• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingNut199

Game 2: Sens vs. Ducks

Rate this topic

I know this his happened to everyone, but right as Heatley touched the puck I said out loud "Oh great, Spezza is out there, the Ducks are gonna score" And not 3 seconds after I finished the sentence Pahlsson scored. I'm not saying a damn word next game :(

Well I'd like to think that the Wings really prepared the Ducks for this series here. It's clear the Ducks are making all the right plays and getting all the bounces. Even when they don't get the puck out on a clearing attempt the puck bounces their way and it ends up getting out eventually without too much problem.

I'd like to think the Wings mentally and physically prepared the ducks to win the cup...but it pisses me off lol.

I think he over does it just a tad, but I feel bad for the guy. I remember in '03 when he was SO close to winning the Cup, and they lost by a goal or two. He was balling his eyes out. I felt so awful for him because he really deserved to win. The dude made me cry! Especially since he said his Mom was really ill at the time and in the hospital and all she wanted was for him to win it all. Talk about heartbreaking. There are two players on the Ducks I don't mind winning the Cup: Giguere, and Selanne.

But still..

GO SENS.

I don't feel sorry for Giguere in the slightest. Can you imagine Dom or any Wing crying over losing? I can't. Not a reason for Giggy to act like he's won already, but I have come to expect poor sportsmanship from Anaheim, so I guess I am not really surprised.

Selanne, I love the guy and couldn't be happier for him. But Pronger. No. Can't stand the thought of him touching the Cup. Maybe Cheli can go steal it, since he lives in Malibu in the summer. :cool:

I think he over does it just a tad, but I feel bad for the guy. I remember in '03 when he was SO close to winning the Cup, and they lost by a goal or two. He was balling his eyes out. I felt so awful for him because he really deserved to win. The dude made me cry! Especially since he said his Mom was really ill at the time and in the hospital and all she wanted was for him to win it all. Talk about heartbreaking. There are two players on the Ducks I don't mind winning the Cup: Giguere, and Selanne.

But still..

GO SENS.

I'm with you about Giggy, HC. Also, there's this stuff he's dealing with with his newborn son during the playoffs this year.

I don't feel sorry for Giguere in the slightest. Can you imagine Dom or any Wing crying over losing? I can't. Not a reason for Giggy to act like he's won already, but I have come to expect poor sportsmanship from Anaheim, so I guess I am not really surprised.

Selanne, I love the guy and couldn't be happier for him. But Pronger. No. Can't stand the thought of him touching the Cup. Maybe Cheli can go steal it, since he lives in Malibu in the summer. :cool:

Ozzie cried over losing. :(

He was just little Chris back then. At the age of 21.

I'm with you about Giggy, HC. Also, there's this stuff he's dealing with with his newborn son during the playoffs this year.

Ahh that is what I forgot to add. That's awful about his son, but i'm glad someone feels the same I do.

I actually like Giggy a lot. I don't think he's the greatest, but he's damn good and capable of stealing games..and he's just a real likeable guy. It's the rest of his team I can't stand. lol

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Guest ZDH

Ahh that is what I forgot to add. Glad someone feels the same I do.

I actually like Giggy a lot. I don't think he's the greatest, but he's damn good and capable of stealing games..and he's just a real likeable guy. It's the rest of his team I can't stand. lol

Jamie Baker scores game winner. Sharks series in '94. I never did get over that. At least Ozzie had the guts to face the music after that game.

Boy did the Sens look like crap tonight, I wonder if they have ANYTHING left in the tank? They just could not skate with the Ducks tonight I hope its rust due to the long rest because if it isn't I don't think Ottawa has a chance.

One of my most vivid memories from the 1995 Finals, and keep in mind that I was only 8 or 9 at the time and may be making this up, is Sergei kneeling on the ice with his head in his hands. I just kind of always assumed he was crying.

Like I've said before, if those 2 hack-of-a-defenseman D-men whose names I don't like to say disappear before the last game, I'd have no problem with Anaheim lifting it. Especially since I love Teemu.

well, yeah... Ozzie's ours though, and he was a rookie. Paddy is not a rookie and makes many millions of dollars to play hockey, even if it only has to make a dozen saves to win. Gretzky cried at the Olympics when the Czechs shut out Canada, too, now that I think about it. So, I suppose it's fine. Just not a reason to give Giggy the Cup.

I guess I just don't think personal issues off the ice indicate who ought to win the Cup. If that's the case, then the Sens should be up 2-0 and not the Yucks. Elgin deserves better than this. But I am sure the Sens will feel terrible and cry over it, so... they deserve to win!

I am confused.

Guest Shoreline

I didn't see the first game, but I thought to myself.. particularly after watching Game 2.. "was this all the Finals has to offer"? Reminds me of the boregasm which was New Jersey / Anaheim in 2003. Chances are I won't be watching another game this series. :(

Edited by Shoreline

well, yeah... Ozzie's ours though, and he was a rookie. Paddy is not a rookie and makes many millions of dollars to play hockey, even if it only has to make a dozen saves to win. Gretzky cried at the Olympics when the Czechs shut out Canada, too, now that I think about it. So, I suppose it's fine. Just not a reason to give Giggy the Cup.

I guess I just don't think personal issues off the ice indicate who ought to win the Cup. If that's the case, then the Sens should be up 2-0 and not the Yucks. Elgin deserves better than this. But I am sure the Sens will feel terrible and cry over it, so... they deserve to win!

