• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
canadienhater

should the wings trade kronwall

Rate this topic

I don't think we should trade Kronwall, He is a big, hard hitting defense man who is only going to get better playing with guys like Lidstrom and Chelios. before he got that rhinoplasty in the middle of the season he was doing well, after he got done wearing that cage his timing, puck control and almost everything else seemed a little off but hopefully he will get that all back after training camp.

He does seem to be very injury prone however but maybe as he progresses as a player he will play a little smarter and maybe that will go down.

Edited by Elshupacabra

Guest Crymson

I think he's incredibly overated. He hasent done anything to impress me , oh yeah , except be a minus-4 agaisnt Philly in thr regular season. He cant make passes , and people say he can take over Schnieders PP time :rolleyes: , He had 1 goal and it wasent even on the PP. His great powerplay work is all talk , He cant handle pucks well and if he has so much bad luck , strach(sp) him all season and keep him for the playoffs. Because his "bad luck" gets him injured EVERY season.

I also cant stand this "potential" talk , He's 26 , he isnt going to get much better. He can throw the body , thats all , and it usually ends up with him being injured anyway. His "potential" is a 3rd d-man who can play secondary PP and PK units that gets injured and throws the body. Very regular player is what Kronwall is.

Okay, so how will we get anything for this 5yr/$3m player in a trade?

You guys stick up for Kronwall like he's going to win the Norris or something.

How is it that I am the only one on these forums that noticed his bad play even when he was healthy? He always has a hard time handling the puck, and his passes are erratic. But yet, why do I bother? Everybody on these forums loves Kronwall to death, so whatever I say will never make a difference.

And if you're still to dence to get it: I'm not a Kronwall fan. And all be it if it is bad luck, I'm getting tired of his constant injuries every season. Not to mention I think he's overrated. But hey, that's just me. We all have our own opinions of players. Just as you all think he's Mr. Norris Trophy, I think he isn't.

Nobody has said he's going to win the Norris trophy.

I think he's incredibly overated. He hasent done anything to impress me , oh yeah , except be a minus-4 agaisnt Philly in thr regular season. He cant make passes , and people say he can take over Schnieders PP time :rolleyes: , He had 1 goal and it wasent even on the PP. His great powerplay work is all talk , He cant handle pucks well and if he has so much bad luck , strach(sp) him all season and keep him for the playoffs. Because his "bad luck" gets him injured EVERY season.

I also cant stand this "potential" talk , He's 26 , he isnt going to get much better. He can throw the body , thats all , and it usually ends up with him being injured anyway. His "potential" is a 3rd d-man who can play secondary PP and PK units that gets injured and throws the body. Very regular player is what Kronwall is.

he's 26 he isnt gonna get much better .........yet your schneider is almost 40 and had his 2 best seasons now .......ya your right , kronwall cant get much better

well for the sake of argument derailment, whether they should or not is not the real question.. they couldn't trade him for anything of value right now anyway. he's always hurt, nobody wants to gamble on that.

Speaking of derailment... what is that avatar, a Zenit?

Now, on topic... our depth in skaters seems pretty good. We could give up a couple players (including Kronner if we had to) to help our G situation IF Dom doesn't return (i.e. Bryz or Tosk).

Still, if not for the injuries, I'd say no way. Assuming he isn't about to get an adamantium skeleton installed, I could handle him going if the return is good. That's called Risk Avoidance. But who are we going to convince to give us a good return for a guy who's spent more time in a cast than in skates?

Edited by ColdWarrior

he's 26 he isnt gonna get much better .........yet your schneider is almost 40 and had his 2 best seasons now .......ya your right , kronwall cant get much better

Yes because Schnieder has oh so much potential left in him :rolleyes:

Bringing up season totals means nothing when were talking about "potential"

Yes, they have taken too many gambles on him. Though his injuries have been kinda freak accidents its still hurting the wings. This things of it is though, they wont trade him, because no one wants someone who is injury proned.

I don't see this great deal of potential people usually talk about with respect to Kronwall. Even Lilja's sorry giveaway-prone ass managed to outplay him defensively in the regular season, and he tends to become completely invisible offensively as well. Were it not for the blocked shots, constant injuries, and occasional big hits, I'd forget he was even out there. The contract is looking like a mistake so far, and a trade would be nice if this trend continues next year. Nobody will want him, though. I'd love to be wrong, of course, but maybe after all these excellent scouting and contract decisions from the front office, the Wings were due for a mistake.

Either way, it's a moot point. Kronwall will be here for a while, for better or worse. We can only hope for the former.

I'm sorry, but all the potential in the world doesn't win any games. Strong defensive decision making does. So does making good passes. And a lot of other things.

You see, that's my problem with Kronwall: he is not improving while we wait for him to capitalize on all this potential. Look at someone like Quincey who played solid defense when we needed him to. He's got great potential too but he's not a liability out there while he tries to grow into a great player. Kronwall is.

Look at someone like Quincey who played solid defense when we needed him to. He's got great potential too but he's not a liability out there while he tries to grow into a great player. Kronwall is.

Do you really not understand the difference? It's apples and oranges to compare Quincey's 8 minutes to Kronwall's 20. You've already made up your mind on Kronwall and that's fine, but I'll sit here and basically guarantee that he'll continue becoming a very important part to this teams future.

