• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeyCrazy3033

Kozzie returning to the Wings?

Rate this topic

I would gripe if Federov came back here. He was never the same after he got that big contract here. I think his wallet got too heavy and his play suffered.

just say NO - to Federov.

What if he wanted to come back for around $1 million, & finish his career here?

I know he's had a few injuries these past few years, but unless I'm wrong I don't think any of them were serious ie - torn ACL, herniated disks, 3rd degree concussions, etc etc...From what I remember Feds was ask on live TV (Versus) if he felt the move away from Detroit was "the right move" - and he took a moment before he answered...That tells me he wishes he would've stayed, but was thinking over his response as to not offend the Blue Jackets.

Would I like him back; yeah for the right price, & if he were healthy.

Lately it has been a seperated shoulder and groin injuries with him... pretty much the standard for such a sport. While on the wings he did get hit so hard that he blacked out and because of that he has been more hesitant to go into the corners. Offsides would know more as she is the resident Feds guru.

Feds still as a home here in Michigan and visits frequently. He still has close attachments to the state, so a move back wouldn't at all hurt his feelings. Sergei still really likes the area and is very greatful that a few of us continue to make the trek from detroit to colubmus to watch him play.... talking to him after the games have been one of the highlights for me in regards to him.

Edited by OsGOD

Sweet :thumbup:

What's he like?

Super friendly... Like many russians I have found they get a bad knock reputation wise for being arrogant and self absorbed and such becuase of their demeanor... Which is totally not the case. He is super nice and remembers you from previous meetings.

He almost attended our wedding, but had commitments he couldn't get out of in Russia. However, he did hook us up with plenty of personalized stuff as a present....

IPB Image

He is one of my favorites... which is why I wouldn't mind being able to unretire our upper right jersey's

IPB Image

Edited by OsGOD

Super friendly... Like many russians I have found they get a bad knock reputation wise for being arrogant and self absorbed and such becuase of their demeanor... Which is totally not the case. He is super nice and remembers you from previous meetings.

He almost attended our wedding, but had commitments he couldn't get out of in Russia. However, he did hook us up with plenty of personalized stuff as a present....

IPB Image

He is one of my favorites... which is why I wouldn't mind being able to unretire our upper right jersey's

IPB Image

You two are one of those perfect matches in terms of hockey fandom, Os. (you and Jen... not Feds and you ha!) I don't even want to know how many jerseys you have combined and all that other nerdy memorabilia stuffed up around in your guys' house somewhere

;)

Edited by Flip-check

You two are one of those perfect matches in terms of hockey fandom, Os. (you and Jen... not Feds and you ha!) I don't even want to know how many jerseys you have combined and all that other nerdy memorabilia stuffed up around in your guys' house somewhere

;)

thanks! and yeah you really don't want to know... it hurts my brain just thinking about it. Not to mention I don't have enough time in a month to get pics of everything :lol:

IPB Image

IPB Image

OsGOD , I love all the Feds and Wings memorabilia that you've got . :) It must be cool to know one of the Hockey greats like you do. :cool:

If the Wings could get him, Kozlov would be a great addition. Kozlov would bring much needed help to the powerplay because of his scoring touch and great hands. Moreover, for a guy his size isn't afraid to get garbage goals around the net which is where most playoff goals are scored. Yeah he did not record any points in the playoffs this year, but I think the production he showed in his previous playoff years is a better indication of what he brings to the table.

Also I find it curious that so many in here are against signing Kozlov and yet are very much in favor of signing Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi is coming off a serious back injury and has a lot of baggage, while Kozlov just had a career year. Seems pretty obvious which player is more of a risk to me...

If the Wings could get him, Kozlov would be a great addition. Kozlov would bring much needed help to the powerplay because of his scoring touch and great hands. Moreover, for a guy his size isn't afraid to get garbage goals around the net which is where most playoff goals are scored. Yeah he did not record any points in the playoffs this year, but I think the production he showed in his previous playoff years is a better indication of what he brings to the table.

Also I find it curious that so many in here are against signing Kozlov and yet are very much in favor of signing Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi is coming off a serious back injury and has a lot of baggage, while Kozlov just had a career year. Seems pretty obvious which player is more of a risk to me...

When you have a career year at 35... there is a lot of chance that playing with Hossa / Kovalchuk helps a lot...

Bertuzzi is what we need - POWER FORWARD - someone with grit, tough...

Some such as myself have a good enough memory to recall "Kozzie" was screwing up alot, & showing no interest in playing hard...I wouldn't be too surprised if Bowman was hard on the kid - maybe Kozlov couldn't take the "abuse" like Stevie, or Shanny. Either way he was given chances to get outta Bowmans doghouse, but never was able to, & ended up being traded for Dom.

As for Bertuzzi I'm a bit wary; he's got alot to prove IMHO. I wouldn't mind seeing him back however @ no more than $2.5 million.

