1823 replies to this topic

#41 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE(SeeinRed @ June 1, 2007 - 04:18PM) View Post

Haha that description made me kind of uncomfortable.

blush.gif Sorry.

#42 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE(HenrikRules40 @ June 1, 2007 - 05:13PM) View Post

Yeah those accents are cool but someone mentioned the Australian accent?!?!? OMG those are so sexy! I had a patient come in once...A SURFER...that was Australian. While he was telling me what happened I was just staring into his aqua eyes and admiring his tan skin and basking in his accent. I don't even think I remember a word he said. All I know was he made me melt and I think he was talking about an ear infection. wub.gif

Ha ha, that's great. There's this really good looking guy at the mall who's french. And he sells lotions in a kiosk. It is evil. He gives you this hand massage with the lotion, and then tells you about the product in his French accent...it's all you can do to NOT buy pretty much everything at the kiosk smile.gif

Posted Image

#43 Flip-check

Flip-check

kicking ass and taking Cups

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE(HenrikRules40 @ June 1, 2007 - 05:07PM) View Post

When I was in New York for a bit everyone was like, you sound like the news. I was like unsure.gif

Haha Jen, I can easily imagine that.. it would be killer with a woman with a French accent.

One of my friends has an Aus acc and I have to think it is the loveliest accent in the world. I could easily live there and raise little Australian babies... and deal with the wiles of living down under. Also, Rabs, it's true, people from our area do have that specific "newsy" inflection. It's funny.

No, it's definitely excitement.

#44 Izzy24

Izzy24

Hmm...

• HoF Booster
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE(Offsides @ June 1, 2007 - 02:38PM) View Post

Ha ha, well, I've never heard of compliments on Michigan accents smile.gif but you never do know.

Other accents that I like: Brittish, French, Russian, Australian, Canadian...and so on and so forth.
Yay for being #1

Yeah, I think OsGod has a crush on your accent, too tongue.gif

Not exactly compliments, more like observations. Apparently I say "a boat" instead of "about," you know, Canadian style.
Also, I tend to break into a Bostonian accent when I'm annoyed by traffic, like, "Move ya cah!! Ya friggin' retahhd!!"

Edited by Izzy24, 01 June 2007 - 05:06 PM.

Uh, the guy...the guy across the street is swee...sweeping his driveway and he...he...heduzzntevinow.

#45 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:12 PM

It's time's like this that you realise that everybody's voice and accent is unique in there own way.
^^Thanks Offsides^^
RIP PHIL O'DONNELL,1972-2007.
RIP TOMMY BURNS, 1956-2008 .
you'll never walk alone.

#46 Flip-check

Flip-check

kicking ass and taking Cups

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(glasgowcelticwing @ June 1, 2007 - 06:12PM) View Post

It's time's like this that you realise that everybody's voice and accent is unique in there own way.

They definitely are, but I insist all accents were not created equal. I would -totally- have your guys' one if I could... and it'd rock so hard!

No, it's definitely excitement.

#47 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(Flip-check @ June 1, 2007 - 11:34PM) View Post

They definitely are, but I insist all accents were not created equal. I would -totally- have your guys' one if I could... and it'd rock so hard!

Lots of you guy's love the accent's of the Scottish , but you would't want to put up with the weather that we have too. laugh.gif I guess god had to give us something good to make up for that. tongue.gif
^^Thanks Offsides^^
you'll never walk alone.

#48 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE(glasgowcelticwing @ June 1, 2007 - 06:41PM) View Post

Lots of you guy's love the accent's of the Scottish , but you would't want to put up with the weather that we have too. laugh.gif I guess god had to give us something good to make up for that. tongue.gif

The image of a kilt-wearin' badass leveling some heathen viking (did Scots fight vikings? Anydangway...) with a five - nay - six foot long broad sword accompanied by the wailing of bagpipes and banging of war drums in the distance is somewhat appealing, yes. biggrin.gif
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#49 Izzy24

Izzy24

Hmm...

• HoF Booster
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:28 PM

I wanna be Duncan MacLeod! (I preferred the TV series to the movies).

Edited by Izzy24, 01 June 2007 - 06:30 PM.

Uh, the guy...the guy across the street is swee...sweeping his driveway and he...he...heduzzntevinow.

#50 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:34 PM

Other notable Scots: Shrek...Tim the Enchanter biggrin.gif

Serioulsy, love the accent (maybe not Shrek), and French makes me melt...if it's normal French...not like pompous French...I have an absolute ball visiting all of the countries in WDW. I always eat at the French restarant, and they bring your food and say "Voila" haha.

Also, when I worked at the Russian restarant I worked with a couple of Czechs and the young guy had a really cute accent...though, it's confusing because then I hear Dom....

Posted Image

#51 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE(Heroes of Hockeytown @ June 2, 2007 - 12:18AM) View Post

The image of a kilt-wearin' badass leveling some heathen viking (did Scots fight vikings? Anydangway...) with a five - nay - six foot long broad sword accompanied by the wailing of bagpipes and banging of war drums in the distance is somewhat appealing, yes. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Yeah , looking at our history ,Us Scotsmen have been known to get into a little scuffle now and again. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Offsides @ June 2, 2007 - 12:34AM) View Post

Other notable Scots: Shrek...Tim the Enchanter biggrin.gif

Serioulsy, love the accent (maybe not Shrek), and French makes me melt...if it's normal French...not like pompous French...I have an absolute ball visiting all of the countries in WDW. I always eat at the French restarant, and they bring your food and say "Voila" haha.

