• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KronwallCRUNCH

Anaheim national anthems

Rate this topic

The chick that sang the American natl' anthem in game 2 wasn't bad, but the other 3 were absolutely horrendus...Stills sounded like crap, whoever the canadian jazz singer was sounded like garbage...you'd think in SoCal, they'd be able to find someone better than these old washups to sing the anthems..yikes.

LMAO the Warrior Princess? She might have another pop out expierence or something. lkjgs

Hell yeah, personally i thought it was an over the top performance!

The chick that sang the American natl' anthem in game 2 wasn't bad, but the other 3 were absolutely horrendus...Stills sounded like crap, whoever the canadian jazz singer was sounded like garbage...you'd think in SoCal, they'd be able to find someone better than these old washups to sing the anthems..yikes.

haha a guy on another forum I am on was saying the same thing.

Jill Burke used to sing it all the time during the playoffs and she was great. IDK where she went. We used to have a girl (who was my classmate) named Joelle James who would sing. But now she's too good for those kind of things :rolleyes: The game has too many innings for her... :rolleyes:

I agree, they were bad. IDK where our good singers went! :crazy:

Edited by Duckette

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

oh canada ughhh impala ughh chorme we stand on guard for thee yeh westsyde ughh F*** UGhhh canada mary J ughh

O see can you ughh westsyde ughhh n**** ughh long beach ugh represtin ugh that star spankled ugh banner

lol

Guest LivingtheDream

And Karen Newman isn't our own version of a washed up silicon laden lounge singer belting out the Anthenm like she a semi finalist on American Idol?

The classiest and best singers for Detroit where those two little kid sisters back about 15 years ago. Remember them anyone? They sang in harmony during some parts of the songs and their Canadian Anthem (a great anthem by the way) was the best!

And Karen Newman isn't our own version of a washed up silicon laden lounge singer belting out the Anthenm like she a semi finalist on American Idol?

The classiest and best singers for Detroit where those two little kid sisters back about 15 years ago. Remember them anyone? They sang in harmony during some parts of the songs and their Canadian Anthem (a great anthem by the way) was the best!

I think you're refering to Igor Larinov's daughters.

Isn't Stephen Stills from Canada? I blame Canada. :)

Isn't Stephen Stills from Canada? I blame Canada. :)

I'm surprised the Ducks don't have them sing the Mexican national anthem in addition to Canada's and the US's national anthem. Pretty soon we'll probably have a North American anthem. I wonder what they'd name the song.....

I think you're refering to Igor Larinov's daughters.

No, that wasn't 15 years ago... those girls would have been like 3 and 1.

There were two sisters from Oregon or Washington, somewhere out west, that were flown in to sing the anthem for playoff games in the late 80s. They were the same age as my brother and I, so they'd be like 31 and 29 now. They were cute, too... can't remember their name...

Bettman needs to start thinking BIG-- it's the SCFs, for heaven's sake. (try running an ad just ONCE, woudja ever? but I digress).

Think BIG. You had Snoop at the game, and prominently featured pre- and mid-game. Get HIM to sing the anthem, and it'd be on MTV/VH1 news tomorrow morning (I know, I know-- I'd hate it too, but it might make a few people tune in to next game our of curiosity and stay because hockey is simply THe Game). Failing Snoop, get Gwen Stefani, the Original Child of the OC. or any number of wonderful post-punk bands from OC. NOT Stills, whose voice hasn't changed since the 60s-- those 60s when his politik certainly wouldn't have allowed him to sing the Anthem for something so korporaten as a pro hockey game. *spits leftover idealogical goo^

Ottawa, get Avril Lavigne to sing the Anthem-- she has a truly gorgeous voice when she chooses, and if IIRC, she's been there done that as a kid. And if MTV could allow her to butcher Metallica's "Fuel" on Icon, then *shrug* let the Princess of PunkNot have a go at O Canada.

LIVEN IT UP, NHL. Not for nothing is the SuperBowl popular even when most of the country could care less about the teams playing. It's all about who's performing at halftime... *hint* and it innit Don Cherry.

Bettman needs to start thinking BIG-- it's the SCFs, for heaven's sake. (try running an ad just ONCE, woudja ever? but I digress).

Think BIG. You had Snoop at the game, and prominently featured pre- and mid-game. Get HIM to sing the anthem, and it'd be on MTV/VH1 news tomorrow morning (I know, I know-- I'd hate it too, but it might make a few people tune in to next game our of curiosity and stay because hockey is simply THe Game). Failing Snoop, get Gwen Stefani, the Original Child of the OC. or any number of wonderful post-punk bands from OC. NOT Stills, whose voice hasn't changed since the 60s-- those 60s when his politik certainly wouldn't have allowed him to sing the Anthem for something so korporaten as a pro hockey game. *spits leftover idealogical goo^

Ottawa, get Avril Lavigne to sing the Anthem-- she has a truly gorgeous voice when she chooses, and if IIRC, she's been there done that as a kid. And if MTV could allow her to butcher Metallica's "Fuel" on Icon, then *shrug* let the Princess of PunkNot have a go at O Canada.

LIVEN IT UP, NHL. Not for nothing is the SuperBowl popular even when most of the country could care less about the teams playing. It's all about who's performing at halftime... *hint* and it innit Don Cherry.

Impeach Bettman! REDROCKIT FOR COMMISH!!! :clap:

The problem is, they're very leniant about letting people sing the National Anthem. All I had to do was send them a video and they never wanted to actually see me or anything, they just let me sing (although, I never did do it, too much trouble) I don't think they'd ever bring in the aforementioned singers, due to the fact that it's hockey. Maybe Avril, but no one else. And Snoop isn't a Ducks fan. He just said that these were his first games and he only came to them because his son wanted to come....then afterwards he went and got high in the parking lot. So, don't count on him going too far out of his way.

Guest DetroitIan

Haha yeah that one older guy they had out there singing was really really bad. I couldn't help but crack up. I almost thought it was a joke or something. That dude needs to stick to his genre. Cause his voice was clearly not set for the anthem.

Beyotch!

O Canada, know what I'm sayin'!

Our hizzle n' native land n' s***!

True patriot love in all yo' ass command.

Please, just say no to Snoop ever performing O Canada. Beyotch!

Edited by NKYWingsFan