Kozlov has always been streaky. I think you're overstating any extent to which he was in Bowman's doghouse. He wasn't exactly a two-way forward, but the guy was clutch in the playoffs.

And I also don't get how you can think it's so stupid to bring Kozlov back because he has a bad work ethic and is past his prime, yet think Fedorov is a good idea.

Kozlov is usually good for 20+ goals and 50+ points in the new NHL. And he has 42 goals and 37 assists in 118 playoff games.

I like Kozzie and thought if they got him cheap, the Wings should pick him up. I'm not so sure now. They do need a sniper, but honestly they really need size. This team played much bigger than it was this playoffs, but picking up another small skill forward isn't really one of their top needs, even if he was clutch in the postseason.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Guest bullocks

IPB Image

IPB Image

i'm so jelous. feds use to be my favourite player til' he left detroit. i still follow his career tho. i'd do anything to have a signed jersey of him, blah...u lucky guy lol hmmm, if u talk to him again tell him to come back to detroit when he's an FA ;)

Lang's play this past season reminded me alot of Kozlov's last year with Detroit; lazy, & indifferent.

Well Feds is/was an elite player - a level Kozzie could only dream of...If Feds were to stay "healthy" ie no major knee/back/head/neck/hip injuries in the next year or so, & if he were to come back for $1.5 million (UFA signing) just so he could retire here; why not sign him to a 1 year deal (team could have an option for a second year)?

As for Kozzies playoff performance - what'd he do this past spring - granted the Thrashers got pummeled.

Size is great, but big guys have gotta have talent too.

we need a shanahan type someone with size and a shot from the halfboard on the wing

ps remember the wings after the 96 playoffs the wings got bigger and tougher in a lot of different ways ward, mccarty

lapointe

Lang's play this past season reminded me alot of Kozlov's last year with Detroit; lazy, & indifferent.

Well Feds is/was an elite player - a level Kozzie could only dream of...If Feds were to stay "healthy" ie no major knee/back/head/neck/hip injuries in the next year or so, & if he were to come back for $1.5 million (UFA signing) just so he could retire here; why not sign him to a 1 year deal (team could have an option for a second year)?

As for Kozzies playoff performance - what'd he do this past spring - granted the Thrashers got pummeled.

Size is great, but big guys have gotta have talent too.

I agree that in their prime Fedorov was absolutely the more dominant more complete player. But he's not been that guy for four years now. He's a shadow of his former self. Fedorov played 73 games this year and managed 18 goals playing almost 20 minutes a game. Granted, Columbus is terrible, but he used to be the go to guy that made everyone around him better.

Sergei was a great player on the Wings and a huge part of their success. He's just not what they need right now. And I'd never want to sign a player to the Wings just so they could retire here.

As for Kozlov, Atlanta stunk up the joint this year. It's hardly a reflection on his playoff history.

I agree big guys gotta have talent too. I don't want a goon. But the Wings could use more size.

Guest bullocks

Well the Red Wings were lucky that guys like McCarty, Lapointe, Ward, Vladdie, etc etc were all draft picks, or part of a trade that got them here...These past several seasons it's obvious we've gotten smaller, & at times lacked the tuffness which was apparent when we were pushed around by the Flyers. That said though we did hold our own these past playoffs.

Shanny's aren't growing on trees, & are tuff to find. I for 1 don't want that ego-centric loser Tkachuk, nor his aging side-kick Guerin...If Holland were to look @ adding somebody via UFA there's of course Bertuzzi, Hartnell, & Owen Nolan.

we were spose to get nolan at the deadline but something like his wife didn't want to leave phoenix or something stupid like that so he didn't waive his no trade clause.

Shanny's aren't growing on trees, & are tuff to find. I for 1 don't want that ego-centric loser Tkachuk, nor his aging side-kick Guerin...If Holland were to look @ adding somebody via UFA there's of course Bertuzzi, Hartnell, & Owen Nolan.

Agreed. Detroit dodged a bullet not signing playoff washouts like Tkachuk and Guerin.

I'm for signing Bertuzzi if it's short term and relatively cheap. He's already here, and as you pointed out, these guys are hard to come by. It's worth gambling on his health and for returning, because on paper, he's what the Wings need.

When you have a career year at 35... there is a lot of chance that playing with Hossa / Kovalchuk helps a lot...

Bertuzzi is what we need - POWER FORWARD - someone with grit, tough...

Right...because all of his scoring was solely becasue his linemates and definitly not because of his skill. Without a doubt Kozlov didn't have any positive effect on them guys either. Gimmie a ******* break. If Kozlov came here he would be most likely playing on a line with Dats, Hank or both...geez them guys are scrubs if I've ever seen 'em.

Bertuzzi has shown the physical force of a wet paper bag since he left Vancouver...

