• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
canadienhater

what free agents should the wings go after

Rate this topic

Guest ZDH

it is may 30th just over a month from UFA there are rumors of this guy and that guy my question is do we need to tweek this team and resign our UFAS like scneids markov or overhaul

Tweak for sure. The important core players are already in place with guys such as Z, Dats and Nick. Then we have the support guys in Drapes, Cleary, Franzen, Malts, Homer and Chelly. Plus the young guys like Flip, Hudler, Kronwall and Lebda. We NEED Schneider back. Would be a bonus to get Markov back but not essential. We need Dom back of course. Bert would be a bonus. We have a very strong team here and are in much better shape than almost any team in the league except for maybe the Ducks or Sens.

Edited by ZDH

Guest Shoreline

it is may 30th just over a month from UFA there are rumors of this guy and that guy my question is do we need to tweek this team and resign our UFAS like scneids markov or overhaul

Do you have a UFA list? Of the few that I know of that are slated for UFA, the best one I think the Wings should go after is Sheldon Souray. This could be quite a viable backup to Schneider and Markov if for some reason the Wings can't re-sign either.

Guest ZDH

Do you have a UFA list? Of the few that I know of that are slated for UFA, the best one I think the Wings should go after is Sheldon Souray. This could be quite a viable backup to Schneider and Markov if for some reason the Wings can't re-sign either.

http://www.geocities.com/floridapanthers2000/free2007.html

This seems to be the new bible of UFA's Lists for most hockey fans. Hope this helps.

Schneider for sure; wouldn't mind Markov, but then again guys like Lilja has stepped it up a notch, & Quincey didn't look outta place...If there's any UFA Dman that I'd like to see on the Wings that probably wouldn't cost too much would be Vitaly Vishnevski.

Bertuzzi would be nice if he's not gonna cost us too much; def needs time to let his back heal 100% & to get back into shape...I know many here dislike Hartnall, but this kid would be a great addition IMHO.

i do hate hartnell just like i hated chelios to i hated ciccireli before that my point is we would love him on our team

For some reason or another Hartnell kinda reminds me of a taller version of Darcy Tucker; someone who annoys ya/plays borderline dirty yet has decent all around abilities...The kind of guy you would like on your team, but the opposition just cannot stand.

remember vlady he was such a goon also i think we should look into if things don t work out brad staurt

Guest ZDH

remember vlady he was such a goon also i think we should look into if things don t work out brad staurt

I could see the Wings having an interest in Stuart if they can't keep Schneider. Stuart will cost more though likely. He is young, skilled and can hit. He looked terrible against us in the Calgary series though.

Guest bullocks

Re-sign Schneider, Markov, Bert, Dom, and Chellios.

If we can't get Markov or Schneider back make an offer to Corey Sarich. Try to get hartnell. I don't think we'll be able to afford much more.

Souray's a bum, and will definitely be over-paid.

Guest ZDH

Yeah re-sign Schneider and Bert. If we lose Markov then Quincey makes the team. Hasek and Chelios of course need to be back as well. I agree. After these guys are signed then we can see how much Cap space we have left. I like the idea of clearing some space by dealing Lilja to make room for Stuart though. But I also know that we only have so much Cap space.

Sign Hasek, Markov, Chelly, Bert and sign Hartnell. Let Schneider go.

Trade Rob Blake at the trade-deadline to strengthen the power-play (cause the Kings are quite sure out of playoffs).

Playoff roster:

Holmström - Datsjuk - Bertuzzi

Hartnell - Zetterberg - Samuelsson

Franzen - Filppula - Cleary

Maltby - Draper - Kopecky

(Hudler, Grigorenko)

Lidström - Markov

Kronwall - Blake

Lebda - Chelios

(Quincey, Lilja)

Hasek

Osgood

Edited by Henkka

Rob Blake is washed up and costs too much money man... no good..

I didn't know the trading rules have been changed. If we can get Blake just for pure money at the trade deadline, I'd say do it. ;)

Blake is coming UFA after next season, so he could be cheap to get at the deadline. Just like Bert and Calder was.

Edited by Henkka

Guest bullocks

Just scanning down that list from the top, I'd look at Hartnell, Rafalski, Poti, Smyth, Preissing and Guerin.

But really, we need to sign Bertuzzi and Schneider before we go shopping around.

we won't be able to sign any of those players u just mentioned, except hartnell and preissing.

but preissing isn't the kind of defensemen we need, unless we lose schneider. we need a corey sarich type. in ur face, physical D.

NHL numbers

In depth lists of all active roster players salaries and contract status