• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
puckloo39

LGW GDT: Finals, Game 3 Sens vs. Ducks

Rate this topic

For those still watching --

Storyline: If the Senators lose this game, it will only be a matter of time before the Ducks win their first Stanley Cup. This is the most important game in Ottawa's modern history. What they have to do to be successful is find a way to create some scoring chances and get some shots on goal.

Positives: The Ducks are now 11-2 in one-goal games this playoff season. That's one short of the post-season record shared by the 2003 Ducks and the 1993 Canadiens. Of the 30 home teams who won the first two games of the Stanley Cup final since the best-of-seven format was introduced in 1939, 29 went on to win the series. The only team that lost was the 1971 Chicago Blackhawks.

Ottawa's Wade Redden, Anton Volchenknov and Tom Preissing led both teams with four blocked shots each in Game 2. Corey Perry and Rob Niedermayer led the Ducks with four shots each. The Senators blocked 20 shots to Anaheim's 13. Mike Fisher and Volchenkov led the Senators with four hits each. The Ducks were 59 per cent in the faceoff circle.

Negatives: In Game 2, Daniel Alfredsson led both teams with six giveaways. Jason Spezza was close behind with four. Of Ottawa's forwards, Dean McAmmond, Chris Neil, Chris Kelly, Antoine Vermette and Christoph Schubert didn't have a shot in Game 2. Surprisingly, the Ducks had 22 giveaways.

The Senators were only 41 per cent in the faceoff circle. Shawn Thornton played the least amount of time on either team, at two minutes 22 seconds. Oleg Saprykin, in for Patrick Eaves, played the least amount of time on the Senators (7:31).

Who's missing:

Senators: no one (aside from Martin Gerber, who disappeared early last season under mysterious circumstances).

Ducks, LW Chris Kunitz (broken right hand)

Go, Sens, Go... this one is the Cloutier Game, and will turn the series, one way or the other.

Edited by puckloo39

Guest bullocks

I got Ducks in 6 before the series started. Hopefully the Sens win it tho.

Thanks to many of the Red Wing fan supporting the Senators. It seems like many fans don't think it is possible to come back from 2-0 and lots more that are enjoying the Senators struggles.

I still believe this team can pull it through, if Anaheim and Edmonton could do it, so too can the Senators.

Go Sens Go!!

:D

Does anyone know the name/artist that does the song CBC is using for the finals pre-game intro? Country/rock-ish, with lyrics that go something like, "All the big guns gonna come out tonight, the place'll be rockin' 'cause it's Saturday Night"?

GO SENS! I KNOW you're too good for the broom!

Does anyone know the name/artist that does the song CBC is using for the finals pre-game intro? Country/rock-ish, with lyrics that go something like, "All the big guns gonna come out tonight, the place'll be rockin' 'cause it's Saturday Night"?

GO SENS! I KNOW you're too good for the broom!

I think it is Bryan Adams...not sure of the name of the song.

I think it is Bryan Adams...not sure of the name of the song.

Thanks, it could have been him. I've found a couple of references to it, evidently it's an old HNIC/Leafs staple dusted off for the SCF(although I've been watching HNIC for many years now, I don't remember ever hearing it. It does sound a bit 80's, though). Could have been Loverboy?