• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingrulez19

If the Ducks win the Cup?

Rate this topic

Guest jaytan

Does that mean that we were the best team in the playoffs? I mean we outplayed them in the conference finals, I can´t really believe that the ducks beat us.

Your thoughts on this??

:lol:

Maybe we could be awarded the inaugural Crybaby Cup?

C'mon. Whoever wins a best-of-seven series may not be the better team, but they are the most deserving of the victory. There have been plenty of times in the past that the Wings have won series they've been outplayed in. That's just the way the sport works.

And you can't act like goaltending isn't part of hockey. If one team's skaters are outplayed, but the other team's goaltender is outstanding, you can't call it a fluke.

...All of this crap about luck, injuries, the wings' travel, etc., is a bad joke. You don't hear the Wings using such excuses, you don't hear any NHL players using such excuses....

What about Captain Sid Crosby? :hehe:

I look at it this way.... We scored on any of the million PP's we were awarded, we win the games and the series... Excuse or not, that is the honest to god truth. I feel that is an example of beating ourselves... we couldn't get our PP going, not because of huge saves by Jiggy or awesome PKing by the opposition... we just didn't have it... Our PP looked horrific for most of the season.. and by us not improving on that issue, be lost in the PO's

:thumbup: I agree , some may see this as an excuse . but it's a fact.

Does that mean that we were the best team in the playoffs? I mean we outplayed them in the conference finals, I can´t really believe that the ducks beat us.

Your thoughts on this??

Ive been thinking the same thing. And yes, i believe that they were.

I look at it this way.... We scored on any of the million PP's we were awarded, we win the games and the series... Excuse or not, that is the honest to god truth. I feel that is an example of beating ourselves... we couldn't get our PP going, not because of huge saves by Jiggy or awesome PKing by the opposition... we just didn't have it... Our PP looked horrific for most of the season.. and by us not improving on that issue, be lost in the PO's

The Sharks could say the same thing about the 2nd round, does that mean that they beat themselves or did we beat them?

Not sure what you are getting at.....

I'm not sure what he's getting at either. That Crosby played with a broken foot the last month of the season and in the playoffs?

Yeah, that was obviously a lame excuse to explain away his 3 goals and 2 assists in 5 playoff games against Ottawa (do I need to point out that they're currently playing for the Stanley Cup?). :blink:

As for the Wings being the best team if Anaheim wins, last time I checked, they beat us. They're the better team.

Short of god stepping in and smiting the other team, the best team wins the Stanley Cup. No excuses.

Anaheim found a way to beat Detroit.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Guest bullocks

Some people need to get over it. Seriously, San Jose out played us for most of the series, so i guess their the best team in the playoffs.

We could go into the whole luck thing again, and frankly, Anaheim was a luckier team when they played the Wings. Still though, Anaheim is still considered the best team in the playoffs if they win the Cup. That's generally how it works.

The best team in the playoffs is the team that finds a way to win even when they're outplayed, and finds a way to get their name on the cup.

Bingo. Even I have realized that by now.

Honestly im really sick of the Ducks bashing on here, and that they weren't good enough. Enough is enough. We get it. Did the Wings outplay them for the most part? Yes. But sometimes it's not about how you start, but how you finish, and that's how the Ducks played it. They capitalized on their opportunities and our Wings didn't. With that being said, I still think the Wings were the best team in the playoffs, and I still think that bogus penalty in the dying seconds of Game 5 turned everything around, but that's just hockey I guess. If the Ducks are meant to win the Cup this year then let it be. Good for them. They've played tremendously against the Sens so far, and well would it really surprise anyone if they did win it all? I don't think so. We might not like them, but we can't deny that they are a talented bunch. If they win it, and im kind of thinking they will now..then good for them. That's that. Let's move on to next season for the Wings.

Guest bullocks

On another topic, some Sens fan told me yesterday they would have beaten the Wings in 5 if we made the finals lol i laughed.

