• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

raasc1dj

Nicklas Lidstrom

Rate this topic

Zetterberg will be the next captain after Lidstrom retires. That is, if we can re-sign him in 2 years.

I will throw a s*** fit if we don't re-sign Z. I'm not kidding. I will shoot Z in the foot so he can't play anywhere else.

As for Lids...I think he was the best choice. I could have seen Z with it, but he will get it eventually anyway.

Lidstrom was the logical choice after Stevie.

I imagine they'd have given it to Cheli if he wanted it, but he seems completely comfortable with his de facto role on the team.

Leads me to ponder: just WHAT is it about this team that turns egotistical stars into team role players? Hull? Robaitaille? Chelios? Yzerman? Fedorov? Shooters into two-way D men? Osgood-- perfectly good goalie willing to play 2nd fiddle? I used to attribute it to Scotty, but he's long gone... and yet all that amazing attitude remains.

Lidstrom was the logical choice after Stevie.

I imagine they'd have given it to Cheli if he wanted it, but he seems completely comfortable with his de facto role on the team.

Leads me to ponder: just WHAT is it about this team that turns egotistical stars into team role players? Hull? Robaitaille? Chelios? Yzerman? Fedorov? Shooters into two-way D men? Osgood-- perfectly good goalie willing to play 2nd fiddle? I used to attribute it to Scotty, but he's long gone... and yet all that amazing attitude remains.

Were Fedorov and Yzerman ever egotistical stars? None of the really stick out as having a huge ego that the entire NHL knows about.

Anywho... It's attributed to the amount of leadership in the lockerroom while at the time we were claiming all the old Captains from around the NHL... That and I don't think the fans would tolerate such Ego's on the wings. :lol:

Edited by OsGOD

Yes greatest ever

lidstrom is not the greatest defenseman ever. that title belongs to bobby orr. this isn't a matter of opinion, this is a fact. lidstrom is still a fine captain though. shanahan was my choice, but he didn't resign.