• Please log in to reply
1823 replies to this topic

#21 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:18 PM

So, technically you are not bi-lingual, you just have a really great accent?

Why couldn't I have been born some country where I could automatically inherit a cool accent...

Posted Image

#22 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE(OsGOD @ June 1, 2007 - 07:14PM) View Post

I was sorta close...

The only Gaelic I have been witnessed to is from the book Timeline and Outlander.

Which is down right funny, because everytime Glasgo types in gaelic I picture Jamie talking <-- or at least the reading doing Jamie's voice laugh.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE(Offsides @ June 1, 2007 - 07:18PM) View Post

Why couldn't I have been born some country where I could automatically inherit a cool accent...

I've never really thaught of it as a great accent before , when you always speak like that I guess you never notice it . personally I've always thaught that the American accent was kinda cool ......so technically you guy's do have a great accent. smile.gif

Edited by glasgowcelticwing, 01 June 2007 - 01:29 PM.

^^Thanks Offsides^^
RIP PHIL O'DONNELL,1972-2007.
RIP TOMMY BURNS, 1956-2008 .
you'll never walk alone.

#23 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:43 PM

Hey Glasgo... what doees the word Sassenach mean in the phrase below from the book?

“Aye, I believe ye, Sassenach"

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#24 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE(OsGOD @ June 1, 2007 - 07:43PM) View Post

Hey Glasgo... what doees the word Sassenach mean in the phrase below from the book?

“Aye, I believe ye, Sassenach"

It's an English nickname for a Scot. smile.gif

^^Thanks Offsides^^
you'll never walk alone.

#25 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:06 PM

I think it says that in the book, Brandon...maybe not, though...it's been a long time since I read it.

Yeah, Scottish accents are the best, Glasgow...just ask me tongue.gif American accents are not so great, but I'm glad that you like them biggrin.gif

Posted Image

#26 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE(glasgowcelticwing @ June 1, 2007 - 02:47PM) View Post

It's an English nickname for a Scot. smile.gif

Thanks!

QUOTE(Offsides @ June 1, 2007 - 03:06PM) View Post

I think it says that in the book, Brandon...maybe not, though...it's been a long time since I read it.

Yeah, Scottish accents are the best, Glasgow...just ask me tongue.gif American accents are not so great, but I'm glad that you like them biggrin.gif

Aye... Desmond... yum laugh.gif tongue.gif

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#27 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(Offsides @ June 1, 2007 - 08:06PM) View Post

Yeah, Scottish accents are the best, Glasgow...just ask me tongue.gif American accents are not so great, but I'm glad that you like them

Oocchh Aye!!! tongue.gif hehe.gif I better shut the hell up or OsGod will want to beat the crap outta me. sad.gif scared.gif

Edited by glasgowcelticwing, 01 June 2007 - 02:20 PM.

^^Thanks Offsides^^
you'll never walk alone.

#28 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE(OsGOD @ June 1, 2007 - 03:10PM) View Post

Thanks!
Aye... Desmond... yum

You're creeping me out a bit on the yum part (I feel that you are making fun of me) but AYE, Desmond...I love him. By far the coolest living guy on LOST now.

And my second favorite Scot (behind Glasgow, of course) technically Henry Ian Cusick (actor who plays Des) was born in Peru, but his father was Scottish:

IPB Image

wub.gif

Ha ha, and then 3rd would be Davy Jones! But he's not as easy on the eyes.

QUOTE(glasgowcelticwing @ June 1, 2007 - 03:12PM) View Post

Oocchh Aye!!! tongue.gif hehe.gif I better shut the hell up or OsGod will want to beat the crap outta me.

wub.gif

Eh, OsGod's not so scary biggrin.gif You guys have a whole ocean between you. He doesn't seem to mind, anyway.

Edited by Offsides, 01 June 2007 - 02:41 PM.

Posted Image

#29 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE(glasgowcelticwing @ June 1, 2007 - 03:12PM) View Post

Oocchh Aye!!! tongue.gif hehe.gif I better shut the hell up or OsGod will want to beat the crap outta me. sad.gif scared.gif

Och! That's guid! tongue.gif

Actually I really do like the accent also...

Edited by OsGOD, 01 June 2007 - 02:49 PM.

#30 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE(Offsides @ June 1, 2007 - 08:39PM) View Post

You're creeping me out a bit on the yum part (I feel that you are making fun of me) but AYE, Desmond...I love him. By far the coolest living guy on LOST now.

And my second favorite Scot (behind Glasgow, of course) technically Henry Ian Cusick (actor who plays Des) was born in Peru, but his father was Scottish:

IPB Image

Ha ha, and then 3rd would be Davy Jones! But he's not as easy on the eyes.

Eh, OsGod's not so scary biggrin.gif You guys have a whole ocean between you. He doesn't seem to mind, anyway.

