#1 Zeta Power 40

Zeta Power 40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:07 PM

http://tsn.ca/nhl/ne...=209447=

bye nashville?

Red Wings, My Red Wings, Come On Wings, Lets Fly!!!

#2 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:10 PM

Wow , it looks like the Preds might actually be moving.
^^Thanks Offsides^^
RIP PHIL O'DONNELL,1972-2007.
RIP TOMMY BURNS, 1956-2008 .
you'll never walk alone.

#3 Statts

Statts

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:11 PM

It will happen eventually. Balsillie did not buy the preds for $220 mil to keep them in Nashville.
I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, I'm going to mop the floor with your face.
I said, You'll be sorry.
He said, Oh, yeah? Why?
I said, Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well.
-Emo Philips

#4 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE(Statts @ May 31, 2007 - 06:11PM) View Post

It will happen eventually. Balsillie did not buy the preds for $220 mil to keep them in Nashville.

No doubt.....

#5 jaytan

jaytan

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:19 PM

Well, it's about time this relocation thing went the other way!

Wait a minute.... How the heck are they going to get approval of the sale of the Predators now that this is officially out of the bag?
Hail Jaytan!

#6 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:22 PM

so who moves into the central division, Minny?
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#7 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(redwingfan19 @ May 31, 2007 - 06:22PM) View Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Four games is enough with them! I can't stand their "style" of play. Please noooo!

On a side note, I kind of feel bad for Nashville fans...kind of.

#8 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(jaytan @ May 31, 2007 - 06:19PM) View Post

Well, it's about time this relocation thing went the other way!

Wait a minute.... How the heck are they going to get approval of the sale of the Predators now that this is officially out of the bag?

It was never a secret. What Bettman said was simply for PR purposes. Bettman has always known that Balsillie's intentions are to move a team to Southern Ontario. That has been known since he entered into the Pittsburgh chase.

#9 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:26 PM

*Waits for Bettman's comments*

tongue.gif
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#10 jaytan

jaytan

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE(redwingfan19 @ May 31, 2007 - 05:22PM) View Post

I'd like it if we could move East with them, and maybe they could send two Eastern teams into the Central.... How about Pittsburgh and Buffalo? Nobody'd complain about a shift in the balance of power, and it wouldn't kill them to travel to Columbus, Chicago and St. Louis.
Hail Jaytan!

#11 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(jaytan @ May 31, 2007 - 11:26PM) View Post

I'd like it if we could move East with them, and maybe they could send two Eastern teams into the Central.... How about Pittsburgh and Buffalo? Nobody'd complain about a shift in the balance of power, and it wouldn't kill them to travel to Columbus, Chicago and St. Louis.

I would love to see the Wings move East , but it ain't gonna happen. The Wings are the Western conference . they're the only consistantly successful team who are capable of drawing in huge home crowds for the opposing teams anytime they travel to play them. The NHL would never allow them to move .

Edited by glasgowcelticwing, 31 May 2007 - 05:32 PM.

^^Thanks Offsides^^
RIP PHIL O'DONNELL,1972-2007.
RIP TOMMY BURNS, 1956-2008 .
you'll never walk alone.

#12 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE(Zeta Power 40 @ May 31, 2007 - 06:07PM) View Post

...and if Balsillie can't do it no one will. It will be an interesting offseason.
I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

#13 Elshupacabra

Elshupacabra

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:45 PM

So, didn't Bettman say Nashville wasn't going anywhere?

I'm sure he has some say in this right?

I'm just going to assume that none of this means anything until the Nashville Preds are no longer a team.

#14 LIDDYGIBBY5

LIDDYGIBBY5

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 935 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:53 PM

Can you hear the screams from the Leafs and the Sabers? This is going to go over like a turd in the punch bowl with the management of those teams. Do you really think Bettman will allow three teams that close together?
"You're playing worse every day and right now you're playing like the middle of next week." Herb Brooks

2 16

33 To The Rafters!!

#15 Mighty Wings

Mighty Wings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:01 PM

until the board of governors approve it, all this will just be pure talk.