Your thoughts on this??

No. Sorry, but the best team doesnt go down 4-0 in a game where their fates on the line. The attempted comeback showed some heart at the end but it doesnt really matter, it was the Ducks game all along. The better team also doesnt lose a series 4 games to 2. Move on.

Or was it 3-0 when the Wings got their first goal....whichever, doesnt matter.

No. Sorry, but the best team doesnt go down 4-0 in a game where their fates on the line. The attempted comeback showed some heart at the end but it doesnt really matter, it was the Ducks game all along. The better team also doesnt lose a series 4 games to 2. Move on.

Or was it 3-0 when the Wings got their first goal....whichever, doesnt matter.

3-0. 3-1. 4-1. 4-2. 4-3. Sooo close to 4-4. :(

lol

I hope to god the cheap shot ducks don't win the cup. I CAN'T STAND pronger. He does not desewrve to have his name on that cup. I am still hoping to see allfredsson lift that cup in game 6 in ottawa. GO SENS

Guest jaytan

I'd rather see Pronger lift it than Alfredsson. We just hate Pronger more because we've been pitted against him for his whole career. If Alfredsson played in the West, for Colorado or something, we'd hate him too.

I'd rather see Pronger lift it than Alfredsson. We just hate Pronger more because we've been pitted against him for his whole career. If Alfredsson played in the West, for Colorado or something, we'd hate him too.

Exactly, and if Pronger wore a Wings jersey everyone here would love him.

Guest bullocks

If the Ducks win the Cup in 6 Games or less, than that means we were the 2nd best team in the playoffs. If Ottawa stretches the series to 7 or comes back to win, than we are 3rd.

who cares? i'd rather be last place and get the first pick then come 2nd or 3rd.

Disagree, Wings are the better team. If Ottawa wins, then we don't know if we were 1st or 2nd best. But I think Detroit would have taken the Sens.

Ducks will win the series, the gooniest team in NHL history was destined (and given) the cup.

so since San Jose outplayed us for the better half of that series i guess their the best. this is ridiculous.

........this would be a big problem, as I loudly proclaimed in the mid 90s that "if the mighty ducks ever with the stanley cup, I'm never watching hockey again!" :(

(I'm screwed)

No worries! The mighty ducks never will win the Cup, but the Anheim ducks may. I wouldn't really care except that Pronger is on the team. I want him to forever to be known as the perenial loser!!!!!!

Guest bullocks

OMG, didn't you watch the series??? Just admit that you didn't, its okay.

If you did, in fact, watch the Sharks / Wings series, then you would have noticed the team with the bigger heart, stronger will to win and we beat them at the key times.

Did the Ducks come back from two 2-0 leads to win? No, I think not.

OH, did the Wings come back from a 3-0 deficit in game 6 against the Ducks? Yeah, but still lost 4-3. But it was grueling. And the Wings were, by far, the better team in the series.

...and you call yourself a Detroit Red Wings fan? HA! :lol:

yes, i watched the series. i actually watched every game this post-season. and the wings didnt come awake in that series til just before the third period in game 4 when holmstrom scored to put them down 2-1, thanks. bigger heart, stronger will to win, and beating them at the key times doesnt consist of being the better team, because if it does...then anaheim must have been better then us. they beat us at the key times? stop contradicting yourself.

yes, i do call myself a red wings fan. not a red wings fan that 2 weeks after they lost keeps crying about it and sayin oh we were the better team wah, wah, wah...boo ******* hoo.

it would make me not only sick, but rather I'm going to keep barfing for a while...

That's not only nightmare to see some of these ducks hoisting the Cup, but rather a apocalypse-like event...

:)

Wow, I can't believe I just read this whole thread. Some people live in a red dream world.

Just because someone says "we didn't deserve to win" or "got beat by a better/tougher/whatever team" doesn't mean they are not a fan. It just means they understand reality.