• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Offsides

Random Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Its a genuine question! I've recently found myself in the world of wood working ....

And this is how losing a single die has resulted in me building a Settlers of Catan board game, making 2d and 3d designs for a kitchen table, a board game table, a work bench, and recreating my new house on 3d software.

haha awesome, you go man! any screenshots or renders to see your 3d previz? which 3d software are you using?

Things the NHL says that make no sense,

1BOS0214.jpg

...but the game is @ 3pm.

Edited by NerveDamage

I'm still working out how to make a solid render and I haven't looked into it too much. Right now my images are rendering very small and much darker than in the viewports and I don't want to get started down the road of lighting in 3d modeling at the moment haha

I'm using 3dstudio max. They give a free 3 year subscription if you're in school. It doesn't even have to be an art or design related field either.

cool haha I'll tell them I'm still in school... the school of life haha. you could try to use an hdri in an env ball and turn on final gather to have realistic lightning without having to worry about proper lighting or shadows. In case you need it, here's a lighting rig plug-in for 3ds max. http://www.creativecrash.com/3dsmax/plugin/light_rig

just came to mind, but you could 3d model the dice, or find a model, and print it out in 3d.

yeah see all that is foreign language to me haha

also I stumbled on one of the weirdest youtube videos when looking up some woodworking stuff last night. It has some crazy chain-smoking alcoholic safety guy, every free song available for use on youtube ever made, some weird and wacky dance session... all in an otherwise informative video on how to make inlay dovetail joints.

yeah see all that is foreign language to me haha

also I stumbled on one of the weirdest youtube videos when looking up some woodworking stuff last night. It has some crazy chain-smoking alcoholic safety guy, every free song available for use on youtube ever made, some weird and wacky dance session... all in an otherwise informative video on how to make inlay dovetail joints.

haha, I do find myself writting some words in spanish from one time to another.

see what happens when you move Tool Time from Detroit to the midwest?

Edited by NerveDamage