Yey ,I'm No1!!! .....I'm No 1!!!!! biggrin.gif

I knew all along that OsGod wouldn't want to beat me up, cause he's my buddy. smile.gif thumbup.gif
^^Thanks Offsides^^
you'll never walk alone.

#31 Izzy24

Izzy24

Hmm...

• HoF Booster
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE(Offsides @ June 1, 2007 - 12:18PM) View Post

Perhaps you were. I doubt people in Scotland are impressed by other Scots' accents. Much like other Michiganders aren't impressed by your accent, because they're used to it. You just have to go where it's not commonplace. I've received many comments (mostly in Colorado and California) about my "Michigan accent," whatever that is! You should go to Scotland and impress everyone there. biggrin.gif

Uh, the guy...the guy across the street is swee...sweeping his driveway and he...he...heduzzntevinow.

#32 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:38 PM

Ha ha, well, I've never heard of compliments on Michigan accents smile.gif but you never do know.

Other accents that I like: Brittish, French, Russian, Australian, Canadian...and so on and so forth.

QUOTE(glasgowcelticwing @ June 1, 2007 - 03:48PM) View Post

Yey ,I'm No1!!! .....I'm No 1!!!!! biggrin.gif

I knew all along that OsGod wouldn't want to beat me up, cause he's my buddy. smile.gif thumbup.gif

Yay for being #1

Yeah, I think OsGod has a crush on your accent, too tongue.gif

Posted Image

#33 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE(Offsides @ June 1, 2007 - 04:38PM) View Post

Ever since you got me reading Outlander (or listening to it for that matter) seeing the words typed makes me imagine them being said.... Never thought I would enjoy a book like that but darnit, I am hooked and looks like there are plenty more to read smile.gif Its crazy how reading words typed on here can trigger such things. I am hooked on the accent though smile.gif

#34 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE(OsGOD @ June 1, 2007 - 09:44PM) View Post

Ever since you got me reading Outlander (or listening to it for that matter) seeing the words typed makes me imagine them being said.... Never thought I would enjoy a book like that but darnit, I am hooked and looks like there are plenty more to read smile.gif Its crazy how reading words typed on here can trigger such things. I am hooked on the accent though

unsure.gif Dude!!......... i'm not gonna say 'Occh Aye'!!! for you too .....that just freaks me out!!! scared.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif
^^Thanks Offsides^^
you'll never walk alone.

#35 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:59 PM

Yes, OsGod doesn't deserve it, and it's a tad creepy smile.gif biggrin.gif

Posted Image

#36 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE(Offsides @ June 1, 2007 - 04:38PM) View Post

Ha ha, well, I've never heard of compliments on Michigan accents smile.gif but you never do know.

Other accents that I like: Brittish, French, Russian, Australian, Canadian...and so on and so forth.
Yay for being #1

Maybe not compliments, but definitely comments on the northern/midwestern accent a lot of us have with the really sharp vowel sounds or whatever. I get made fun of by all my friends who aren't from around here because of the way I pronounce certain words.

As for real "accents" I personally love Australian accents.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#37 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(Izzy24 @ June 1, 2007 - 03:25PM) View Post

Perhaps you were. I doubt people in Scotland are impressed by other Scots' accents. Much like other Michiganders aren't impressed by your accent, because they're used to it. You just have to go where it's not commonplace. I've received many comments (mostly in Colorado and California) about my "Michigan accent," whatever that is! You should go to Scotland and impress everyone there. biggrin.gif

When I was in New York for a bit everyone was like, you sound like the news. I was like unsure.gif

#38 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:09 PM

lol...that's funny!

New YAWK accents are cool, as are Baahhston....but I don't love the accents...they are just cool

Posted Image

#39 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE(Offsides @ June 1, 2007 - 04:09PM) View Post

lol...that's funny!

New YAWK accents are cool, as are Baahhston....but I don't love the accents...they are just cool

Yeah those accents are cool but someone mentioned the Australian accent?!?!? OMG those are so sexy! I had a patient come in once...A SURFER...that was Australian. While he was telling me what happened I was just staring into his aqua eyes and admiring his tan skin and basking in his accent. I don't even think I remember a word he said. All I know was he made me melt and I think he was talking about an ear infection. wub.gif

#40 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE(HenrikRules40 @ June 1, 2007 - 05:13PM) View Post

Yeah those accents are cool but someone mentioned the Australian accent?!?!? OMG those are so sexy! I had a patient come in once...A SURFER...that was Australian. While he was telling me what happened I was just staring into his aqua eyes and admiring his tan skin and basking in his accent. I don't even think I remember a word he said. All I know was he made me melt and I think he was talking about an ear infection. wub.gif

Haha that description made me kind of uncomfortable. But I feel where you're coming from; women with Australian accents drive me CRAZY.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users