I am confused.

No no. I'm not saying he should of won or should win because of personal issues he has going on in his life. I said in '03 he deserved to win because of how fantastic he was playing. He cried because he wanted to win so badly, was so close, and didn't. I'm just saying the whole situation with his Mom made it more heartbreaking.

Crying after losing the one thing you have dreamed of since you were 3 years old shows poor sportsmanship? You act like he bashed the entire NJ franchise, threw a temper tantrum on the ice and didn't shake hands with the players. That was one of the saddest nights for me, and I remember it well. I didn't know that being human was a sin. My gosh, people want so much from others, but he's freaking HUMAN! He wanted to win it for his very ill mother. She has alzheimers and he wanted to win it while she could still know what he was talking about.

Now he has to deal with everything with his son. He put his hands up in the air. I didn't know that was acting like he won the cup or poor sportsmanship.

I didn't see the first game, but I thought to myself.. particularly after watching Game 2.. "was this all the Finals has to offer"? Reminds me of the boregasm which was New Jersey / Anaheim in 2003. Chances are I won't be watching another game this series. :(

you're not alone. I wonder what channel will carry NHL hockey next season, with less than 1/2 million viewers in the US? Versus is bad, but it's all we have, those of us who care to fork out the cash for digital cable so we can get it.

This is silly, if a player who scores a goal to win a game can jump around and celebrate...why cant a goalie do the same?

If a baseball player hits a walk off homerun in the World Series, should he just trot around the bases like its not that big a deal simply because its game 1, 2, or 3?

Crying after losing the one thing you have dreamed of since you were 3 years old shows poor sportsmanship? You act like he bashed the entire NJ franchise, threw a temper tantrum on the ice and didn't shake hands with the players. That was one of the saddest nights for me, and I remember it well. I didn't know that being human was a sin. My gosh, people want so much from others, but he's freaking HUMAN! He wanted to win it for his very ill mother. She has alzheimers and he wanted to win it while she could still know what he was talking about.

Now he has to deal with everything with his son. He put his hands up in the air. I didn't know that was acting like he won the cup or poor sportsmanship.

I am willing to bet every guy on each side wants to win it for an ailing parent, a sick kid, or someone in their lives. I don't blame Giggy for the fact that the Sens handed him a shut out tonight. Good for him. He didn't have to do anything to win, and Emery nearly broke his neck -- for nothing. Not the Ducks' fault the Sens didn't step up.

All the players are human. Who wants to see premature celebrations, when the series is not over by any means, it's just bad taste. But I've seen worse!! The poor sportsmanship I have in mind isn't Giggy, by the way. It's Pronger.

I am willing to bet every guy on each side wants to win it for an ailing parent, a sick kid, or someone in their lives. I don't blame Giggy for the fact that the Sens handed him a shut out tonight. Good for him. He didn't have to do anything to win, and Emery nearly broke his neck -- for nothing. Not the Ducks' fault the Sens didn't step up.

All the players are human. Who wants to see premature celebrations, when the series is not over by any means, it's just bad taste. But I've seen worse!! The poor sportsmanship I have in mind isn't Giggy, by the way. It's Pronger.

I don't think it's premature celebration. It's excitement that we're leading in a Cup series. FYI, the Ducks have never lead in an SCF series before ;) and it's exciting. Some goalies are emotional, but all he's doing is pumping his arms up in the air. Thats what he does after Regular Season games.

I thought you were saying that Jiggy was being unsportsmanlike, and I was wondering how that was possible.

only 2 wins away.. FUN RANDOM FACT: only three teams in NHL history have come back from a 2-0 game deficit in the finals to win the Stanley Cup. :clap:

o and congratz to giguere on his first Playoff Shutout this year

Edited by lou

Guest Shoreline

you're not alone. I wonder what channel will carry NHL hockey next season, with less than 1/2 million viewers in the US? Versus is bad, but it's all we have, those of us who care to fork out the cash for digital cable so we can get it.

Apparently Center Ice will be offering a webcast version exclusively for watching games online, which I may try out. I grow tired of TV.

http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/centerice_online.html

They did it for this season (did anyone subscribe to this? I'd love to hear feedback) .. question is will they do it for the next season? Would be great to view it at friends house if I go there or something.

I don't think it's premature celebration. It's excitement that we're leading in a Cup series. FYI, the Ducks have never lead in an SCF series before ;) and it's exciting. Some goalies are emotional, but all he's doing is pumping his arms up in the air. Thats what he does after Regular Season games.

I thought you were saying that Jiggy was being unsportsmanlike, and I was wondering how that was possible.

nah, D... I am much less impressed with Giguere than the rest of the world is, but he's OK. It's Pronger I despise, and I am sorry it spoils my opinion of your club that he is there, as does the association of Brian Burke, whom I also detest. Giggy is a little tooooo excited considering he wasn't exactly the reason they won. :lol:

I know the Ducks haven't made it this far before. I think the Sens are displaying what pretty much everyone who watches hockey knew: the West is incredibly tough conference. Hence the Wings -- injured and depleted as they were -- took the series farther than they should have, really. Gave 'em a run for the money, as it were.

The East is weak, hence Ottawa doesn't know what to do with the Ducks. Regrettably, having to face the Wings taught the Ducks how to win. They look very much like they did versus the Wings (minus Pronger trying to kill someone, I mean). Ottawa can't compete. I will be interested to see if the Sens play better in front of their own crowd.