• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

IwoCPO

Final Thursday Dose of Cheli On A2Y

Rate this topic

Cheli is completely distraught. He really believed the Wings were going to win the Cup, and is still pissed about it. He says the Wings were the best team, and that the penalty in the last seconds of Game 5 changed everything and shouldn't have happened.

Yep.

But it's over with now..unfortunately.. We'll get 'em in '08 Cheli!

Anywho..for those that aren't going to listen to it..

Cheli says that Bertuzzi really wants to stay in Detroit. He loves it here, and is going to talk to Holland soon. Possibly tomorrow? He really believes Bert is here to stay and for awhile, and that he will become a fan favorite.

They then asked him out of these Free Agents *Smyth, Drury, and Briere* who would he think would fit best for the Wings. Cheli said Smtyh, but also mentioned Drury being great. Said he wasn't a big fan of Briere's..

Has a good feeling Dom will be back. That he knows Dom wants to play another year, but he needs to talk to his family about it first.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

^^^ No problem.

Here's an interesting article on Cheli. It's an interview that's pretty much summed up. Talks about his relationship with Holland. Annnnnd he defends Langer. HELL YES.

Cheli.

Thanks for the article! I'll listen to the audo when I am at home. He does sound distraught based on his statements in the article but it sounds like he remains hopeful for 07-08.

Chelios also says that he's had thoughts of flying to Anaheim to explain the reasons he didn't shake hands with the team in-person, but he explained the reasons he "couldn't keep it together," and if they were still playing against the Ducks on Wednesday, he would obviously shake their hands.

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Maybe Chelios meant if they were still playing the Ducks for game 7, he would have shaken hands? I agree, it was confusing. I had to read that line several times.