• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Offsides

Random Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

It's an English nickname for a Scot. :)

Thanks!

I think it says that in the book, Brandon...maybe not, though...it's been a long time since I read it.

Yeah, Scottish accents are the best, Glasgow...just ask me :P American accents are not so great, but I'm glad that you like them :D

Aye... Desmond... yum :lol::P

I think it says that in the book, Brandon...maybe not, though...it's been a long time since I read it.

Yeah, Scottish accents are the best, Glasgow...just ask me :P American accents are not so great, but I'm glad that you like them

Oocchh Aye!!! :P:hehe: I better shut the hell up or OsGod will want to beat the crap outta me. :(:scared:

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

Thanks!

Aye... Desmond... yum

You're creeping me out a bit on the yum part (I feel that you are making fun of me) but AYE, Desmond...I love him. By far the coolest living guy on LOST now.

And my second favorite Scot (behind Glasgow, of course) technically Henry Ian Cusick (actor who plays Des) was born in Peru, but his father was Scottish:

IPB Image

:wub:

Ha ha, and then 3rd would be Davy Jones! But he's not as easy on the eyes.

Oocchh Aye!!! :P:hehe: I better shut the hell up or OsGod will want to beat the crap outta me.

:wub:

Eh, OsGod's not so scary :D You guys have a whole ocean between you. He doesn't seem to mind, anyway.

Edited by Offsides

Oocchh Aye!!! :P:hehe: I better shut the hell up or OsGod will want to beat the crap outta me. :(:scared:

Och! That's guid! :P

Actually I really do like the accent also...

Edited by OsGOD

You're creeping me out a bit on the yum part (I feel that you are making fun of me) but AYE, Desmond...I love him. By far the coolest living guy on LOST now.

And my second favorite Scot (behind Glasgow, of course) technically Henry Ian Cusick (actor who plays Des) was born in Peru, but his father was Scottish:

IPB Image

Ha ha, and then 3rd would be Davy Jones! But he's not as easy on the eyes.

Eh, OsGod's not so scary :D You guys have a whole ocean between you. He doesn't seem to mind, anyway.

Yey ,I'm No1!!! .....I'm No 1!!!!! :D

I knew all along that OsGod wouldn't want to beat me up, cause he's my buddy. :):thumbup:

So, technically you are not bi-lingual, you just have a really great accent?

Why couldn't I have been born some country where I could automatically inherit a cool accent...

Perhaps you were. I doubt people in Scotland are impressed by other Scots' accents. Much like other Michiganders aren't impressed by your accent, because they're used to it. You just have to go where it's not commonplace. I've received many comments (mostly in Colorado and California) about my "Michigan accent," whatever that is! You should go to Scotland and impress everyone there. :D

Ha ha, well, I've never heard of compliments on Michigan accents :) but you never do know.

Other accents that I like: Brittish, French, Russian, Australian, Canadian...and so on and so forth.

Yey ,I'm No1!!! .....I'm No 1!!!!! :D

I knew all along that OsGod wouldn't want to beat me up, cause he's my buddy. :):thumbup:

Yay for being #1

Yeah, I think OsGod has a crush on your accent, too :P

Ever since you got me reading Outlander (or listening to it for that matter) seeing the words typed makes me imagine them being said.... Never thought I would enjoy a book like that but darnit, I am hooked and looks like there are plenty more to read :) Its crazy how reading words typed on here can trigger such things. I am hooked on the accent though :)

Ever since you got me reading Outlander (or listening to it for that matter) seeing the words typed makes me imagine them being said.... Never thought I would enjoy a book like that but darnit, I am hooked and looks like there are plenty more to read :) Its crazy how reading words typed on here can trigger such things. I am hooked on the accent though

:unsure: Dude!!......... i'm not gonna say 'Occh Aye'!!! for you too .....that just freaks me out!!! :scared::P:lol:

Ha ha, well, I've never heard of compliments on Michigan accents :) but you never do know.

