• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DBR

Kozzie a Wing again?

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

I am so down for this move. Ive always loved Kozzie. Just another bad ass Russian scoring machine. I would love to see a Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Kozlov line. Get it done Kenny!

I'd love to get him back, he was always good with us. plus, his forementioned 80 points was his career high, at 34 years old. he showing no signs of slowing down, ill take him in a heartbeat.

I love Kozzie but do not be mistaken Fedorov > Kozlov even in present form.

Kozlov & Feds (neither for $6million...:huh:) Kozlov now, Feds at the deadline. Wow, we will have an awesome playoffs then...!

Smyth...NAH...definitely will be overpaid. Drury...not sure...

I love Kozzie but do not be mistaken Fedorov > Kozlov even in present form.

Kozlov & Feds (neither for $6million...:huh:) Kozlov now, Feds at the deadline. Wow, we will have an awesome playoffs then...!

We'll actually have a reliable knee-deep offense with Dats and Z up front, then Slava and Sergei on #2.

Whatever people say about Feds being washed up, I believe that the guy would pick it up again after coming back to Hockeytown. His largest mistake may have been in leaving--he's 38 now, but forget it, the man has skills still. I don't care what a lot of you say.

If we did both deals though I'd consider it wise to pick up another "tough guy" to add in there like Bert could be again. We need the finishers like Koz and Feds, but we don't want to hamstring ourselves for what toughness next year brings either.

Kozzie was always a favorite Wing of mine. I know that he would love to return and he was always a beast in the playoffs. I love his work ethic. I'd love to see him, Dats and Hommer on the PP, as long as someone will shoot the puck. I hate to go back to the game of catch of yester year.

I'd like to see him back, but his best years may be long behind him. Fedorov on the other hand SHOULD and will never be welcomed back to the Wings. Illitch will not have it.

Edited by servo

Please, no, don't bring back Fedorov!

We just signed Maltby for 3 years, and if we bring back Kozlov, hell we may as well bring back McCarty and Lapointe too. I loved the team we had from 1995-2002, but let's move on.

Let's go with the young legs, figure out what to do in net, sign Bert and Calder, and add a big name up front.

I was watching the March 26, 1997 game yesterday and thought to myself "hey, the current Wings should get Kozlov again." Well here it is, a real possibility!

Guest bullocks

Physicalness and grit wins championships, not Kozlov. I wouldn't mind this move at around $2 million. I doubt that will happen, also...some of u seem to forget we can barely re-sign all of our free agents as it is.

Kenny has a soft spot for former Wings so this wouldn't surprise me. Heck I think it would be a great move. Kozzie was a fan favorite and always a playoff performer. I say we bring him back for sure! And heck bring back Fedorov while your at it...Maybe Fetisov will come outta retirement?

We just signed Maltby for 3 years, and if we bring back Kozlov, hell we may as well bring back McCarty and Lapointe too. I loved the team we had from 1995-2002, but let's move on.

Let's go with the young legs, figure out what to do in net, sign Bert and Calder, and add a big name up front.

God damn agreed.

I thought this thread was a joke-type thing until I kept reading through. We're talking about Slava Kozlov correct? Threw a body check once in 1995 and got scared? 1994 SCFs is when I became an even bigger Scott Stevens fan. "You're next!"

Bring back Shanny too......oh and fix me a soup sandwich.

Guest Crymson

I just read two different articles about the possibility of Kozlov suiting up next season as a Wiing again. I don't know why, but this suprised me. What does everyone think of this????? He would replace Lang.

ARTICLE #1

ARTICLE #2

WINGS IN 2008!

GO WINGS!!!!

While I'd love to see Kozlov around again, it'd be purely for nostalgia's sake, and I'd probably wish we'd looked elsewhere at the end of it.

I do believe Holland will go after what we need: a big scorer, preferrably young. This type of player is in stark contrast to Kozlov, who is a set-up man and is small and on the old side.

Keep in mind that ANYONE with decent abilities could rack up a high point-total playing on a line with Kovalchuk and Hossa all year.

As with Shanahan, it's nice to think back to the old days: however, I think we learned this season that drawing from those olden days equals a giant step backwards. They're over and done with.

For those talking about how Kozlov "was so good with us in the past," keep in mind that the guy hasn't played in a Wings` jersey for over SIX YEARS. He wasn't even into his 30s at that point. It's been awhile and things have changed. Also, keep in mind that we have a limited number of roster spots; should we spend one on a mid-level guy who can't hit to save his life, and has terrible balance to boot?

He used to score clutch playoff goals , I dont even remeber the last time he scored a playoff goal , Probably 01-02.

I'd take him back if he can get his groove back , If he cant , Then its a no.

Kozlov last scored a playoff goal in the 2001 playoffs. I don't think the term "clutch goal scorer" can necessarily be attributed to him anymore.

And your underestimating Hartnell. A 20 goal scorer , a possible 30+ goal scorer, Plays with an edge , fights , hits , has good speed.

And you're advocating that we pick up the following:

1) Ryan Smyth, a roleplayer. He scores from in front of the net. We already have Holmstrom, who is Smyth's rival for title of best at this job. Do we really need Smyth, thus, as opposed to other guys who can score away from the net? No, we don't.

2) Scott Hartnell. Good for him if he can score 20 goals. So can Sammy. So did Willy. Not a big deal, when we can find so much better. You're also forgetting that he's a totally amoral, dirty goon on the ice. Who wants that sort of filth on the Wings? Before you bring up Bertuzzi in an attempt to discredit my argument, consider that Hartnell makes DELIBERATE attempts to injure others, and has consistently shown this behavior. It's part of his game. I call him scum.

Edited by Crymson

I started this topic in the rumor thread earlier today, and was completely THRILLED when I found out the Wings were interested in Kozzie.

Age isn't so much a factor. The guy still puts up great numbers, scores big goals, and is great defensively. Like a few have said, pick up Kozzie now, get Feds at the deadline and they are in great shape.

The whole enforcer thing is blowing way outta proportion. The way the Wings played in these playoffs shows they can handle anything thrown at them. They can dish it and take it. No need for an 'enforcer' or fighter. It's not going to change a thing. You get a 100% healthy Bertuzzi out there and we are good to go! Plus Markov, and Lilja are willing to drop the gloves if need be. The Wings are in fine position. All they need is someone to take Lang's spot, and Kozzie or Feds.. or BOTH would more than do that.

Ahhh can you imagine what the lines would look like. *drool*

You're also forgetting that he's a totally amoral, dirty goon on the ice. Who wants that sort of filth on the Wings? Before you bring up Bertuzzi in an attempt to discredit my argument, consider that Hartnell makes DELIBERATE attempts to injure others, and has consistently shown this behavior. It's part of his game. I call him scum.

Thank you!! Finally someone agrees and sees that punk ass in the same light I do.

.....oh and fix me a soup sandwich.
Hate to be a soup natzi.. but....
God damn agreed.

I thought this thread was a joke-type thing until I kept reading through. We're talking about Slava Kozlov correct? Threw a body check once in 1995 and got scared? 1994 SCFs is when I became an even bigger Scott Stevens fan. "You're next!"

:thumbup:

:thumbup: AND
Physicalness and grit wins championships, not Kozlov. I wouldn't mind this move at around $2 million. I doubt that will happen, also...some of u seem to forget we can barely re-sign all of our free agents as it is.

:o:thumbup::o

Edited by rage

Guest bullocks

While I'd love to see Kozlov around again, it'd be purely for nostalgia's sake, and I'd probably wish we'd looked elsewhere at the end of it.

I do believe Holland will go after what we need: a big scorer, preferrably young. This type of player is in stark contrast to Kozlov, who is a set-up man and is small and on the old side.

Keep in mind that ANYONE with decent abilities could rack up a high point-total playing on a line with Kovalchuk and Hossa all year.

As with Shanahan, it's nice to think back to the old days: however, I think we learned this season that drawing from those olden days equals a giant step backwards. They're over and done with.

For those talking about how Kozlov "was so good with us in the past," keep in mind that the guy hasn't played in a Wings` jersey for over SIX YEARS. He wasn't even into his 30s at that point. It's been awhile and things have changed. Also, keep in mind that we have a limited number of roster spots; should we spend one on a mid-level guy who can't hit to save his life, and has terrible balance to boot?

Kozlov last scored a playoff goal in the 2001 playoffs. I don't think the term "clutch goal scorer" can necessarily be attributed to him anymore.

And you're advocating that we pick up the following:

1) Ryan Smyth, a roleplayer. He scores from in front of the net. We already have Holmstrom, who is Smyth's rival for title of best at this job. Do we really need Smyth, thus, as opposed to other guys who can score away from the net? No, we don't.

2) Scott Hartnell. Good for him if he can score 20 goals. So can Sammy. So did Willy. Not a big deal, when we can find so much better. You're also forgetting that he's a totally amoral, dirty goon on the ice. Who wants that sort of filth on the Wings? Before you bring up Bertuzzi in an attempt to discredit my argument, consider that Hartnell makes DELIBERATE attempts to injure others, and has consistently shown this behavior. It's part of his game. I call him scum.

Exactly what we need! Get some ******* balls on this team.

Guest LivingtheDream

You know, it'd be interesting...

When we got Hasek we lost Ozzie and Kozlov. Now we'd have Ozzie and Kozzie and well, Hasek needs a nickname that rhymes with Ozzie and Kozzie.

Interesting, indeed. I have alway lamented the loss of any player who can score a clutch playoff goal. Kozlov fit that bill, many a time!

"Hah"

Hazzie, Ozzie and Kozzie?

Haha Feds and Kozzie... who would have thought these boards would be pinning for them again. I love it :D

I wonder how he feels about Hasek, as he was the reason he was shipped off this team in the first place :lol:

We will have a nice Russian 4 out there.

Edited by OsGOD

With regards to the NHL.com article:

- it's hard to put any stock in a writer that notes that Kronwall was hurt in the first round against Calgary, and lists Kozlov as a center when in fact he is a natural LW.

that being said, he's a legitimate top 6 forward that has a history of clutch in the post-season. that being said, he's an inconsistent scorer.

edit to add:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Homer

Kozlov - Filpulla - Bertuzzi (healthy)

Franzen - Cleary - Grigorenko

Maltby - Draper - Samueslon

Kopecky / Hudler

looks pretty OK> Everyone's playing their natural position for a change (except Henrik)

Edited by rick zombo

I could see this happening possibly, however Kovalchuk and Kozlov have become close friends and the only other place I could see Slava going would be our team.

Another Russian everyone is overlooking that we could possibly get cheap is Samsonov. He is looking for a way out of Montreal and fast, I'm willing to bet he would play for the Yotes just to leave, so maybe we sign Kozlov and Samsonov cheap.

Please stop comparing Fedorov OR Kozlov to McCarty. Other than being ex-Wings they are completely not the same type of players...and McCarty doesn't even reach the edge of either of their talent... especially Fedorov. Getting Fedorov back is NOT like getting McCarty.

As far as Shanahan goes, he's already stated he wants to stay in NY.

I know its already been said, but I'd welcome Kozlov back especially for the price tag that he would more than likely come for. He'd probably want to go to a "potential" favorite going into the season as well due to the fact that he's not getting younger.