• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wallerstein

Hased voted the 4th best goaltender ever

Rate this topic

Why would Dom pass Sawchuck and why soon ?

Wow. I agree. Weird, so h should definitly pass him soon???

Really my friend and huge Dom man crusher had this conversation tonight. Is it even realistic to compare Anyone with Terry and the oldies? I mean hockey was completely differant sport back then. Considering the lack of pads goaltenders had and larger nets. Offense was not nearly as strong using "broom sticks" curvless slabs of wood. The fastest shot back then was maybe 60 mph. It is just to differant. To many variables. I think Doms spot is deserving but then again it is freaking rankopidia....

All I am saying is where the hell i Cam Ward..... :scared:

Guest ZDH

Where is Sam St. Laurent on this list? Vincent Riendeau? Glen Hanlon? Come on now! LOL

Rankopedia is the most reliable site when it comes to definitive rankings... :rolleyes:

nah, it's a fun site, i've wasted a bunch of time on there since it started. But I wouldn't use it to prove anything. Wikipedia is 100x greater of an encyclopedia than Rankopedia is as a polling station, and that's saying something.

Edited by Legionnaire11

Guest ZDH

Oh man :lol:

Is it me or did (does) the Red Wings have the largest revolving door for netminders?

Wonder if Rosie O'Donnel has any plans next fall if Hasek retires; just think - a beefy/mouthy/lesbian in goal for the Red Wings; sounds like the makings of a Disney flick :lol:

Oh GOD she's uglier than MO CHEESE! Bad visual! BAAAADDD VIISSUUUAAALL!!! Where's THE DONALD? LMAO

Rankopedia is the most reliable site when it comes to definitive rankings... :rolleyes:

nah, it's a fun site, i've wasted a bunch of time on there since it started. But I wouldn't use it to prove anything. Wikipedia is 100x greater of an encyclopedia than Rankopedia is as a polling station, and that's saying something.

Agreed. I too wasted some time on the site, until I realized that you can vote one the same poll every day and that some people had 20+ votes on the same poll...... <_< It would be a really cool site otherwise.....

personally I think it's a popularity contest.. there's a lot of goalies who are good but don't belong in a top 25 list of ALL goalies EVER.

Really I think with any athlete you have to break it down into time period to a certain extend, like for example Gump Worsley wouldn't cut it in today's NHL as a starting goalie, period. He probably doesn't fit into a top 25 list of all-time goalies. Maybe pre-1960, but not all-time.

Bill Ranford, Hextall, Vanbeisbrook, Moog, were all decent goalies of they're time but... they end up on goal highlights, not save highlights.

Vernon, Osgood are on there basicly because they were Wings. Us wings fans are a forced to be reckoned with, don't stir us up. It's the truth though.

Kiprusoff and Luongo are great right now, who wouldn't take them. But what have they proved? They've not stood the test of time.

There's even a few names on there I don't immediately recognize... what the hell, who is that guy?

Richter and Fuhr are a couple guys that get no respect and it's nice to see them up there. Cujo I'm not sure whether he belongs there or not but, he also gets no respect and it's nice to see him get some.

Hall, Dryden, Parent, Esposito, Plante.. I could make the same argument against them that I could Ranford and company, but these guys were a good generation of goalie, that balied teams out. A few of them even beat the big red monster in a game or two. Speaking of the big red monster, where's Tretiak? You're gonna tell me Ron Hextall and Andy Moog are better goalies than Tretiak?

personally I think it's a popularity contest.. there's a lot of goalies who are good but don't belong in a top 25 list of ALL goalies EVER.

Really I think with any athlete you have to break it down into time period to a certain extend, like for example Gump Worsley wouldn't cut it in today's NHL as a starting goalie, period. He probably doesn't fit into a top 25 list of all-time goalies. Maybe pre-1960, but not all-time.

Bill Ranford, Hextall, Vanbeisbrook, Moog, were all decent goalies of they're time but... they end up on goal highlights, not save highlights.

