• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hckypete96

Players who have not yet been mentioned but would look darn good in th

Rate this topic

I wasn't aware that I'm retarded but anyways, what would YOU change about these lines then? I'm curious...

Grigorenko Datsyuk Bertuzzi

Holmstrom Zetterberg Samuelsson

Cleary Filppula Franzen

Maltby Draper Kopecky

Grigs hasn't even played a game in the AHL or the NHL....and you have him on your top line??? That's the problem. How about give someone who has proven they can put the puck in the net at the NHL level with little minutes... Hudler.

Hudler Datsyuk Bert

Holmer Z Cleary

Grigs Flip Franzen

Maltby Draper Kopecky

Those are the lines I would use.

Edited by hckypete96

I was just getting some of you guys to think about what you post on here. It seem's to me if the player isn't North American then he's a pansy, or has no grit, just thought I would turn it around for a change!!

One player who didn't get picked up last year who would have done a good job for us come the playoff's is a Euro so I didn't bother to say anything. But the guy I would have had here was Vaclav Varada, but I would have been shot down by the softeuro brigade. Well I suppose the Euro players will just have to carry the team into the playoffs as usual with their superior skills, then hopefully we'll trade for some good old N/A Grit to win us the cup again!

Edited by Andy Pred 48

all depending on who the wings bring back, but id like to see hartnell and pyatt and then preissing and sarich, those are my top realistic free agent signings, and then of course backstrom (probably not possible though) if hasek retires

Let Markov go? :thumbdown:

Raffi Torres? :puke:

how about these lines

zetteberg/dats/homer

samuleson/gomez/bert

kopecky/flip/franzen

cleary/draper/malts

i think the key is whether to get a center or move z to the second line and pick up a winger

ahhh i was not aware of the grigs contract. thanks! So I guess he really will be the 13th forward, for a little while at least. These guys posting here and putting him on our top line are retarded.... he hasn't even played an AHL game led alone an NHL game.... we have no idea how good he will be.

p.s. I'd sign markov for 2million but there's no way he will take that pay cut when he had a good season last year

what about brad staurt he was viewed as a top defenseman a few years ago

great post... i'll take an oatmeal raisin one hot from the oven.

the only thing i have to say is NO EDDIE BELFOUR... the guy's a train wreck.

belfour has had to many stays at the motel 666

seriously tho, all those guys are babies...they put up numbers in the regular season, most of them are under-sized figure skaters that disappear in the playoffs. the ones that were in the playoffs this season they were all gone first round and did nothing but hide on the bench because their scared of getting body blasted.

we need to build our team up so we can beat teams like san jose and anaheim again next year. not sign fairies that where dresses.

we beat san jose moron

Hartnell and Torres and both tough, i don't know what your talking about. Especially Torres can throw his body around nice. :siren:

put malts and torres on a line together with draper they would drive the other team insane

Some of those guys, like Carter or Nagy, I wouldn't even consider signing.

I keep trying to tell everyone that Hartnell is the way to go here. The guy can come somewhat cheap, maybe around 2 million, and he's the perfect kind of player the Wings need. He has the potential to put up 30 goals, and at the same time, plays a gritty game, and even drops the gloves. Regardless of his past, like with Fischer and what not, I'd still welcome him here. He's exactly what the Wings need.

i remeber this high first round draft pick who flopped in chicago named dan cleary who signed with the wings how did that work out i trust holland

Grigs hasn't even played a game in the AHL or the NHL....and you have him on your top line??? That's the problem. How about give someone who has proven they can put the puck in the net at the NHL level with little minutes... Hudler.

Hudler Datsyuk Bert

Holmer Z Cleary

Grigs Flip Franzen

Maltby Draper Kopecky

Those are the lines I would use.

LIKE I SAID, Grigorenko is not necessarily "on the top line", but he's going to be used as a SCORING WINGER. If you want to you can look at the lines like this for all I care:

Holmstrom Zetterberg Samuelsson

Grigorenko Datsyuk Bertuzzi

Cleary Filppula Franzen

Maltby Draper Kopecky

he won't be getting #1 PP time and he won't see ANY time on the PK, Zetterberg can also takes shifts on Datsyuk's wing... he is not getting big minutes but when he is used it will be to score goals.. the reason I like him over Hudler on Datsyuk's wing is because of his size, style of play, and it can't hurt they are both Russian... I don't see where Hudler is going to fit into this line up for 07-08, unless we make some sort of trade.