Some such as myself have a good enough memory to recall "Kozzie" was screwing up alot, & showing no interest in playing hard...I wouldn't be too surprised if Bowman was hard on the kid - maybe Kozlov couldn't take the "abuse" like Stevie, or Shanny. Either way he was given chances to get outta Bowmans doghouse, but never was able to, & ended up being traded for Dom.

As for Bertuzzi I'm a bit wary; he's got alot to prove IMHO. I wouldn't mind seeing him back however @ no more than $2.5 million.

Ahem my memory is fine...I do recall many people in Bowman's doghouse including Yzerman who...gasp...Bowman almost had traded. I also remember Kozlov scoring huge playoff goals while he was here.

Then your memory would recall the fact that Bert had back surgery; just don't go right back to where ya left off overnight...He'll have the much needed time this summer to get himself back into shape.

As for Kozlov - yeah he did score some big playoff goals, and many times he also played poorly, showed no desire to backcheck, & unlike Stevie, & Shanny he didn't do enough to get himself outta the doghouse.

Wait...you mean to tell me that Bertuzzi injured his back?!?!? OMG I didn't know that...maybe I should go look at the 800 Bert apologist threads for some clarification. You completely missed my point. Signing Bert is a very risky move given his recent history...whereas Kozlov just came off a 80 point season(a much less risky player to sing)

LOL right..Shanny was as lazy as anyone else on the team while he was here, and if you'll remember was in Bowman's doghouse more often than not....

Just what we need another 5 feet nothing forward whom lacks both mental, & physical tuffness...As for Shanny - yeah he too was in Bowman's doghouse, but he wasn't the 1 traded away now was he? He found a way to get the job done, & eventually get on Bowman's good side...Kozzie's play (or lack there of) also had seen him get booted from Buffalo as well. If he were smart he should stay in Atlanta where he's had recent success.

Re-signing Bert is a risk, but as I've already mentioned we don't need to add another small forward...If not Bertuzzi I'd like to see that cheap-shot artist Hartnell on our roster; he's the SOB we need on our team, & a guy that'll throw an elbow right back @ Pronger!

Kozlov left Buffalo after injuring his achilies...

The Wings do not need someone to throw elbows around...they need someone to light the lamp. Kozlov could fill that role nicely. I like the prospect of bringing in Hartnell too, but he is going to get a big time raise this summer...which may make him too expensive for the Wings to sign.

Bertuzzi > Kozlov

We don't need anymore fairies.

Kozlov came back from a horrific car crash when he was 19 to have a successful career in the NHL. At 5'10 he's undersized, but has proved he's tough as nails. He's never afraid to go into corners. And remember when Stevens nearly took his head off?

In short, you and your homophobic comment are way f*cking off base.

Tree stump>you

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Guest bullocks

Kozlov came back from a horrific car crash when he was 19 to have a successful career in the NHL. At 5'10 he's undersized, but has proved he's tough as nails. He's never afraid to go into corners. And remember when Stevens nearly took his head off?

In short, you and your homophobic comment are way f*cking off base.

Tree stump>you

oh poor him. i'm glad he came back to have a successful NHL career, but he's not tough as nails. and i remember when stevens rocked him, but that's what your spose to do, get hit..and get back up. what else is he spose to do. Because he got rocked and he got up proves he's tough or something. i remember a lazy back checker that got benched on multiple occasions by bowman. he plays hockey, your suppose to go in the corners and not be afraid. good ridence.

oh poor him. i'm glad he came back to have a successful NHL career, but he's not tough as nails. and i remember when stevens rocked him, but that's what your spose to do, get hit..and get back up. what else is he spose to do. Because he got rocked and he got up proves he's tough or something. i remember a lazy back checker that got benched on multiple occasions by bowman. he plays hockey, your suppose to go in the corners and not be afraid. good ridence.

My point is that he's no fairy.

He's tougher than me and you, that's for sure.

Of course you're suppose to go into corners and not be afraid, but I see an awful lot of guys in the NHL who pull up when they know someone's behind them.

As I said, Kozlov really isn't the greatest fit for the Wings right now, but your talk about the player he was here has no bearing in reality.

Guest bullocks

Don't get me wrong i like kozlov, but he's not the player the wings need in this day and age.

Right...because all of his scoring was solely becasue his linemates and definitly not because of his skill. Without a doubt Kozlov didn't have any positive effect on them guys either. Gimmie a ******* break. If Kozlov came here he would be most likely playing on a line with Dats, Hank or both...geez them guys are scrubs if I've ever seen 'em.

Bertuzzi has shown the physical force of a wet paper bag since he left Vancouver...

Ahem my memory is fine...I do recall many people in Bowman's doghouse including Yzerman who...gasp...Bowman almost had traded. I also remember Kozlov scoring huge playoff goals while he was here.

You are right - Kozlov is exactly what this team needs - another 5' forward at 35... This is the guy we needed to battle with Pronger... Maybe you should watch more SMURF's (Schtroumpfs) and less hockey...

:clap::clap::clap: