• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zetterbergfuturemvp

Ritola, Ryno sign 3-year entry-level contracts

Rate this topic

he did ?? thats good news then , i just havent seen any news on any other sites

I'm sure I saw in the Ritola thread, posted by one of our Swedish posting friends.

For those of you wondering, Johan Ryno has told Swedish paper City that he and the Red Wings have agreed on him playing another year in Sweden. He will most likely sign with the Wings before the June 1st deadline, though.
Edited by glasgowcelticwing

thats great news ! , now i hope they will sign may and/or stamler .........and i dont anticipate them signing lofberg but it would be nice if they took a chance and signed him since they did believe in him so much at one point

i just checked our 2005 draft picks and its too soon to tell obviously , but wow , looks good , 5 of the top 6 are signed

RD NO POS NAME TEAM

1 19 D Jakub Kindl Kitchener (OHL)

2 42 F Justin Abdelkader Cedar Rapids (USHL)

3 80 F Christofer Lofberg Djurgarden (SWE)

4 103 F Mattias Ritola Leksands (SWE-J20)

5 132 F Darren Helm Medicine Hat (WHL)

5 137 F Johan Ryno Kumla (SWE-2)

5 151 D Jeff May Prince Albert (WHL)

6 175 D Juho Mielonen Ilves Tampere (FIN-JR)

7 214 D Bretton Stamler Seattle (WHL)

Edited by zetterbergfuturemvp

well its official they let go of the other 8 prospects , i was kinda hoping theyd sign at least may (6'2 196pds) or stamler (6'1 207 pds ) , could never have too many defensive prospects and would of been nice to keep lofberg , who knows maybe theyll redraft him in the last round and hope he progress's in the next 2 yrs , i wouldnt be surprised if someone takes lofberg just cause they know our past drafting history and takes a chance lol

I'm really surprised that they let both May and Stamler go . Is this definetly official??

yup

Ryno, Ritola sign contracts

Talented Swedish duo en route, eight others set free ...

The Detroit Red Wings signed Swedish forwards Johan Ryno and Mattias Ritola to three-year entry-level contracts on Friday.

Meanwhile, they relinquished the rights to eight other prospects: Christofer Lofberg, Jeff May, Juho Mielonen, Bretton Stamler, Andreas Sundin, Stefan Blom, Tomas Kollar and Mikael Johansson.

yup

The Detroit Red Wings signed Swedish forwards Johan Ryno and Mattias Ritola to three-year entry-level contracts on Friday.

Meanwhile, they relinquished the rights to eight other prospects: Christofer Lofberg, Jeff May, Juho Mielonen, Bretton Stamler, Andreas Sundin, Stefan Blom, Tomas Kollar and Mikael Johansson.

a guy that nobody talks about is jan mursak with the sprit in the ohl he is a few years away but has potential

yup

That definetly sucks. I thaught that they should have signed up May , Stamler and Lofberg put them with the Griffins and there they could have at most either proved themselves to be good player's, and at the least they could have filled out the roster.

That definetly sucks. I thaught that they should have signed up May , Stamler and Lofberg put them with the Griffins and there they could have at most either proved themselves to be good player's, and at the least they could have filled out the roster.

this is probably why they didnt sign more ..........says somethin about having a limit of 50 contracts + next year they should sign larsson,dick and anton axelsson ,kolosov and maybe pyett

Both are expected to come to training camp in the fall but could spend another year developing in Sweden.

In that scenario, the Red Wings are on the hook for the players' signing bonuses, but the European clubs would likely pay at least a large portion of the players' salaries. A year of the contracts would elapse, but the Red Wings would be spared hefty IIHF transfer fees.

The Red Wings are entering into the signing of Europeans cautiously under the new collective bargaining agreement. Because of a 50-man contract limit, signing too many Europeans for overseas development leaves fewer contracts for filling out minor-league rosters.

this is probably why they didnt sign more ..........says somethin about having a limit of 50 contracts + next year they should sign larsson,dick and anton axelsson ,kolosov and maybe pyett

Both are expected to come to training camp in the fall but could spend another year developing in Sweden.

In that scenario, the Red Wings are on the hook for the players' signing bonuses, but the European clubs would likely pay at least a large portion of the players' salaries. A year of the contracts would elapse, but the Red Wings would be spared hefty IIHF transfer fees.

The Red Wings are entering into the signing of Europeans cautiously under the new collective bargaining agreement. Because of a 50-man contract limit, signing too many Europeans for overseas development leaves fewer contracts for filling out minor-league rosters.

Thanks bud. :thumbup: I didn't realise that's what happened now. It just seem's a shame to lose a few descent prospect's because of this.

Way to go , the "new NHL". <_<:thumbdown:

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

ya pretty much sucks , dont know why they did that ........i just read this...

That 50-man roster limit--which includes every player under contract to the Red Wings' NHL and/or AHL teams, as well as prospects under contract (ex. Jan Mursak, Darren Helm, Jakub Kindl, Cory Emmerton, Igor Grigorenko)--is what limited the Wings' ability to sign "on the fence" prospects like Jeff May and Juho Mielonen.

so its pretty much our nhl/ahl teams and prospects so i dont know how were suppose to sign our group of players next season if we gotta keep 50 ?? larsson and dick axelsson are 2 guys i got high hopes for

Ryno has great potential and hopefully he'll come over soon. He won't learn to use his size properly in Sweden. The Lang comments about this kid are unwarranted. When given the chance he's played quite well. Frölunda gave him nothing. In Timrå he was decent. And for the Swedish Juniors he showed some potential. I have great hopes for this kid.

Edit: In the Swedish paper Aftonbladet there's an article about the Ryno-signing where HÃ¥kan Andersson talks about probably signing "players like Anton Axelsson and Dick Axelsson".

Edited by SweWings

The Lang comments about this kid are unwarranted.
I'm not so sure. I've always thought he looks kind of lazy out there occasionally. For instance, he doesn't seem to like backcheckling a whole lot, and I've never seen him accelerate hard to blow by a defenseman.