• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CenterIce

Gordie Howe Autograph Signing

Rate this topic

what does gordie think he is jesus i mean come on 100+ for an autograph. thats insane mr hockey or not i would never pay that much for one

and that why steve is my hero and not him

I don't begrudge him it as he didn't make as much as the guys now. I wouldn't really pay it because he's not my favorite, but I dunno...at least he makes himself available...some guys won't even sign at all.

At least Gordie is out signing..... Where oh where is stevie signing ever?

I betcha he would be $200+ if he ever came out to a signing. (and I am not talking about random on the street... oh hay stevie... can you sign this) I am talking about in a store with promoters and stuff.

Edited by OsGOD

I've been told from an extremely reliable source that Yzerman once turned down a deal where he'd make $100,000 for two hours of autographs because he'd rather spend that time with his family and it wasn't worth it to him.

Yzerman is a private guy and he's worth so much money that he doesn't even find it worthwhile to spend two hours signing autographs for $100,000.

and that why steve is my hero and not him

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

So you choose a hero that doesn't sign for ANY PRICE over one that does? :unsure:

Savvy?

When Howe's authorized autobiography (And... Howe! isbn 0964714906) came out in 1995, Gordie offered to sign any copy of the book for free. If you couldn't get him to sign it in person, you could send it to him and he'd sign it and sent it back. I got a copy at home in my bookcase. You can probably pick one up off ebay for less than $20.

Steve gives his out for free, he just doesn't go to public signings. My dads friend saw Steve, lids, ozzy, and i think he said homer, at a tigers game and they were all giving our signatures for free.

and that stuff about Howe not getting enough money is crap, yes maybe not when he was playing, but today with all the public things he does, i can bet he makes a ton.

plus I got something in for Howe, he was supposed to come to my school my freshmen year but canceld last second because the amount of money wasnt worth his time. If he realy needed the money he would have came.

Steve gives his out for free, he just doesn't go to public signings. My dads friend saw Steve, lids, ozzy, and i think he said homer, at a tigers game and they were all giving our signatures for free.

and that stuff about Howe not getting enough money is crap, yes maybe not when he was playing, but today with all the public things he does, i can bet he makes a ton.

plus I got something in for Howe, he was supposed to come to my school my freshmen year but canceld last second because the amount of money wasnt worth his time. If he realy needed the money he would have came.

Gordie Howe also gives his out for free when found in public. This be a promotional event. He be signing at a specific store and has promoters, th' store and other vendors that want a cut o' th' action.... don't kid yourself th' amount o' take home (if any) be next to nothing. Savvy?

what does gordie think he is jesus i mean come on 100+ for an autograph. thats insane mr hockey or not i would never pay that much for one

I would pay that , You don't get many chance's to get something personalised by one the Hockey's great's . lots people will pay it.

Not Hockey related but I paid 350 pounds (around between 6 or 7 hundred US dollars I think ?? , not sure) To get a framed signed autographed picture of my Soccer hero Henrik Larsson scoring a goal in the Uefa Cup Final. I would pay it again cause it's priceless to me.

I heard a story once that Steve doesn't do individual signings because he once had something he signed for a kid go right onto e-bay. He doesn't like the fact that people send kids up to them to later sell the stuff for profit. He does offer autographed stuff on the web, but you would probably have to run into him to get a "personalized" autograph.

About Gordie, his stuff is expensive, but it is Mr. Hockey. Plus, his wife is sick, so they probably have huge medical bills. I have seen a lot more advertisments for him signing in the area than usual.

I heard a story once that Steve doesn't do individual signings because he once had something he signed for a kid go right onto e-bay. He doesn't like the fact that people send kids up to them to later sell the stuff for profit. He does offer autographed stuff on the web, but you would probably have to run into him to get a "personalized" autograph.

Heard Barry say the same thing about random signings for kids up in the front rows of the SilverDome back in the day. Said he saw too many times during the season - would sign something "for a kid" only to IMMEDIATELY see the kid hand it to an adult for an impromptu auction a few rows back. Personalized stuff was the way to go for him. Sorta a bummer for all.

Personally I wouldn't give a red cent for any body's signature. I own a pen, it is full of ink, and can look up how to spell almost any name.

Yzerman has done signings in the past, and the most recent one I can remember was in 2004 (I think feb) and at that time the fee was 100. USD. In retrospect, I should've have gotten one (my personal opinion) but it was a private signing, so you didn't actually get to meet him, so I didn't want to spend that kind of money and not even get to meet him. Kind of a bummer. I would give my left.....arm for an autograph from him, though. :(

I don't begrudge him it as he didn't make as much as the guys now. I wouldn't really pay it because he's not my favorite, but I dunno...at least he makes himself available...some guys won't even sign at all.

That's kind of how I feel. While I don't like to see guys charging for stuff like that 1) he didn't make nearly the cash the players make now and 2) alot of scumbags auction the autograph off on ebay right away. Not that paying for it would inhibit those losers. In fact, I know that's why Hull and others restrict their signings - because they wind up on ebay...can't blame them.

If I lived closer - I'd certainly pay the $100. He's old and he's a legend - there are not many of them around. Plus, I ate at his restaurant several years back in Traverse City - they say he shows up there and hangs out sometimes and is completely accessible to fans....

It was 15 years ago that I received the final autograph on my 2 Production Line Pictures. Mr. Howes. It was free the morning after I was married. The ex took one and was never a hockey fan...Thank God she did not recognize the face or name on alt my Konstantinov autographs...F**K YOU CHRISTINE...May your soul die a thousand deaths.. for every wrong you did me... :drunk::spar:

Edited by Production Line

I've been told from an extremely reliable source that Yzerman once turned down a deal where he'd make $100,000 for two hours of autographs because he'd rather spend that time with his family and it wasn't worth it to him.

Yzerman is a private guy and he's worth so much money that he doesn't even find it worthwhile to spend two hours signing autographs for $100,000.

I don't doubt this at all. Steve Yzerman is a different bird and it's why I love him. While other athletes are fighting and clawing for every inch of adulation and fanfare, this guy runs from it. Just look at his jersey retirement ceremony. The guy spent the entire time downplaying his career and heaping praise on others.

Saying that, I'd love to get Yzerman's autograph some day, even if he was 80 years old.

P.S. I know that a lot of charities come to him to sign autographs for their cause. I wouldn't doubt it if Yzerman simply cut a check for what they needed so he could remain out of the limelight and with his family.