Other accents that I like: Brittish, French, Russian, Australian, Canadian...and so on and so forth.

Yay for being #1

Maybe not compliments, but definitely comments on the northern/midwestern accent a lot of us have with the really sharp vowel sounds or whatever. I get made fun of by all my friends who aren't from around here because of the way I pronounce certain words.

As for real "accents" I personally love Australian accents.

Perhaps you were. I doubt people in Scotland are impressed by other Scots' accents. Much like other Michiganders aren't impressed by your accent, because they're used to it. You just have to go where it's not commonplace. I've received many comments (mostly in Colorado and California) about my "Michigan accent," whatever that is! You should go to Scotland and impress everyone there. :D

When I was in New York for a bit everyone was like, you sound like the news. I was like :unsure:

lol...that's funny!

New YAWK accents are cool, as are Baahhston....but I don't love the accents...they are just cool

Yeah those accents are cool but someone mentioned the Australian accent?!?!? OMG those are so sexy! I had a patient come in once...A SURFER...that was Australian. While he was telling me what happened I was just staring into his aqua eyes and admiring his tan skin and basking in his accent. I don't even think I remember a word he said. All I know was he made me melt and I think he was talking about an ear infection. :wub:

Yeah those accents are cool but someone mentioned the Australian accent?!?!? OMG those are so sexy! I had a patient come in once...A SURFER...that was Australian. While he was telling me what happened I was just staring into his aqua eyes and admiring his tan skin and basking in his accent. I don't even think I remember a word he said. All I know was he made me melt and I think he was talking about an ear infection. :wub:

Haha that description made me kind of uncomfortable. But I feel where you're coming from; women with Australian accents drive me CRAZY.

Ha ha, that's great. There's this really good looking guy at the mall who's french. And he sells lotions in a kiosk. It is evil. He gives you this hand massage with the lotion, and then tells you about the product in his French accent...it's all you can do to NOT buy pretty much everything at the kiosk :)

When I was in New York for a bit everyone was like, you sound like the news. I was like :unsure:

Haha Jen, I can easily imagine that.. it would be killer with a woman with a French accent.

One of my friends has an Aus acc and I have to think it is the loveliest accent in the world. I could easily live there and raise little Australian babies... and deal with the wiles of living down under. Also, Rabs, it's true, people from our area do have that specific "newsy" inflection. It's funny.

Yay for being #1

Not exactly compliments, more like observations. Apparently I say "a boat" instead of "about," you know, Canadian style.

Also, I tend to break into a Bostonian accent when I'm annoyed by traffic, like, "Move ya cah!! Ya friggin' retahhd!!"

Edited by Izzy24

It's time's like this that you realise that everybody's voice and accent is unique in there own way.

They definitely are, but I insist all accents were not created equal. I would -totally- have your guys' one if I could... and it'd rock so hard!

They definitely are, but I insist all accents were not created equal. I would -totally- have your guys' one if I could... and it'd rock so hard!

Lots of you guy's love the accent's of the Scottish , but you would't want to put up with the weather that we have too. :lol: I guess god had to give us something good to make up for that. :P

Lots of you guy's love the accent's of the Scottish , but you would't want to put up with the weather that we have too. :lol: I guess god had to give us something good to make up for that. :P

The image of a kilt-wearin' badass leveling some heathen viking (did Scots fight vikings? Anydangway...) with a five - nay - six foot long broad sword accompanied by the wailing of bagpipes and banging of war drums in the distance is somewhat appealing, yes. :D

Other notable Scots: Shrek...Tim the Enchanter :D

Serioulsy, love the accent (maybe not Shrek), and French makes me melt...if it's normal French...not like pompous French...I have an absolute ball visiting all of the countries in WDW. I always eat at the French restarant, and they bring your food and say "Voila" haha.

Also, when I worked at the Russian restarant I worked with a couple of Czechs and the young guy had a really cute accent...though, it's confusing because then I hear Dom....