• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DBR

Kozzie a Wing again?

Rate this topic

I would absolutely love to see Slava back.

Federov on the other hand has 1 year left on his contract at 6.08 million...no thx maybe next year.

Drury would also be a nice addition.

Lecavalier would be my top pick....but that ain't going to happen.

Edited by bellarina

I've always liked Slava and if they could get him cheap, sure. I wish they'd dump Samuelsson and Calder to pick up Kozzy and a physical RW. (yes I know Samuelsson is signed through 09, but I can dream).

Honestly though after watching this years playoffs, even though they played gritty and played well beyond their size, the Wings need to get bigger. Kozlov isn't gonna help in that department.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I have mixed feelings on Federov but I do believed that Ozzie woud be a good fit for 2 reasons he knows the system , and was a great playoff performer , now for Sergi he would be good on the point on the power play in stead of Sammy, has great playoff numbers good size but he left on his own from Detroit and Ozzie was traded for Dom. I would realy have to think about Sergi

Edited by DEVILSWATERBOY

I have mixed feelings on Federov but I do believed that Ozzie woud be a good fit for 2 reasons he knows the system , and was a great playoff performer , now for Sergi he would be good on the point on the power play in stead of Sammy, has great playoff numbers good size but he left on his own from Detroit and Ozzie was traded for Dom. I would realy have to think about Sergi

Well Kozzie would be a good fit. Ozzie is already a Wing. ;)

Kozzie was traded for Dom, Ozzie was put on waivers and picked by the Isles.

I'm cool with bringing Kozlov back because he still has good speed. Signing him gives Holland the chance to get another top 6 forward and keep Bertuzzi. A Kozlov-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi line could be dominant. You have to think Bert will have his legs back and skating much better next fall, and while Kozlov have developed into a quality playmaker he's still a sniper at heart. I would have no problem at all with Kozzie coming back.

I've always liked Slava and if they could get him cheap, sure. I wish they'd dump Samuelsson and Calder to pick up Kozzy and a physical RW. (yes I know Samuelsson is signed through 09, but I can dream).

Honestly though after watching this years playoffs, even though they played gritty and played well beyond their size, the Wings need to get bigger. Kozlov isn't gonna help in that department.

I don't agree. Well, I agree to a certain extent, but I don't really think we lost because of size. I don't think that getting size will guarantee that we win, either. To get rid of skilled players just to pick up size is sort of a lateral movement in my opinion.

I don't agree. Well, I agree to a certain extent, but I don't really think we lost because of size. I don't think that getting size will guarantee that we win, either. To get rid of skilled players just to pick up size is sort of a lateral movement in my opinion.

Why don't we just get a BIGGER goalie???? I mean that will cover all angles... Come on git jiggy wid it!

I would absolutely love to see Slava back.

Federov on the other hand has 1 year left on his contract at 6.08 million...no thx maybe next year.

Drury would also be a nice addition.

Lecavalier would be my top pick....but that ain't going to happen.

i think the important thing is whether we should move z to second line center if we do we need a winger to play with dats one who can score and maybe keep bert with z

He'd come at a good price too I bet, he only made $2mil last year. Thats not a bad price for a bonafide top six guy, ecpspecially one that can bring his A game in the playoffs like Kozzy

he could also play the half board on the pp

Guest ZDH

I'm not sure on bringing Kozzie back. I think we have enough old guys on the team as is. It's a young man's game and even though you do need your vets, you can't be too old in the playoffs. I mean we have Chelly, maybe Schneider coming back, Nick, maybe Dom again...Plus Draper and Maltby are both over 30. Bert is over 30 if he comes back. Same with Markov... You see what I mean? I don't know. I've always liked Kozzie but he is a guy I'd sign if only we missed out on the other guys like Smyth or Hartnell. If he did come it would make sense to put him with Dats. Those Russian players seem to always click together. He's an option. But I'd like to see Holland try and get Smyth or Hartnell first. Or re-sign Bert.

Please, no, don't bring back Fedorov!

We just signed Maltby for 3 years, and if we bring back Kozlov, hell we may as well bring back McCarty and Lapointe too. I loved the team we had from 1995-2002, but let's move on.

