• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DBR

Kozzie a Wing again?

Rate this topic

I just read two different articles about the possibility of Kozlov suiting up next season as a Wiing again. I don't know why, but this suprised me. What does everyone think of this????? He would replace Lang.

ARTICLE #1

ARTICLE #2

WINGS IN 2008!

GO WINGS!!!!

Edited by DBR

I'd kind of like to see him on a line with Datsyuk or Filpula (can't spell his nae, let alone say it the right way.) From what I remember, he faded badly at the end of his run with the Wings, but during playoffs, I think he would be a good addition to the 2nd or 3rd line, but he's small. Will he get run over by the lbig gritty guys????

Guest ZDH

It's likely the same original article which was written last week that is appearing in all these rumours. The Wings have not even had their team meeting yet which is supposed to take place at the end of the first week in June. Any rumours out there right now are likely false. Holland, Nill, Devellano, Bowman and Yzerman will all have a say on who comes, who stays and who goes. Kozlov might be a possibility, who knows. But I can't see any rumour having any truth to it at this point.

Edited by ZDH

I would welcome him back (with the obvious dismclaimer of "for the right price"). Obviously there will be some who question bringing in a 35 year old winger...especially those crazy and stupid enough to say we should let schneider walk.

But it seems like Kozlov is a consistent 20 goal scorer. He cant guarantee 80 points a year though as last year was his most productive of his career. Ya he trailed off in production with the wings, but years later its obvious he's proven himself. Just so much however, i still wonder. I want to know how many of those 80 points was contributed on playing with teammates ilya kovalchuck and marian hossa. Somebody that knows more than me could tell me that he was never on a line with them and that would do enough to convince me.

hes not a superstar but he did et 80 pts and 25 goals , im sure he can get 3.5 for 2-3 yrs somewhere in the league , i dont think it would be worth it as much as i like him , we got other young players coming in soon , we already locked up maltby for 3 yrs we dont need to add kozzie at 3+ for 2-3 yrs , id rather we get a big body

OMG HE HAS NO GRIT OMG!!1 PLZ DUN SIGN HIM~!@!~!!

He's good and would love to see him back in Detroit. Maybe him and Datsyuk would do some serious damage.

I don't know guys...he's like 35 now, it's nice to think of the glory day Wings, but I wouldn't mind at all if they passed on him. I know he had 80 points last season, but I can't imagine he's going to have many more seasons like that. The only way I'd like to see him back is for cheap.

You know, it'd be interesting...

When we got Hasek we lost Ozzie and Kozlov. Now we'd have Ozzie and Kozzie and well, Hasek needs a nickname that rhymes with Ozzie and Kozzie.

Interesting, indeed. I have alway lamented the loss of any player who can score a clutch playoff goal. Kozlov fit that bill, many a time!

Bertuzzi is our power forward now...we should get Fedorov to more than fill Lang's spot

NO.

Kozlov can fill Langs spot. He's not overrpaid and over the hill like Fedorov. Don't waste a roster spot on Fedorov. Sign someone like Hartnell who has more upside.

And please guys: I would appreciate it if we don't start the name calling that I dare suggest Hartnell. It's my gut feeling that Hartnell is just what this team needs, and most people, who aren't obsessed with the past, will generally agree with me that he'll be a much better choice then Fedorov. Signing Kozlov can fill Langs spot, and put Hartnell on that line, and it's not half bad.

Guest ZDH

Wings re-sign Kozlov and McCarty. Trade for Fedorov. It's 1997 all over again.

You know, it'd be interesting...

When we got Hasek we lost Ozzie and Kozlov. Now we'd have Ozzie and Kozzie and well, Hasek needs a nickname that rhymes with Ozzie and Kozzie.

Interesting, indeed. I have alway lamented the loss of any player who can score a clutch playoff goal. Kozlov fit that bill, many a time!

He used to score clutch playoff goals , I dont even remeber the last time he scored a playoff goal , Probably 01-02.

I'd take him back if he can get his groove back , If he cant , Then its a no.

NO.

Kozlov can fill Langs spot. He's not overrpaid and over the hill like Fedorov. Don't waste a roster spot on Fedorov. Sign someone like Hartnell who has more upside.

Hartnell? More upside than Fedorov?

:lol:

Fedorov could still be lighting up the league if he played with any passion. A return to Detroit could do it. I don't know if I'm in favor of getting the guy back, but you're overrating Hartnell here.

Guest ZDH

I have this loud voice in my head which wants the Wings to sign Drury just to piss off the Avsnots fans. I don't care if he never scores a goal. Just the fact it would make the Avsnots fans angry would make me grin like an old man after he got half price for his Depends.

Edited by ZDH

Fedorov could still be lighting up the league if he played with any passion. A return to Detroit could do it. I don't know if I'm in favor of getting the guy back, but you're overrating Hartnell here.

And your underestimating Hartnell. A 20 goal scorer , a possible 30+ goal scorer, Plays with an edge , fights , hits , has good speed.

Fedorov is a shadow of his old self , I'd take him back , not for 6 million.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

And your underestimating Hartnell. A 20 goal scorer , a possible 30+ goal scorer, Plays with an edge , fights , hits , has good speed.

Fedorov is a shadow of his old self , I'd take him back , not for 6 million.

Fedorov won't cost $6 million at the deadline. He still has all the tools to be a stud in this league, at any position.

Guest ZDH

I think Fedorov can be great for us as a deadline pick-up. The thought of Z and Dats on 1 line and Sergei on Kozzie on another intrigues me.

But so does Flip playing lots of minutes and becoming that #2 guy. I like Hartnell's game even though I called him many names when I saw him play the Wings on tv.

I get the feeling Holland will make an offer for Smyth but it will not be as high as other team's offers. Kind of like that offer he made to Elias last summer for 5.5 mil. He wanted to find out if he would come to Detroit for less. Elias didn't because it was either NJ or NYR for him.

Smyth MIGHT be willing to take less to play for a contender like Detroit. I still thinks he goes to the highest bidder in the end.

I don't know. I've done a bit of reading on back injuries and it makes me want to steer clear of Bert. I was all for keeping him but now am not so sure. I've talked to Canucks fans who tell me his game was in decline even before the Moore incident and that was 3 years ago.

I don't know. I'm leaning more towards Hartnell myself. I like his grit and offense. We need players who are hard to play against but who can also score. Of course Smyth is the better player but he will be much more expensive.

Fans don't like Hartnell but if he became a Red Wing he would be an instant favourite the first time he smoked someone into the glass (not from behind). We all have players we loathe. I mean if CLaude Lemieux had ever become a Red Wing, I likely would have done a swan dive into Niagra Falls or off the CN Tower or listened to a GRINDER concert. No offense Mac.

Edited by ZDH