• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Offsides

Random Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Because they are.

Think about it from a neutral standpoint.

The government is not an individual. It is made up of a large number of people, and a large number of groups of people. In order for the government to tell us anything, it must be approved by several people and involve still others in the dissemination of said information. Therefore, anything that the government tells us is something that a joint effort has been put forth for the purpose of telling us.

The question is not whether or not they have conspired, but whether or not they are lying to us.

Given that the government is led by individuals who are elected based on how well they can fit their personal agenda into that of their constituents, and given that their constituency can not agree on anything, it is pretty safe to assume that they have, in order to get elected, lied or at least put a spin on things.

Once they have been elected, they must continue to do so in order to maintain their post.

Therefore, if the "government" tells us anything, it is a bunch of people who are accustomed to lying, spinning, or omitting as they see fit.

A lot of people who question the government are accurate. A lot are freaks. Some are mentally unbalanced. Others want attention. And then there are those who are running against the established government.

All are conspiracy theorists. Some of them are just more accurate than others.

Great post. Thanks for putting the time into that reply. :clap:

People get tired of talking about it, but I don't feel people realize what's really going on, and i'm glad you seem to have your "eyes wide open" on the situation. :thumbup:

Great post. Thanks for putting the time into that reply. :clap:

People get tired of talking about it, but I don't feel people realize what's really going on, and i'm glad you seem to have your "eyes wide open" on the situation. :thumbup:

Not a problem. The aliens beamed it down from the Mothership that fabricated Obama from left-over DNA from their home planet. The government is now in their hands. They want us to question authority so that there will be anarchy. We are doomed.

(I'm just kidding, btw.)

Not a problem. The aliens beamed it down from the Mothership that fabricated Obama from left-over DNA from their home planet. The government is now in their hands. They want us to question authority so that there will be anarchy. We are doomed.

(I'm just kidding, btw.)

:hehe: i'm not that bad! :P

Talking to a few friends yesterday I was labeled a conspiracy theorist, so I figured i'd toss it out there on LGW and see what anyone thought :P

A story of my extreme klutziness:

This morning when I took out the oatmeal to make breakfast, it knocked over a jar of peanut butter, which knocked over a bottle of mustard, which fell out of the cabinet and hit a large, sharp butcher knife, which fell off the counter and landed on my right big toe. Which proceeded to bleed all over the kitchen. Given how sharp and heavy this knife is, I'm probably lucky it didn't cut my toe OFF. Instead it just split my toenail neatly in half and caused a lot of bleeding. Moral of the story: maybe oatmeal isn't really a health food.

I wonder why the weather service taunts us with the idea of a tropical storm and maybe some rain (we've had none here for about a year)... and then go: "oh, gee, sorry that it's really NOT coming to Central Texas, after all. Our bad..."

STFU, weather forecasters. :ranting: I knew when you were hooting and spewing about this weekend and the possibility of rain, that the chances were ZERO that it would happen. <_<

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

A story of my extreme klutziness:

This morning when I took out the oatmeal to make breakfast, it knocked over a jar of peanut butter, which knocked over a bottle of mustard, which fell out of the cabinet and hit a large, sharp butcher knife, which fell off the counter and landed on my right big toe. Which proceeded to bleed all over the kitchen. Given how sharp and heavy this knife is, I'm probably lucky it didn't cut my toe OFF. Instead it just split my toenail neatly in half and caused a lot of bleeding. Moral of the story: maybe oatmeal isn't really a health food.

You don't keep your mustard in the fridge?

I always thought the phrase, "cut the mustard" was strange. Mustard is mooshy and squishy. Why would you cut it with a knife?

I am sure, in literal terms, they were talking about tough mustard greens or hard little mustard seeds... but the image I have is someone slicing up a glob of Frenches' yellow goo. :lol:

It's actually "cut the muster" from when they would muster the troops and those troops who passed inspection (or "made the cut") were said to "cut the muster".

Of course, it's been around for so long that some people insist that it is actually mustard and that the muster thing is just conjecture, so to each their own.

Kind of like "nip it in the butt" for "nip it in the bud", but as a rose grower, I'm sure you know about nipping problem buds before they reach their full head.

I have a friend who has a mild brain injury, and who often (amusingly and very sweetly) mangles the language. We were in Toronto years ago, and it was very chilly, as it tends to be there. My other friend mentioned that it was a bit nippy outside.

Dee's interpretation: "My goodness, it IS nippley out here!"

Gets the job done, eh? :lol:

I used to work with a lady who didn't read that well. Apparently she mis-read an expression which cracked me up when she used it. If she didn't like something, she'd "avoid it like the plaque".

Not that plaque shouldn't be avoided.