BTW Samuelsson is signed for the 07-08 season, he just had a pretty good post season, where does he fit in your line up? or did Holland trade him for a couple of 1st rounders? :looney:

i remeber this high first round draft pick who flopped in chicago named dan cleary who signed with the wings how did that work out i trust holland

That's a joke, right? You're going to compare Cleary to Nagy or Carter?

First off, Cleary signed here for dirt cheap. We basically got him for next-to-nothing. Both Carter and Nagy, despite having bad seasons, will command a lot of money because their both greedy people. Even if we put money aside they both have their set up problems.

Nagy has always been an injury prone player. He stayed healthy this season, but was still bad. His career high was 24 goals, which isn't bad, but the Wings have enough players who can do that. For God sakes, if Samulesson can score 20 goals, then what's the point of having Nagy? We already have Samulesson, who basically is our Nagy, so there is no need for him. Besides that, Nagy is lazy and unmotivated. He had a hard time playing on one of the top two lines on Phoenix for crying out loud. It's enough to stay away from him.

Carter is a joke. An absolute joke. This guy makes Jaromir Jagr look like a nice guy. Haven't you noticed that every team Carter goes to misses the playoffs? Have you also noticed that, in the last 4 years, Carter has played for 6 different teams? In 2003-2004 alone he played for 3 different eams. Why do you think that is? Because he's a locker room cancer. He can't get along with the people he plays with, and only causes problems. Not to mention his greed to be payed top dollar. Do you still want him now?

I think I've said all that needs to be said. Comparing Cleary to those two is an awful comparison. Cleary was never a cancer either, he just had a hard time living up to his potential. He's grown up a lot over the past few years, and is one of the hardest working players in the league. He shows heart, isn't greedy, and is an all around good player. Taking a chance on someonel like Carter would not nearly produce the same results. Enough said.

Some of those guys, like Carter or Nagy, I wouldn't even consider signing.

I keep trying to tell everyone that Hartnell is the way to go here. The guy can come somewhat cheap, maybe around 2 million, and he's the perfect kind of player the Wings need. He has the potential to put up 30 goals, and at the same time, plays a gritty game, and even drops the gloves. Regardless of his past, like with Fischer and what not, I'd still welcome him here. He's exactly what the Wings need.

KP, maybe it's because yer just relentless on this subject, but you're swinging me around to your way of thinking Much of it has to do with watching the SCFs. OUCH. I never thought the Sens would get spanked this bad.

We need bigger and power next season. I just don't know that we can afford the kind of polished performers that would fit in with the team as it stands...?

Guest Crymson

3) Marty Lapointe: I heard rumors that we tried to get him at the deadline, would be a solid addition to our team, even though he would be a bit pricey.

Lapointe sucks. Check the stats.

I truly believe that Dom will retire, and it does pain me to say that. Anyhow if he does retire, I think trading for Fernandez is a must. Wild would just be trying to get rid of cap space, so I think a prospect and a 2nd rounder would do the trick. He would be perfect because his conrtact is up in 2 years, and we could have him start next year w/ Ozzy backing him up, then have him start in 08-09 with Howard backing him up, then have Howard start in 09-10.

Cap hit: 4.5 Million

There is a reason that Manny Fernandez found himself the backup by the end of the season: he is just not that good. He struggled to overtake Roloson for the starting job for years, and in his first year as undisputed starter he was displaced by a rookie. Never mind that that rookie is good. Fernandez is, at best, Ozzie's equal. Why should we spend prospects and players to acquire he and his gargantuan salary?

Trade for Raffi Torres... perhaps Erikson and a pick...I think we lose him to waivers if we don't bring him up this year, but I'm not positive. someone can correct me on that.

Ohter option, sign Anson Carter (god i'm going to get yelled at for this one) at 1.5 million.

Cap hit: 3.5 million

Again with the trades: the acquisition of these players would be no better than a minor tweak. Why should we spend picks, prospects and players for that?

Anyway, good post overall, in that you know your stuff and factually supported your opinions.

I will now go back to NHL 2K7, in which I have control over my team. FYI, my second line is Heatley - Crosby - Jagr. Make it happen, Kenny.

Edited by Crymson

Guest bullocks

dang i forgot about one guy who i like a lot and would be a great 2nd line center... handzus..

i like handzus too, big body with nice skill. he was off to a nice start with chicago last yr b4 he got injured.

Guest Crymson

As for the dude that thinks that Grigorenko is playing this year, I think not. He will most likely play in grand rapids or be the 13th/14th forward, because the wings are far too deep.

Grigorenko has an out-clause in his contract: if we send him down to AHL for games numbering more than a set number in his contract, he has the option to end his contract and go to play in Russia.

He WILL play, or he won't be in Detroit next year.