Let's go with the young legs, figure out what to do in net, sign Bert and Calder, and add a big name up front.

calder will not be back that is almost a guarantee

Guest ZDH

...or as I've stated in another post - how about Holland swinging a trade with the Habs for disgruntled vet Kovalev? I'm not a big fan of the guy, but he's got tons of talent, good size (6'2" 215 lbs) & he might fit perfectly alongside Dats...2 years left on a contract that'll pay him $4.5 mill per season - GM Gainey & Kovalev are said to be on the "outs".

I would avoid Kovalev (and Samsonov for that matter) because of a few things...

Salary. Kovy makes what over $4 mil a season? Heck of a talent, he always was. But he only seems to play when he wants to. He would likely score alot of goals playing with Dats though. Kovy has always played well when he plays with other skilled players.

Injuries. He seems to be more brittle now that he is getting older. Of course no one is as brittle as our own Kronwall...

Anyway again...if we lose out on all our other targets this summer than Kovy, like Kozzie is an option. An expensive old one at that. I've never liked his attitude of only playing when he wants to. I've seen this guy quit on his team many times.

Even this past season when the Habs were fighting the Leafs for that last playoff spot. I was at the game at the ACC for that pivotal game. The worst player on the ice in that game for both teams was KOVALEV. What a slug! He made Lang look like Kris Draper!

Now maybe he comes to Detroit and he and Dats make out on the ice and he scores 40 goals. I don't know! He is an option I suppose!

Why do we want all these older players? How about we try and get guys who are 27-31? Like Smyth, or Hartnell? Or Drury or Gomez even? Go big or go home? We can't always play TURN BACK THE CLOCK FOLKS!

Edited by ZDH

Guest ZDH

^ I'll agree with most of your post - dunno if we could afford Smyth, Drury, or Gomez, but Hartnell just might work.

Symth IMHO is gonna end up like Wendel Clark - career ending too soon due to alot of injuries.

Whom did you knock-off to get those Leafs/Habs tickets :battle:

Man a buddy of mine has Leafs season tickets. One of the nice things about living in a place where there are 99% Laffs fans. That was some atmosphere that night! I was sad to see the Laffs win but that place went nuts when the Laffs won that game. All for nothing though because the Isles won the next day vs NJ to get the last playoff spot.

I wouldn't mind Kozlov back in the wings uniform if his contract was on the cheaper side.

He is getting older, but that would be cool to have him on a line with Datsyuk.

I don't see this happening though, with all the players we need to get signed, and some of the other possible FA's that will be out there. but who knows..

as for Feds ehh optimistic on that guy.

Fedorov would be a great fit in 2008. Hell if they had Fedorov in the playoff run loosing Schneider would have hurt soo bad because Fedorov can play defense, and has a rocket of a slap shot. Kozzie is another one who would fit great on a line with Filppula. They are on the cusp of another championship, they just need the missing pieces of the puzzle.

Edited by RainingBlood

I guarantee that if Hartnell signed in Detroit all the talk about him being a dirty goon would disappear in a heartbeat. You guys would LOVE him. And don't forget that those 20-25 goals every season are on the third line here, playing with guys like Fiddler, Smithson, Nichol, Tootoo, Abid. and in seasons past with the likes of Greg Johnson, Denis Arkhipov and Vlad Orszagh. Not exactly any kind of great supporting cast.

of course, the last thing I want to see is for him to go to Detroit or any other central team. I'd much rather re-sign him or send him to the east.

Edited by Legionnaire11

The only problem I see with getting Kozlov is I can't picture him as a Wing as anything but 13.

13 is my lucky number, you now. So we'd be lucky to have another 13 on the team.

And we just need Fedorov back to lift the curse of the Red Wings :D

It's not just picking up ANY players from the past, you guys...these are 2 proven playoff performers...they will be awesome, I know it! It's what we need...that clutch scoring!

I guarantee that if Hartnell signed in Detroit all the talk about him being a dirty goon would disappear in a heartbeat. You guys would LOVE him. And don't forget that those 20-25 goals every season are on the third line here, playing with guys like Fiddler, Smithson, Nichol, Tootoo, Abid. and in seasons past with the likes of Greg Johnson, Denis Arkhipov and Vlad Orszagh. Not exactly any kind of great supporting cast.

of course, the last thing I want to see is for him to go to Detroit or any other central team. I'd much rather re-sign him or send him to the east.

I can guarantee you won't hear that from me.

