• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Offsides

Random Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

With Carman's Crosby fest, I'm pretty sure that 99% of it is an act.

I'm pretty sure that's the case for both of them. Some people take the internet ssoooo seriously. I will note that I have had my moments of being drawn in. People lie and reconstruct the truth in forums??!! *gasp*

Nothing like a food allergy/intolerance diagnosed right before a food-based holiday to make a person feel like a complete freak.

Our family was freaky at holidays too, if it makes you feel better.

Dad was diabetic. Mom has high triglicerides (dang, I should know how to spell that, but you know what I mean). One sis can't have any gluten. I can't have nuts. The other sis is allergic to wheat, beef, soy, and dairy.

We just cooked it all and picked out what we could have.

I hope your allergy/intolerance is something you can learn to live with. Just think how much better you will feel. It hit my sisters hard at first because they thought of the things they couldn't have. Now they focus on what they can have.

I don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing you on how to think. I'm just trying to encourage you that there is a period of mourning for foods that are no longer in your life, but that after that you will find the foods that you can have and they will fill you up.

It sounds kind of like a relationship, and I guess in a way it is. This one got away, but there are other fish in the sea- unless you have a shellfish allergy.

Hugs, and wishes for health and happiness.

It's a soy intolerance, although I haven't yet ruled out issues with gluten as well. I was feeling freakish yesterday because there were a whole lot of issues with the in-laws bringing this and that for Thanksgiving dinner, and no way I can check the ingredients to see if the things are safe, and worrying that my mother-in-law will take it personally if I don't eat what she brings because she can at times be irrationally oversensitive. I'm feeling more reasonable about the whole thing this morning.

You should not feel bad about telling anyone, especially your mother in law about your food intolerance. It may not be as severe as an allergy, but people understand. If she gets offended, she'll get over it. My daughter is allergic to peanuts, my mother in law has known for years, and I still double check ingredients on everything because she's not good at doing that. And it's great that my daughter understands that sometimes I just have to say she can't have something because we aren't able to check ingredients. There is always something else you can have.

Hopefully Jack's team does better than mine.

EDIT: Cancel that. They're playing against my Godson's team. Gotta go Cowgirls. Sorry, Jack. Loveya, but that kid is the light of my life.

Edited by 55fan

It does seem to be the typical Lions pattern. Get a lead, give us all hope, and then ****** defeat from the jaws of victory.

Dinner went pretty well, except my M-I-L seems to think I am choosing to be soy-intolerant, because she suggested that I should really think about it before I commit to it. Dude, I get a choice in the matter?!? Why didn't anyone tell me? Also, I messed up the baked macaroni and cheese-- apparently whole wheat flour makes a very dark roux which tastes burnt, in less than half the time it takes all purpose flour to make a light-colored roux. But the turkey was exceedingly delicious. (Casey made the turkey, so I can't claim credit for that one.)

She means well, she just seems to think that all ailments which don't have obvious causes are psychosomatic. (Including her own fibromyalgia.) Which means if we go to their place for Christmas Eve dinner, as we usually do, I'm going to have to be absurdly careful about what I eat!

Edited by Jenny