• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

Chris Chelios

Rate this topic

:clap: This guy has been awesome for us ... i was just wondering how come he can play so long and still be able to play at a high level ... has he ever been threw a big injury ??? Does he train a different way then the rest of the players ... anyone has any ideas ... thx...

Guest ZDH

:clap: This guy has been awesome for us ... i was just wondering how come he can play so long and still be able to play at a high level ... has he ever been threw a big injury ??? Does he train a different way then the rest of the players ... anyone has any ideas ... thx...

Lets face it. Chelios is a genetic freak. That being said, he has always taken great shape of his body. Even as a young player I recall hearig how he would go to California in the summer and work out like a maniac. He rides a bike in the sauna for Christ sakes! I tried that a few months ago just to see what it's like and I could only do 10 minutes. And I consider myself to be in very good shape as I exercise about 5 times a week. My nostrils burned so bad I thought they were on fire and I couldn't breathe too well. He must be in AMAZING shape to be able to do that.

It's really too bad that we don't know when he'll hang up the skates because as much as I admire Lidstrom , Chelios SHOULD be wearing the C for this team. Especially after winning the Mark Messier(Should-be-named-the Steve Yzerman ) Award.

His offseason training is how he's able to do what he's doing. He trains harder than probably any NHL'er after his season concludes, and some of the techniques he uses when he's out West are a secret between him and his trainer. God only knows what they are, but he promised to reveal them *after* he retires.

yea i will give it up to him he has been playing very good and very good shape i hope he stays for a very long time.

i would love to see him play til his oldest son Dean comes to the NHL i would love to see Dean play for the red wings

that would make my day i heard he is a very good player

I see where you're coming from, & agree to a certain extent...Then again isn't Cheli the guy whom swore to the media that "he'd never play for that f-ing team" - meaning Detroit while he played for the Blackhawks :rolleyes:

I do agree that it should be the "Yzerman Award" since Messier "whored" himself to Vancouver (more $$$ than what the NYR were willing to pay), takes away the "C" from Linden (though Linden claims he offered it to Messier), and doesn't do squat for the Canucks...Then takes his worn-out schtick back to Broadway, etc etc etc...If there's an "A$$HOLE AWARD" then I'd nominate Messier !

It's nice to see someone views Messier the same way I do. :lol:

as for Chelios' comments about playing with the Wings, yeah I do vaugley remember that, I based the C thing on his competitive fire, which he obviously still has truck loads of.

It's really too bad that we don't know when he'll hang up the skates because as much as I admire Lidstrom , Chelios SHOULD be wearing the C for this team. Especially after winning the Mark Messier(Should-be-named-the Steve Yzerman ) Award.

If I were the coach, Chelios would be my captain and Hank next.

Yes Cheli has had his knees replaced or just repaired shortly after coming to detroit

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I see where you're coming from, & agree to a certain extent...Then again isn't Cheli the guy whom swore to the media that "he'd never play for that f-ing team" - meaning Detroit while he played for the Blackhawks :rolleyes:

I do agree that it should be the "Yzerman Award" since Messier "whored" himself to Vancouver (more $$$ than what the NYR were willing to pay), takes away the "C" from Linden (though Linden claims he offered it to Messier), and doesn't do squat for the Canucks...Then takes his worn-out schtick back to Broadway, etc etc etc...If there's an "A$$HOLE AWARD" then I'd nominate Messier !

I love how this is the most atrocious thing to ever happen in hockey. OMG they named it after Messier and not Yzerman. What a sham! Please, both were great leaders. Just because Messier went to Vancouver doesn't mean spit. And just because Stevie played for only 1 team doesn't mean spit. Its a lovely thing that he only played for us but playing for different teams doesn't mean you are more or less of a leader. Leaders are leaders no matter where they go. Yzerman could've ended up in Ottawa years back when they blew chunks. Yeah, he could've lead them to a 20-56-6 season and then what would people say, he can't lead??? Get off it. Messier has more goals, more points, 6 freaking stanley cups to stevie's 3 and so on and so forth. Stevie was a quite leader on and off the ice. Messier was a boisterous in your face leader on and off the ice. So they named it after Messier, big deal. Either guy would be fine. Just quit making it seem like Yzerman is the only possible choice for this goofy award. He's not.

Guest ZDH

I love how this is the most atrocious thing to ever happen in hockey. OMG they named it after Messier and not Yzerman. What a sham! Please, both were great leaders. Just because Messier went to Vancouver doesn't mean spit. And just because Stevie played for only 1 team doesn't mean spit. Its a lovely thing that he only played for us but playing for different teams doesn't mean you are more or less of a leader. Leaders are leaders no matter where they go. Yzerman could've ended up in Ottawa years back when they blew chunks. Yeah, he could've lead them to a 20-56-6 season and then what would people say, he can't lead??? Get off it. Messier has more goals, more points, 6 freaking stanley cups to stevie's 3 and so on and so forth. Stevie was a quite leader on and off the ice. Messier was a boisterous in your face leader on and off the ice. So they named it after Messier, big deal. Either guy would be fine. Just quit making it seem like Yzerman is the only possible choice for this goofy award. He's not.

