• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingrulez19

If the Ducks win the Cup?

Rate this topic

Yes, the Wings outplayed the Ducks for a fair amount of the series and the Ducks won. The Wings outplayed the Ducks for most of the series in 2003 and the Ducks won.

This year, the Sharks took a good bit of the play to the Red Wings in the 2nd round and the Red Wings won the series.

Unlike 1-8 seeds in the NBA (minus No. 8 Golden State beating No. 1 Dallas this year), very rarely are there series in the NHL playoffs where one can accurately say, from the get go before the series starts, that team XYZ will win in a cakewalk in 4 or 5 games, regardless of if they are 1 or an 8 seed..

It rarely ever happens, and goofy bounces against you and a goalie that steps his play up can help an underdog win a series. Remember last year in the Western Conference? Seeds 5-8 beat seeds 1-4, and seed 8 went to the WCF.

You aren't always going to win the game even if you carry most of the play. This is an normal part of NHL hockey and you all sound like this is some brand new invention in the universe.

As much as I don't like some of the Ducks personnel (*cough Proger* *cough Burke*), give them their fair amount of credit. The Wings outplayed them for a good stretch, specfically in games 3 - 5, but the Ducks did just enough to win the series.

It's time for us to get over it.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Disagree, Wings are the better team. If Ottawa wins, then we don't know if we were 1st or 2nd best. But I think Detroit would have taken the Sens.

Ducks will win the series, the gooniest team in NHL history was destined (and given) the cup.

This is ridiculous. While I wasn't alive during the 1970's, history shows that the Flyers had a, by a large margin, more agressive and "goon" like team during those days, majorly exceeding what the Ducks have now. Sorry, but just because Captain ******* (you know who I mean) happens to play for the Ducks, that doesn't make them the "gooniest" team in the NHL.

By the way, gooniest is not a word.

They aren't the gooniest ever....but they've certainly gooned their way to the top, haven't they? It's not JUST Pronger either.

I hope they don't win. I think they will. But ew.

They aren't the gooniest ever....but they've certainly gooned their way to the top, haven't they? It's not JUST Pronger either.

I hope they don't win. I think they will. But ew.

I think Calgary was much more of a goon team. I just think when it comes to the Ducks, Pronger is the only goon. I didn't see much from the rest.

Hahaha remember after Game 5 against the Flames where the Wings whooped them yet EVERYONE on the boards was so extremely pissed? We were all like OMG we've never been so pissed after a victory. Now those were a bunch of goons..with a capital g!

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Definitely think the Flames are worse.....so are the Preds...I just think that the Ducks have been doing a lot of questionable stuff. Not just against us...against the Nucks and the Sens, too.

Definitely think the Flames are worse.....so are the Preds...I just think that the Ducks have been doing a lot of questionable stuff. Not just against us...against the Nucks and the Sens, too.

Oh yeah for sure. Did you read the article on Bowman warning the Sens of the Ducks 'illegal tactics'? LOL he was pretty much right on with that.

Oh yeah for sure. Did you read the article on Bowman warning the Sens of the Ducks 'illegal tactics'? LOL he was pretty much right on with that.

I define dirty play as illegal contact, intent to injure, and getting away with flagrant violations. The refs are complicit, to say the least. Yucks players shoved and literally sat on Hasek the entire series, but the Wings did not do the same to Giguere. Our mistake, I guess, for not playing the same way (though we wouldn't have gotten away with it, probably).

Murray and the Sens will lose if they don't reciprocate, but I don't think the Sens play that way, anymore than the Wings, do. So yeah, I think Anaheim will be awared the Cup in the end. <_<

Sens think Yucks are dirty, too

Maybe the guys on the ice (and Bowman) know things we don't, those who are saying Anaheim is just "gritty" and doesn't play dirty? If you ask Homer about the definition of dirty, I bet he'd have an opinion.

Bowman's comment

at least according to Sen's coach, Murray:

"Murray said he spoke with former Detroit Red Wings coach Scotty Bowman prior to Monday's game about the way the Ducks play. Murray said Bowman told him that the Senators had to be ready for the Ducks being allowed to get away with illegal tactics.

"I just talked to some of the Detroit people and they just told me this is the way it went (in the Western Conference final)," Murray said. "I guess it should have been clear in my mind this is what's going to happen and we'll be allowed to do likewise."

I define dirty play as illegal contact, intent to injure, and getting away with flagrant violations. The refs are complicit, to say the least. Yucks players shoved and literally sat on Hasek the entire series, but the Wings did not do the same to Giguere. Our mistake, I guess, for not playing the same way (though we wouldn't have gotten away with it, probably).

Murray and the Sens will lose if they don't reciprocate, but I don't think the Sens play that way, anymore than the Wings, do. So yeah, I think Anaheim will be awared the Cup in the end. <_<

Sens think Yucks are dirty, too

Maybe the guys on the ice (and Bowman) know things we don't, those who are saying Anaheim is just "gritty" and doesn't play dirty? If you ask Homer about the definition of dirty, I bet he'd have an opinion.

Bowman's comment

at least according to Sen's coach, Murray:

"Murray said he spoke with former Detroit Red Wings coach Scotty Bowman prior to Monday's game about the way the Ducks play. Murray said Bowman told him that the Senators had to be ready for the Ducks being allowed to get away with illegal tactics.

"I just talked to some of the Detroit people and they just told me this is the way it went (in the Western Conference final)," Murray said. "I guess it should have been clear in my mind this is what's going to happen and we'll be allowed to do likewise."

:clap: Loo, I totally agree.

I think I'll just give up posting on here cause you say everything that I want to say exept better . :D:thumbup:

P.S. Thanks for sticking up for me the other night when I wasn't around . :)

:clap: Loo, I totally agree.

I think I'll just give up posting on here cause you say everything that I want to say exept better .

P.S. Thanks for sticking up for me the other night when I wasn't around .

You're welcome, Glas, and don't you dare go away! I will be mad at you. And you don't want that!

:lol:

The Ducks aren't anywhere near the "gooniest" team ever. Broad Street Bullies, anyone? While I'm disappointed that the Wings didn't make it to the finals (I think Sens-Wings would have been awfully fun to watch), I didn't really expect them to do much of anything this year. I saw a lot of positive things, especially from Pasha. I'll be sad if I have to watch Pronger raise the Cup, but I've watched bigger a-holes do it (Clod, just to name one).

Why is the word "goon" so overused around here? Just because you do some roughhousing does not make you one. Its a term to describe someone who fights and does very little else. The only goon on the Flames was Eric Godard, and he didnt play. The only guys that can be considered goons in this series are McGrattan and Parros, I dont think Shawn Thornton is actually that bad of a player. Whenever i see someone like Pronger called a goon i just shake my head!

The Ducks aren't anywhere near the "gooniest" team ever. Broad Street Bullies, anyone? While I'm disappointed that the Wings didn't make it to the finals (I think Sens-Wings would have been awfully fun to watch), I didn't really expect them to do much of anything this year. I saw a lot of positive things, especially from Pasha. I'll be sad if I have to watch Pronger raise the Cup, but I've watched bigger a-holes do it (Clod, just to name one).

While the Ducks aren't the "gonniest" team ever there are parallel to the Broad streat bullies...if they win they would be the first team to have won that had led the league in penalty minutes in the regular and post season since the Philly teams in the 70s did (crosses fingers and toes so hopefully this doesn't happen).

Here is an article discussing this from a former refs perspective:

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/R...ory/GlobeSports

Edited by ladybugblue

Why is the word "goon" so overused around here? Just because you do some roughhousing does not make you one. Its a term to describe someone who fights and does very little else. The only goon on the Flames was Eric Godard, and he didnt play. The only guys that can be considered goons in this series are McGrattan and Parros, I dont think Shawn Thornton is actually that bad of a player. Whenever i see someone like Pronger called a goon i just shake my head!

before long "goon" will equal North American player :hehe:

or floppa who's a goon that has skill, but is still a goon

While the Ducks aren't the "gonniest" team ever there are parallel to the Broad streat bullies...if they win they would be the first team to have won that had led the league in penalty minutes in the regular and post season since the Philly teams in the 70s did (crosses fingers and toes so hopefully this doesn't happen).

Here is an article discussing this from a former refs perspective:

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/R...ory/GlobeSports

Good read . :thumbup: It's good to know that even former official's agree that the Ducks are being a "little" over agressive.

IF THE DUCKS WIN THE CUP?....

It would leave a BIGGER tarnish on the silver than the words, "2004-05 Season Not Played"

There I said it... I got it off my chest :lol:

Go Sens Go! May the team with the most goals win it baby!

And is this supposed to be a bad thing? If so, why? If they win the Cup i'll absolutely love a stat like that.

before long "goon" will equal North American player :hehe:

or floppa who's a goon that has skill, but is still a goon

lol aint that the truth!

It's a shame that wins from "illegal plays" are accepted in the NHL.

I'd rather watch talented teams rather than some POS goonage team. I refuse to watch that SCF garbage in 07' because the league is allowing those garbage Ducks unjustified wins.

:zzz:

Ok dude, we get the point. Stop broadcasting it to the rest of us.

I do feel bad for the fans...I hate saying stuff bad and hows it affects the Duck fans, because they should be happy their team is doing weill, I guess. As a Red Wing fan I know what it is like for everyone to hate you...but I can't help it...I really don't like the Ducks. When did this team become so dirty?

I do feel bad for the fans...I hate saying stuff bad and hows it affects the Duck fans, because they should be happy their team is doing weill, I guess. As a Red Wing fan I know what it is like for everyone to hate you...but I can't help it...I really don't like the Ducks. When did this team become so dirty?

When Brian Burke became the GM.

It's not the team so much as it's Pronger. His influence is rubbing off on the rest of the players though, which is what you've seen last night. Guys like Getzlaf and Perry aren't dirty players, but they do dirty things on the Ducks, probably because of Pronger. Either that, or Carlyle is a coach in the Barry Trotz mold.

Again, it's mostly Pronger who is dirty. The fighters on that team aren't dirty at all. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks Moen, Thornton, hell even George Parros as dirty players. They fight, but aren't dirty. It's mainly Pronger who is the dirty one.