Vernon, Osgood are on there basicly because they were Wings. Us wings fans are a forced to be reckoned with, don't stir us up. It's the truth though.

Kiprusoff and Luongo are great right now, who wouldn't take them. But what have they proved? They've not stood the test of time.

There's even a few names on there I don't immediately recognize... what the hell, who is that guy?

Richter and Fuhr are a couple guys that get no respect and it's nice to see them up there. Cujo I'm not sure whether he belongs there or not but, he also gets no respect and it's nice to see him get some.

Hall, Dryden, Parent, Esposito, Plante.. I could make the same argument against them that I could Ranford and company, but these guys were a good generation of goalie, that balied teams out. A few of them even beat the big red monster in a game or two. Speaking of the big red monster, where's Tretiak? You're gonna tell me Ron Hextall and Andy Moog are better goalies than Tretiak?

[/font]

Mike Richter was a good goalie, but if you think he is deserving of being a top 25 all-time tender but you don't think Vernon, Osgood, Hall, Dryden, Parent, Esposito, or Plante deserve consideration?

All of those goalies have had better careers than Richter. Both in terms of statistics and accomplishments. Fuhr is arguable--he certainly has numbers and Cups. But he played his prime on what might have been the most stacked team ever, and in the era when the NHL's talent was thinnest--the European and American talent pools were yet to emerge and there were more than 20 teams. I personally consider Fuhr to be in the group with guys like Ozzie, Richter, Barrasso, etc. because he wouldn't have had nearly the accomplishments he did had he played on any other team.

Wow. I agree. Weird, so h should definitly pass him soon???

Really my friend and huge Dom man crusher had this conversation tonight. Is it even realistic to compare Anyone with Terry and the oldies? I mean hockey was completely differant sport back then. Considering the lack of pads goaltenders had and larger nets. Offense was not nearly as strong using "broom sticks" curvless slabs of wood. The fastest shot back then was maybe 60 mph. It is just to differant. To many variables. I think Doms spot is deserving but then again it is freaking rankopidia....

All I am saying is where the hell i Cam Ward..... :scared:

That was exactly my point said above. Sadly I was ignored... :(:lol:

*sigh* Subjective lists such as this are all about one thing, and one thing only: to garner attention by setting off a controversy storm.

It's completely like the Rolling Stone poll that placed Eddie Van Halen at #97 on the list of Top 100 Guitarists of All Time: think they did that because they disrespected EVH's skills or his impact on guitar players everywhere?

Nope, you guessed it. They did it because they knew it would start a s***estorm and pull in the hits on the site. Adbertisers*** LOVE this stuff.

Yeah, Cam Ward, I could be happy with him over Dom too.

***AdBERTisers?!! My Freudian slip is showing. Go BERT! I may not want to give you millions of dollars, but I do like you in a Winged Wheel.

Edited by RedRockit

[/font]

Mike Richter was a good goalie, but if you think he is deserving of being a top 25 all-time tender but you don't think Vernon, Osgood, Hall, Dryden, Parent, Esposito, or Plante deserve consideration?

All of those goalies have had better careers than Richter. Both in terms of statistics and accomplishments. Fuhr is arguable--he certainly has numbers and Cups. But he played his prime on what might have been the most stacked team ever, and in the era when the NHL's talent was thinnest--the European and American talent pools were yet to emerge and there were more than 20 teams. I personally consider Fuhr to be in the group with guys like Ozzie, Richter, Barrasso, etc. because he wouldn't have had nearly the accomplishments he did had he played on any other team.

well I don't think I clarified myself well enough on that..

Dryden, Esposito and Hall definitely would get considered from where I'm sitting, but they all would (include Plante and Parent in that) because it was, like I said, a good generation of goalies. But what I meant by my opening statement is that it would be easy for someone to take those goalies of that time and put them to the same downfall as some of the screen doors that played in the 80's like hextall and Moog.

And I didn't say Richter would make my list, I simply said it was nice to see him get some props from someone.