Yzerman is my fav player of all time but Mess is one of the best leaders of all time too. I don'k know how anyone who watched his career from being an Oiler to a Ranger can't respect how great he was as a player and as a leader.

I agree. Yzerman is not the only great leader. Ripping great players like Messier does not make him more of one either. Both were great, great players and both should be remembered that way.

Guest ZDH

Personally I find it classless to bail to another team because the team you've just won the Cup with (NYR - they offered $5.5 million) won't pay you the $7 million that you just had to have...Then he takes over the "C" from Linden; does squat in Vancouver; then goes back to NYR & acts as if he never left, & once again he does nothing with a BLOATED TEAM SALARY chuck full of "star" players :angry:

Tasteless...Absolutely tasteless :!:

BTW it's just my humble opinion :cool:

That is not what happened. When Mess was an UFA Neil Smith Lowballed him at the time for less than he was making. That insulted Mess. After all he did for that team, I would have been too. So Mess decided to go to Vancouver who was offering him more than what he was making. Mess's heart was in New York. He loved the Rangers. But Smith figured he could lowball him and he would take it because of his love for the team and being a Ranger. Wrong. Smith's game of Russian Roulette backfired.

I mean could you imagine if Holland had done that to Yzerman when he was still a 1st line player? We would have wanted to kill Kenny. Stevie took less money later in his career when he was no longer a top 6 forward. But the Wings always paid him his market value when he was a main cog. Even years after he was. The Wings were very fair to Yzerman. Neil Smith and Rangers dicked Messier around and that is why he left for Vancouver.

The offer which you refer too was a last ditch offer from Smith after the Canucks had made their offer. Smith was trying to save face because the Ranger fans were so pissed at him for jerking their captain around. It was too little too late and he was gone.

Mess never wanted to leave. It's Neil Smith who was wrong, not Messier.

Edited by ZDH

Personally I find it classless to bail to another team because the team you've just won the Cup with (NYR - they offered $5.5 million) won't pay you the $7 million that you just had to have...Then he takes over the "C" from Linden; does squat in Vancouver; then goes back to NYR & acts as if he never left, & once again he does nothing with a BLOATED TEAM SALARY chuck full of "star" players :angry:

Anyone here know how to make 1 of dem thar fancy banners?

Photoshop

Guest ZDH

Outta curiosity do you recall the lowball offer?

No I don't. I do recall my dad who follows the Rangers as closely as I do the Wings tell me that it was less than he was making with the Rangers before. The last minute offer by Smith, the "save my face" one was more than what the Canucks signed him for. If Smith had of made that last offer in the beginning he never would have left. I recall Messier saying that in an interview a few years ago.

Ya mean I gotta spend $$$ to create a banner :scared:

No, there are free programs that do it too. I can't remember which one some posters on here use, but there is one out there.

It's essentially a rip-off of Photoshop, and you can download it for free.

Sorry, back on topic now.........

That is what happens when you are in a competive sport and you are talking about your bitter rivals at the time. He didn't come here on his own terms... he was traded, against his wishes by the hawks for :lol: Anders Erikkson.

Guest DetroitIan

Cheli is the man. I hope he plays till he's 50. As long as he can keep it going, keep on playing forever! lol

Cheli is a Warrior and Warriors don't give up. The guy will just keep on playing for as long as he can and his body eventually tells him no more. I hope that day is still a few years away.

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

Guest ZDH

That is what happens when you are in a competive sport and you are talking about your bitter rivals at the time. He didn't come here on his own terms... he was traded, against his wishes by the hawks for :lol: Anders Erikkson.

Chelios was asked by Hawks owner Bill Wirtz if he would allow a trade to the Red Wings. Wirtz said he would not trade him if he did not want to be traded. IN the end, Chelios agreed to the trade to the Red Wings. At the time Bob Clarke was calling the Hawks every day every hour begging the Hawks to deal him to Philly. But Chelios had the right to choose where he wanted to go, if he wanted to go. Going to Detroit rejuvinated his career for sure.

Chelios was asked by Hawks owner Bill Wirtz if he would allow a trade to the Red Wings. Wirtz said he would not trade him if he did not want to be traded. IN the end, Chelios agreed to the trade to the Red Wings. At the time Bob Clarke was calling the Hawks every day every hour begging the Hawks to deal him to Philly. But Chelios had the right to choose where he wanted to go, if he wanted to go. Going to Detroit rejuvinated his career for sure.

Really... I thought cheli was all in tears about coming here....

well damn... I had it wrong... now I know why the fans boo him in Chicago:

"Chelios requested a trade a couple of days ago," said Chicago GM Bob Murray. "We had no intention of trading him until a couple of days ago when he requested a trade. We respect Chris Chelios and appreciate what he's done for the Chicago Blackhawks."

Edited by OsGOD

Anyone here know how to make 1 of dem thar fancy banners?

Messier didn't want to have to share the spotlight with Gretzky either, cause Gretz had signed with the Rangers, then Messier signed with Vancouver.

Messier didn't want to have to share the spotlight with Gretzky either, cause Gretz had signed with the Rangers, then Messier signed with Vancouver.

Maybe he was afraid Gretzky was going to make him cry like the buckets of tears he cried at his jersey retirement......... For such a 'tough guy' he sure seems like a little girl!