeeeeeeeeeeetola!!!!"

Opposing fans would have so much fun chanting his name they'd end up with, coincidentally, a sore throat.

well....the one site doesnt seem to be too impressed by him

remember a lot of people passed on z because he was stuck on a s***ty swedish team

If only he was a goalie....

"Reeeeeeeeetola!!!!! Reeeeeeeeeeeetola!!!!"

Opposing fans would have so much fun chanting his name they'd end up with, coincidentally, a sore throat.

jan mursak who plays for the sprit in the ohl is good i saw him a half dozen times

Spot on.

The lack of grit over the past few years or so spans from one thing: The Wings deciding not to draft any North American players. It's not because of Kenny not signing them, but it's because of Kenny not drafting them.

Look at some of these guys in the league, like Derek Boogard. These guys were picked way down in the cellers, yet still became decent players. The Wings management use their same pick in that same area on some Sven Jonsson or whatever the hell it is, and they get nothing. Granted they did get Datsyuk and Zetterberg down there, but those two were good players from the get-go. I forget exactly what held them back.

I would, for once, like to see the Wings not vacuum out the entire 3rd tier Swedish league in, at least, one draft. I'm not anti-Euro, but for God sakes: Half of these guys don't have a snowballs chance of making it in the NHL. I mean, take a look at their point totals. Some of these guys have like 5 points in 40-50 games in Sweden. Same numbers as a tough guy would have here. But, you know, I don't see this trend changing any time soon.

Again, I'm not anti-Euro. I love guys like Zetterberg, Dats, Homer, and Lidstrom. Heck, even Lilja. But really: the Wings need to start taking a chance on North American born players. They are the lifeblood to most teams, since they do things that a lot of Europeans don't do.

Very much agreed Kp. Wouldnt it be a good idea to actually have some grit getting groomed in the minors rather than have to search for it outside the organization at the deadline every year?

Very much agreed Kp. Wouldnt it be a good idea to actually have some grit getting groomed in the minors rather than have to search for it outside the organization at the deadline every year?

EXACTLY.

I want to have some tough guys in the minors. Not Darrly Bootland and Brad Nortons , young fighters like D.J King that can come up and wipe the floor with some of the enforcers in there 30's.

Yes it would. The Wings could get lucky, and a guy who was initially a scrub when drafted, could florish here. But instead, the Wings are on the outside looking in, and trying to find ways to constantly address a "quick fix" of the grit issue in the free agent market with a couple of 1 year signings. Most of these guys, by the way, are already packing their bags by seasons end. You were absolutly right when you said Kenny doesn't know tough guys, and he doesn't. He's a good GM, but he has his flaws at that same time.