• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
canadienhater

should the wings trade kronwall

Rate this topic

No, then who would Bert room with??? And what about all the doctors? you want to put them out of work too???

When he's healthy he's good, just unlucky. How many other of these inj have been in the NHL??

:lol: I always love the "TRADE SO and SO they suck, their lazy, they are worthless.... but we could get an all-star center, a possible norris contending defenseman and a whole rash of hot prospects for them!"

Yeah get real... if you want him traded because he is injury prone... expect the following:

A) get no interest in him... for the same obvious reason you are posing to trade said player

2) you get s*** in return... for the same obvious reason you are posing to trade said player

and finally, No, we shouldn't trade him.

but we should trade schneider... he is worthless being hurt and all :):ph34r:

Edited by OsGOD

I am a fan of his but the only season he has stayed injury free was in the ahl . With detroits great number of dmen waiting there turn to play in the nhl I think it's time. You got Kindl who will make the team and Quincey who did nothing but put himself on the map when it somes to showing them he's ready. Then your first call up will be Jonathan Ericsson.

:lol: I always love the "TRADE SO and SO they suck, their lazy, they are worthless.... but we could get an all-star center, a possible norris contending defenseman and a whole rash of hot prospects for them!"

Yeah get real... if you want him traded because he is injury prone... expect the following:

A) get no interest in him... for the same obvious reason you are posing to trade said player

2) you get s*** in return... for the same obvious reason you are posing to trade said player

and finally, No, we shouldn't trade him.

but we should trade schneider... he is worthless being hurt and all :):ph34r:

how can you trade schneider when he's a free agent and by the way that means he's not your's

kronwall's been a disappointment thus far to say the least. people claim that he's unlucky or has the injury bug, but that's not it. he's a reckless player. you can play like he plays when you're the size of, say, chris pronger, but kronwall plays much too big and reckless for his size. i'm guessing he'll have a career full of season ending injuries. that little nugget coupled with his piss-poor decision making and not much offensive upside that i saw at all, and he's not anything i expected or hoped he'd be. only ellis, maltby, and kopecky had worse =/- than kronwall this year.

none of that matters because nobody's going to take him off our hands right now for anything we'd want.

all that said, he does show flashed of big offensive potential (i haven't seen too many flashes of big defensive potential, however, other than the occasional open-icer), so you never know, he definitely could still turn things around. he just needs to tighten up his decision making in both offensive aggression and physicality, big time.

and, as others have said, the wings brass has quite a bit of faith in him, and they certainly are a better gauge for potential or talent than i am, so they probably know what they're doing.

Due to his nack for getting hurt i wouldn't cry about seeing him go. I do agree that i don't think we would get much for him.

Maybe Kenny needs to rework his contract so that we only pay him if he plays. I know that this would never happen but i hate the fact that we gave him a decent chunk of change he has hardly played in the playoffs for us.

kronwall's been a disappointment thus far to say the least. people claim that he's unlucky or has the injury bug, but that's not it. he's a reckless player.

Which injuries has he sustained due to his "reckless" play? Here I'll give you a clue: none.

It's funny, if Holland were like most Red Wings fans who were so willing to give up on young players early in their career like some of you do we'd be the New York Islanders. Do you guys want to be the team who trades away Bertuzzi and Luongo before they hit their stride? Hell, in all honesty if this message board were around when Stevie got drafted if people had their way he would've been gone as well.

Patience, Kronwall hasn't been nearly as bad as some of you claim he was, he was creating chances, logging important minutes and doing a lot of things right. Contrary to popular belief, he didn't lead the team in giveaways and as a positive stat for him he actually led the team in blocked shots even with missing time.

He's an important part of our future, don't make knee-jerk decisions.

Edited by Heaton

how can you trade schneider when he's a free agent and by the way that means he's not your's

Sorry... Sign and trade the broken schnides his wrist is forever comprimised :P

Anywho... I was being sarcastic (hence my use of the sarcasm :ph34r: ninja).... glad you caught onto it :)

Hell, in all honesty if this message board were around when Stevie got drafted if people had their way he would've been gone as well.

Blasphamy... Stevie was a gift from the hockey gods... He was an emaculate conception... he came into the league in full stride there was no breaking in period with him :lol:

My last post was misinterpeted. What I was saying was this. That every time it's suggested that Kronwall should be traded, everyone talks about how much talent he has, and that's the reason we could get such a big return on him. Add in that he is locked up for 5 years, if the kid really does have such an upside, Kenny could move him without any troubles.

