• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Offsides

Random Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

I don't *dislike* The Beatles, but I'm not a fan. Few songs I like, the rest is meh to me. It's unfortunate that the hype train does indeed derail people's experiences and expectations of a band. While they were trailblazers and good songwriters, they weren't out of this world (don't kill me) gifted musicians. Not great singers. So, while I appreciate their importance in musical history and the evolution of rock and roll, I still fall on a solid meh when it comes to The Beatles.

I don't *dislike* The Beatles, but I'm not a fan. Few songs I like, the rest is meh to me. It's unfortunate that the hype train does indeed derail people's experiences and expectations of a band. While they were trailblazers and good songwriters, they weren't out of this world (don't kill me) gifted musicians. Not great singers. So, while I appreciate their importance in musical history and the evolution of rock and roll, I still fall on a solid meh when it comes to The Beatles.

More or less my take, actually. They did a hell of a job expanding beyond basic rock theory for chord progression, though, which i can appreciate. I don't own any albums or songs, though.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2016/06/08/detroit-red-wings-hockeytown/85594258/

Apparently "s***hole" Detroit as some of the faithful "fans" here call it, is still ranked as the number 1 hockey city in U.S.A according to wallethub.

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-cities-for-hockey-fans/13283/#main-findings

Edited by kickazz

Just realized that the top of the page on the forums that has Datsyuk, Nyquist, Zetterberg and Tatar with fade out of Lidstrom, Yzerman, Howe etc will now probably fade Datsyuk away :(

:confused: his Name is Pavel Datsyuk...

if he's to fade and stay in the top banner who should be brought to the image? Larkin, Abby, AA?