Edited by Mighty Wings, 31 May 2007 - 06:03 PM.

#16 bullocks

bullocks

Ultimate Playoff Performer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(Zeta Power 40 @ May 31, 2007 - 06:07PM) View Post

he always had that deal in place, he just re-activated it. that as nothing to do with the nhl.

QUOTE(LIDDYGIBBY5 @ May 31, 2007 - 06:53PM) View Post

Can you hear the screams from the Leafs and the Sabers? This is going to go over like a turd in the punch bowl with the management of those teams. Do you really think Bettman will allow three teams that close together?

three teams are that close in new york

toronto is a hockey hot bed, if new york can do it, we certainly can. rolleyes.gif
"I don't want my legacy to be about the numbers, or how many trophies I won. I want it to be that I was a competitor, and that my teammates believed in me. That's what's most important to me. That my teammates know, when I'm in the net, I'm the man, I'm the right person for them. And that I never gave up." - Dominik Hasek

#17 Flip-check

Flip-check

kicking ass and taking Cups

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE(HenrikRules40 @ May 31, 2007 - 06:24PM) View Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Four games is enough with them! I can't stand their "style" of play. Please noooo!

On a side note, I kind of feel bad for Nashville fans...kind of.

In a way I like Nashville having a strong hockey team. I'll miss them more than I would, say, Phoenix.

A few weeks ago I was thinking... "good! Take the team to Ontario! It'll be better there and it's a better market." But now I wonder.

QUOTE(bullocks @ May 31, 2007 - 07:02PM) View Post

he always had that deal in place, he just re-activated it. that as nothing to do with the nhl.

toronto is a hockey hot bed, if new york can do it, we certainly can. rolleyes.gif

Yes. To say the least...

No, it's definitely excitement.

#18 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(bullocks @ May 31, 2007 - 04:02PM) View Post

New York has 8 million people in the city alone, plus another 4 or 5 within TV rights distance. When Southern Ontario can put up those kinds of numbers, then we'll talk comparison. Buffalo is a small market and they already have to compete with the Leafs for the Niagara Falls/St. Catherine's area of Canada. They'll just love to have competition in Hamilton too.

Also, I think it's cute how so many of you think Bettman has a say in the matter. You must be the same folks who think it was his idea to put a team in Phoenix and Raleigh.

Finally, why would anyone jump to the conclusion that a Hamilton team would move East?
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#19 bullocks

bullocks

Ultimate Playoff Performer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE(betterREDthandead @ May 31, 2007 - 07:19PM) View Post

New York has 8 million people in the city alone, plus another 4 or 5 within TV rights distance. When Southern Ontario can put up those kinds of numbers, then we'll talk comparison. Buffalo is a small market and they already have to compete with the Leafs for the Niagara Falls/St. Catherine's area of Canada. They'll just love to have competition in Hamilton too.

Also, I think it's cute how so many of you think Bettman has a say in the matter. You must be the same folks who think it was his idea to put a team in Phoenix and Raleigh.

Finally, why would anyone jump to the conclusion that a Hamilton team would move East?

if you don't think another team in southern ontario will succeed, then u my friend are lost. people in new york don't give a s*** about hockey. like i said, if new york can have 3 hockey teams, then the toronto area can. i could care less about how many ppl they have in their city.
"I don't want my legacy to be about the numbers, or how many trophies I won. I want it to be that I was a competitor, and that my teammates believed in me. That's what's most important to me. That my teammates know, when I'm in the net, I'm the man, I'm the right person for them. And that I never gave up." - Dominik Hasek

#20 MonkeyGoalie

MonkeyGoalie

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:46 PM

I just have a feeling that if the Preds are moved then they most likely will be put into the East Conf. and then the team to take their place in the West would Atlanta. I say this because Atlanta is almost in line with Detroit and Columbus. Then they would also take Nashville's spot in the Central Division. This is just my logical guess of what could happen.