Most of his shortcomings are completely overblown, completely. Get the nickname out of your head.

Edited by Heaton

I'm sorry, but all the potential in the world doesn't win any games. Strong defensive decision making does. So does making good passes. And a lot of other things.

You see, that's my problem with Kronwall: he is not improving while we wait for him to capitalize on all this potential. Look at someone like Quincey who played solid defense when we needed him to. He's got great potential too but he's not a liability out there while he tries to grow into a great player. Kronwall is.

Ahoy, e'en Me can look like a star gi'en only 8 mins

Kronner is a fine lad

Do you really not understand the difference? It's apples and oranges to compare Quincey's 8 minutes to Kronwall's 20. You've already made up your mind on Kronwall and that's fine, but I'll sit here and basically guarantee that he'll continue becoming a very important part to this teams future.

Most of his shortcomings are completely overblown, completely. Get the nickname out of your head.

Perhaps I used a bad example.

My original point still stands. You have to be effective NOW to play on an NHL team. Potential is great but it doesn't win any games.

Kronwall is effective, he was all season. He has the potential to be better, but so does Zetterberg and Datsyuk and Filppula and Hudler and all of our guys under 30.

He may have not met expectations, but he was good enough to be at very least our 4th best defensemen all season.

Edited by Heaton

Guest DetroitIan

If we can get good trade value for him. Absolutely I want him traded. Nothing against him, but hes been extremely injury prone. And his "monster slapshot" I keep hearing from analysts, I have yet to see once this whole time he's been a Red Wing. Unless of course you count his 7 feet wide of the net slappers. But then again, maybe with him being injured so much early in his NHL career has stunted some improvement. But like I said, if we can get equal trade value, Bye lil Nick.

Guest Crymson

Yes because Schnieder has oh so much potential left in him :rolleyes:

Bringing up season totals means nothing when were talking about "potential"

May I have a look at the future-reading device you've been using?

If we can get good trade value for him. Absolutely I want him traded. Nothing against him, but hes been extremely injury prone. And his "monster slapshot" I keep hearing from analysts, I have yet to see once this whole time he's been a Red Wing. Unless of course you count his 7 feet wide of the net slappers. But then again, maybe with him being injured so much early in his NHL career has stunted some improvement. But like I said, if we can get equal trade value, Bye lil Nick.

You've just listed several reasons why we will NOT get anything good for him.

Also, I've got more belief in opinion of the Wings` scouting team than I do in yours.

Guest DetroitIan

May I have a look at the future-reading device you've been using?

You've just listed several reasons why we will NOT get anything good for him.

Also, I've got more belief in opinion of the Wings` scouting team than I do in yours.

Hey man, my scouting team is tops of the upstairs in my room league. :P

But yeah, I definitely don't expect equal trade value for Kronwall. I was more talking hypothetically. In which case I would totally be down for a trade. But since we wouldn't get much for him, Im all for him staying. Hopefully if he stays healthy he can improve his game. And one thing I will always like about him, is he will throw his body around with much power. But that also may be his downfall...

Kronwall just needs a little luck to get off the injury train. Since I didn't see him play much this season - I can't judge him. But we all saw how well the Wings played w/o him in the lineup in the playoffs - we don't really know what he would have/can add to this team in the postseason. On the other hand, we saw what happened with Schneider out - lack of production on the pp - imo why we lost the WCF in the end. He's inked anyways - so let's just see - like I said we need to get a little lucky with him this next season - he's due.

Feeling an odd urge to chime in here...

Let's look at what he's done when he's healthy-

World champ in 2006 (2 goals, 8 assists in 8 games)

Olympic gold 2006

Eddie Shore award in 2004-5 (sure, it was AHL, but he led the team in points- 53 in 76 games- no small feat)

I'd say he has potential.

I'm just glad he's under contract long enough to prove himself.

We have great talent on the D. We're very fortunate.

I believe Kronwall will be big someday. Let's just hope he's still a Wing when it happens.

Yes. Use his salary and the salary gained from Jiri Fischer becoming UFA to sign a defenseman that won't get injured. (No offense to Fischer, it's just that his contract is up. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see the Wings sign him just to keep paying him.)

Ahoy, e'en Me can look like a star gi'en only 8 mins

Kronner is a fine lad

I concur Cap'n. Kronner is getting a raw deal on here by alot of fan's . The guy's had a hell of a lot of serious injuries for someone who's just began his career , give him a break and a chance to prove himself to be the player that we think he can be.

I concur Cap'n. Kronner is getting a raw deal on here by alot of fan's . The guy's had a hell of a lot of serious injuries for someone who's just began his career , give him a break and a chance to prove himself to be the player that we think he can be.

He played over 70 games this season. Isn't that a good enough chance?

He's been injured for most of his NHL career , give the guy a chance.

This was techincally his 3rd season in the NHL. His first 2, last year and 2003-2004, he was injured. This year he managed to play 68 games (I was wrong, it was still less then 70), and was healthy for most of the season. His play still didn't impress me that much at all, even when he was healthy.

But, whatever. I'm willing to give him one more season. But after 4 years in the Wings system, if he still is injured like this, and continues to be slow developing, then I just assume say forget him already. Most prospects like him usually are ready by their 3rd season to be full time players. If he get's hurt again next season, he'll be going into his 5th season, and still not have lived up to his potential.