Also, when I worked at the Russian restarant I worked with a couple of Czechs and the young guy had a really cute accent...though, it's confusing because then I hear Dom....

Occhh Aye, Dae ye really love the Scottish accent that much??. tongue.gif laugh.gif

Sorry I couldn't help myself. biggrin.gif
^^Thanks Offsides^^
you'll never walk alone.

#52 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:26 PM

Scottish accent - hot.
British accent - hot.
French accent - hot.
Australian accent - hot.
Czech accent - hot.

Indian accent - NOT.

#53 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(HenrikRules40 @ June 2, 2007 - 01:26AM) View Post

Scottish accent - hot. British accent - hot.
French accent - hot.
Australian accent - hot.
Czech accent - hot.

Indian accent - NOT.

blush.gif

American girls accent - hot. biggrin.gif thumbup.gif
Don't care much for the dude's accent tho. tongue.gif laugh.gif

Edited by glasgowcelticwing, 01 June 2007 - 07:34 PM.

^^Thanks Offsides^^
you'll never walk alone.

#54 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(glasgowcelticwing @ June 1, 2007 - 07:30PM) View Post

blush.gif

American girls accent - hot. biggrin.gif thumbup.gif
Don't care much for the dude's accent tho. tongue.gif laugh.gif

Niiiiiiiiiice. I see what you did there. What a stud! *swoon*

#55 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(HenrikRules40 @ June 2, 2007 - 01:39AM) View Post

cool.gif laugh.gif
^^Thanks Offsides^^
you'll never walk alone.

#56 amberlynn25

amberlynn25

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 521 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(HenrikRules40 @ June 1, 2007 - 08:26PM) View Post

Scottish accent - hot.
British accent - hot.
French accent - hot.
Australian accent - hot.
Czech accent - hot.

Indian accent - NOT.

you forgot Canadian. lol well its hot to me. they do talk differently then us peoples in the states. lol
I get up every day, and I live. Everybody says you should live to the fullest, but what is it? No one knows until you come so close that you're not worried about anything else but being alive."~ Jiri Fischer
my heart belongs to a canadian!

#57 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE(glasgowcelticwing @ June 1, 2007 - 07:41PM) View Post

laugh.gif Yeah , looking at our history ,Us Scotsmen have been known to get into a little scuffle now and again. biggrin.gif
Occhh Aye, Dae ye really love the Scottish accent that much??.

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

wub.gif

QUOTE(HenrikRules40 @ June 1, 2007 - 08:26PM) View Post

Scottish accent - hot.
British accent - hot.
French accent - hot.
Australian accent - hot.
Czech accent - hot.

Indian accent - NOT.

oooh, I agree, those are all hot...except I'm 50/50 on Czech accents, but mostly they are good. I will add that Russian accents are hot, and new German can be too!

QUOTE(HenrikRules40 @ June 1, 2007 - 08:39PM) View Post

Glasgow = Official Stud of LGW ... but I discovered him...so...back off laugh.gif wink.gif

QUOTE(amberlynn25 @ June 1, 2007 - 11:01PM) View Post

you forgot Canadian. lol well its hot to me. they do talk differently then us peoples in the states. lol

Agreed. I think Canadian accents are cute...I can almost always tell when there are Canadians in my class or something. It's a cute lilt, but not annoying like some American accents.

Posted Image

#58 amberlynn25

amberlynn25

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 521 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE(Offsides @ June 1, 2007 - 11:08PM) View Post

Agreed. I think Canadian accents are cute...I can almost always tell when there are Canadians in my class or something. It's a cute lilt, but not annoying like some American accents.

when nathan and i started talkin he told me i talked funny. he told me I said Ottawa funny. tho id make fun of him for house and about. they do say it different. lol. im used to it now. eh is my fave. and yet that only started fromt he movie strange brew...same with hoser.
I get up every day, and I live. Everybody says you should live to the fullest, but what is it? No one knows until you come so close that you're not worried about anything else but being alive."~ Jiri Fischer
my heart belongs to a canadian!

#59 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:23 PM

Allright Offsides or whoever else that wants to get involved...

These questions have been bugging the hell out of me lately and have been keeping me up late at night over the past month. Maybe you could help me get some answers...

Why is PI 3.14159265? What is so special about PI, and why should I care about it? How does it impact my life?

Are all strippers dumb?

Why do some camels have one hump, while others have two? Is the two-humped camel more special than the one-humped camel because of an extra hump?

Where is the place that no man has gone to before, and why can’t I go there?

Why are sumo wrestlers so fat, and why can’t they just wear pants like everybody else?

Why are squirrels so fortunate to have ownership of multiple nuts? What makes them so special that they can have more than two?

Why does Yosemite Sam have a bad temper, and why is he always so mean to Bugs Bunny?

Are those real? What are those? What is so special about those? Can I have those?

Is Dino really a dinosaur, or is he a dog?

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 01 June 2007 - 10:24 PM.

#60 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE(Offsides @ June 1, 2007 - 10:08PM) View Post

Glasgow = Official Stud of LGW ... but I discovered him...so...back off laugh.gif wink.gif

Ooooooooooooo I'm so jealous!!! But it's true...Ross is the official stud of LGW. Ross! Change your member title to "Official stud of LGW as per HR40." DO IT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users