While I'd appreciate his goals here and there, I've always cringed whenever a Wing makes a questionable hit. Maltby is a great agitator, and I can see why other teams' fans call him a pansy, but atleast he just gets in the other teams face, rather than cheapshotting players. For Hartnell its seems more commonplace.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Hartnell? More upside than Fedorov?

:lol:

Fedorov could still be lighting up the league if he played with any passion. A return to Detroit could do it. I don't know if I'm in favor of getting the guy back, but you're overrating Hartnell here.

Yeah, well good luck actually getting Fedorov to play with passion.

I'm not overrating Hartnell. The guy has the potential to be a 30 goal scorer, and plays with grit and an edge. He might not be a 100 point scorer like Fedorov *used to be, but at this point in time, he can be no worse then Fedorov.

I can't believe the amount of people here that are in favor of getting Fedorov back. Sure, maybe when he's a free agent and dirt ass cheap, but not a f-ing 6 million a year contract. I'm sorry, but due to Fedorovs old age and lack of desire to win, he won't get the welcome mat from me.

I could see this happening possibly, however Kovalchuk and Kozlov have become close friends and the only other place I could see Slava going would be our team.

Another Russian everyone is overlooking that we could possibly get cheap is Samsonov. He is looking for a way out of Montreal and fast, I'm willing to bet he would play for the Yotes just to leave, so maybe we sign Kozlov and Samsonov cheap.

samsonov would not come cheap. i've been awaiting his return (played for vipers of defunct IHL) for years. he looks so natural each year in training camp, skating with the wings... he would come with a hefty pricetag.

What's so bad about an 80pt player? Some of you just dont want any former Wings here. There's a difference between bringing McCarty back and Kozlov or Fedorov, who are both still good players. I wouldnt care at all if Fedorov or Kozlov came back(Fedorov during free agency, though), since they're still good players.

Guest ZDH

Yeah, well good luck actually getting Fedorov to play with passion.

I'm not overrating Hartnell. The guy has the potential to be a 30 goal scorer, and plays with grit and an edge. He might not be a 100 point scorer like Fedorov *used to be, but at this point in time, he can be no worse then Fedorov.

I can't believe the amount of people here that are in favor of getting Fedorov back. Sure, maybe when he's a free agent and dirt ass cheap, but not a f-ing 6 million a year contract. I'm sorry, but due to Fedorovs old age and lack of desire to win, he won't get the welcome mat from me.

I think what most of us are saying is that we would like to see Fedorov back on the Red Wings at the trade deadline when salary is not an issue. Plus this is the last year of the conrtact he originally signed with Anaheim.

So the Wings could rent him at the deadline, win the Cup and then allow him to retire. I see no problem with Fedorov as being a #2 centre on a contender. Even if he doesn't score any goals or provide any offense (yeah right) then he at least can shadow the other team's #1 centre. He is still excellent defensively and still has his amazing skills. He is in the twilight of his career but he is still better than most centres in this league.

If he came back now, he would not have to be the #1 centre again. All he would have to do is provide some secondary offense to compliment Hank and Dats.

No one wants him back at 6 mil per. Of course not. But at the deadline as a rental, I am all for it!

Now if Flip comes in next season and takes off as the #2 centre then great. But Sergei can play the wing even. Hey we have not won a Cup since Sergei left. The Wings never won when Lindsay left. Just throwing that out there. LOL

Seriously, bringing back Fedorov is not a bad idea at the trade deadline. I mean we could do much worse than bring back a 3 time Stanley Cup champion who has elite skills and who has won here before. It's an option.

I can say the same about Kozlov :blink:

Theres a difference. Kozlov is cheap and still has some decent play left in him. While I'd like to see the Wings get Hartnell instead, I'd welcome back Kozlov.

If the salary issue does go into effect at the deadline, then maybe Fedorov isn't such a bad option. That is, if the Wings don't decide to sign anyone this summer. If the Wings do sign another center or something like that, then no, I really don't want him back.

I'm pretty sure that no one is saying to give Fedorov a $6 million contract.

The thought is to pick him up at the deadline and then sign him for a lesser contract in the summer.

Theres a difference. Kozlov is cheap and still has some decent play left in him. While I'd like to see the Wings get Hartnell instead, I'd welcome back Kozlov.

Kozlov WAS cheap...we don't know if he will continue to be so. If he is, I'd totally like to see him back. I don't see why his age really matters as long as he can get it done NOW. Honestly, we have the ability to win NOW...we don't know about 2 or 3 years down the road.