I think that people give him too much credit. He is a decent Dman, I think his career potential is a steady 3rd or 4th Dman. He hasn't shown the killer instinct that is needed to play his style of hockey, and be a top 2 Dman.

I wouldn't mind him being traded, say for a guy such as Ruslan Salei. My ideal trade would be for a solid second line winger. No one huge, maybe even a solid prospect and a pick type deal. I think the biggest assest we could attain by dealing Kronwall is cap space.

Last thing, to all of you who say Kronwall is just 'unlucky' and his luck will change. He is what's call injury prone.

Last thing, to all of you who say Kronwall is just 'unlucky' and his luck will change. He is what's call injury prone.

You don't know this.

He's only been in the NHL for what, 2, 3 years?

He could play the next 10 years without any major injuries at all? Not likeliy obviously but nobody here can honestly tell me with 100% confidence that he'll keep having a major injury every 1 or 2 seasons.

well for the sake of argument derailment, whether they should or not is not the real question.. they couldn't trade him for anything of value right now anyway. he's always hurt, nobody wants to gamble on that.

plus he's got a 5 year deal

nobody here can honestly tell me with 100% confidence that he'll keep having a major injury every 1 or 2 seasons.

you can't say that about any player in the NHL,

the fact that he's been injury prone so often so early in his career means he's even more likely to get injured again and again

You don't know this.

He's only been in the NHL for what, 2, 3 years?

He could play the next 10 years without any major injuries at all? Not likeliy obviously but nobody here can honestly tell me with 100% confidence that he'll keep having a major injury every 1 or 2 seasons.

3 NHL seasons, and all of them have featured major injuries. Noticing a pattern here?

Guest Crymson

No kidding. You put it well.

My personal favorite was the argument on Maltby: "He's terrible, but I'm sure we could get a lot from him, I'm sure that some teams would love to get a player with his level of playoff experience! Why doesn't Holland do it?!!" Pfffft...

3 NHL seasons, and all of them have featured major injuries. Noticing a pattern here?

Broke his leg hitting a rut during the warmup skate, and he nearly became the NHL's Tyco Brahe when he finished a check.

[/font]

Only one of his major injuries wasn't of the 'freak' variety. That was the hit by Hinote where Kronwall just ended up going down badly. In preseason.

the fact that he's been injury prone so often so early in his career means he's even more likely to get injured again and again

That might be true if they were related injuries.

Say, being out repeatedly for the same thing.

Kronwall has missed a lot of time on three separate occasions with three totally unrelated injuries. That's a matter of bad luck, not a matter of being injury prone.

You guys stick up for Kronwall like he's going to win the Norris or something.

How is it that I am the only one on these forums that noticed his bad play even when he was healthy? He always has a hard time handling the puck, and his passes are erratic. But yet, why do I bother? Everybody on these forums loves Kronwall to death, so whatever I say will never make a difference.

And if you're still to dence to get it: I'm not a Kronwall fan. And all be it if it is bad luck, I'm getting tired of his constant injuries every season. Not to mention I think he's overrated. But hey, that's just me. We all have our own opinions of players. Just as you all think he's Mr. Norris Trophy, I think he isn't.

You guys stick up for Kronwall like he's going to win the Norris or something.

How is it that I am the only one on these forums that noticed his bad play even when he was healthy? He always has a hard time handling the puck, and his passes are erratic. But yet, why do I bother? Everybody on these forums loves Kronwall to death, so whatever I say will never make a difference.

And if you're still to dence to get it: I'm not a Kronwall fan. And all be it if it is bad luck, I'm getting tired of his constant injuries every season. Not to mention I think he's overrated. But hey, that's just me. We all have our own opinions of players. Just as you all think he's Mr. Norris Trophy, I think he isn't.

I think he's incredibly overated. He hasent done anything to impress me , oh yeah , except be a minus-4 agaisnt Philly in thr regular season. He cant make passes , and people say he can take over Schnieders PP time :rolleyes: , He had 1 goal and it wasent even on the PP. His great powerplay work is all talk , He cant handle pucks well and if he has so much bad luck , strach(sp) him all season and keep him for the playoffs. Because his "bad luck" gets him injured EVERY season.

I also cant stand this "potential" talk , He's 26 , he isnt going to get much better. He can throw the body , thats all , and it usually ends up with him being injured anyway. His "potential" is a 3rd d-man who can play secondary PP and PK units that gets injured and throws the body. Very regular player is what Kronwall is.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan