• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Offsides

Random Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Mmm, omelet sounds good for lunch. It will probably be more like scrambled eggs with stuff in it, but hey.

Tonight I'm meeting up with OzzieFan30 and her husband to go to a Toledo Walleye game. Who's going to post bail if it becomes necessary? tongue.gif

I'm back! It's safe to let your goalies back out now, the goalie stalkers are safely away from the rinks. tongue.gif

It was a lot of fun. OzzieFan30 and Mr. OzzieFan30 are both very sweet and fun to watch a game with! And the Walleye won 5-3.

One of my favourite moments of the trip is after the train has cleared Union Station and I look over to my left and see the taillights of the bumper-to-bumper rush hour traffic (which now starts to get heavy around three in the afternoon) heading west out of Toronto. I always have the same thought: "This sure beats driving".

Tomorrow is the annual (eighteenth year, I think) train trip to Toronto, with a little shopping, Real Sports for lunch and a visit to the HHoF. Anybody here take the train anymore?

Have a great time, I'm jealous. I've never been to the HHOF, I need to get there someday.

I took the train once from Montreal to Toronto and completely did not enjoy my ride, at one point we had to stop in the middle of no where for them to do some maintenance and it was so boring. I was only able to do so much reading and thought to myself I should've drove.

The train trip was great. Redesigned cars are more comfortable. Via Rail now has a "snack cart" they roll down the aisle; two dollars for a candy bar or a bag of chips and six dollars for a Coors light (all prices Canadian dollars). Although I don't have a laptop computer, WiFi is available on the "Corridor" run gratis, Montreal down to Windsor, plus the line across to the Falls. Name Drop Alert: Mark Napier was in the group ahead of me in line at Real Sports. You might have to Google him.

I was just checking out the Wings' flight to make sure they landed safely in Buffalo, and looking at the flight map it struck me as odd that they are flying from one American city to another, technically not leaving the country, but their entire flight is over Canada.

I then got to wondering if you have to go through customs when you do that. If not, and if you owned your own plane, and you had valid reason to fly that route on a regular basis (business, family, medical, whatever) you could make a bit of extra cash parachute-dropping contraband into Canada without deviating from your route.