• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
puckloo39

LGW GDT: Finals, Game 3 Sens vs. Ducks

Rate this topic

Boy what a game. The second time that they went down by one, I thought that their goose was cooked. Fortunately they continued to perservere. They had great puck possession but played very poorly defensively. Luckily they won the game. I hope Pronger rots for his elbow to the head!

Oh dont get me wrong , I always liked Schwab ! Just whenever he got beat on a goal , most of the time he was getting moved laterally quickly , thing is , he was a better athlete then Giguere , and thinking about it , He was probably better then Giguere.

Hmmmm , I guess the only comparison that could be made to Giguere is Giguere.

Well, ok. I remember you mentioning him before, so I always assumed you didn't like him. Again, while he wasn't a starting calibre goalie, he was a pretty dependable backup.

I am not saying Ray is comparable to Dom but doesn't his style slightly resemble the king of elasticity? I know I have said this before but the WTF was that Ray? Reminds me of the Dom. Anyone?

(I will admit to a little of Lou's angst-- a fight woulda been :cool:

I kinda feel like i got the shaft this game, 2 goal seperation in the closing minute with Neil on the ice seemed like a ripe situation for a scrap or two :(

Corey Schwabb is my boy! He annihilated Tommy Soderstrom...sign him up!

Well, ok. I remember you mentioning him before, so I always assumed you didn't like him. Again, while he wasn't a starting calibre goalie, he was a pretty dependable backup.

I remeber in either 99/00 or 00/01 when CuJo got injured , Schwab came in and went on a tear going like 6-1-2 or something. He was also goofy like Spezza in interviews , his laugh was always the worst one , it sounded like Goofy :lol:

I am not saying Ray is comparable to Dom but doesn't his style slightly resemble the king of elasticity? I know I have said this before but the WTF was that Ray? Reminds me of the Dom. Anyone?

Ray is a much bigger guy, but he plays with the same athletic abandon Dom did when he was at the top of his game. Ray is still emerging, I think, and you have not seen his best work yet. He watched Hasek for a year, don't forget, and Dom as usual spent considerable time with Ray, working on his game. So, if you see a few Dom moves, I wouldn't be surprised.

In game two, Emery tossed his goal stick down and stopped a puck with his blocker hand. Aside from Dom, I don't see very many goalies do that.

We don't have many interesting, character goalies anymore, just Dom really. Ray is at least interesting!

Sometimes he reminds me of Dom. There were some plays where I thought, "wow, that was really Dom-like".

Ray is a much bigger guy, but he plays with the same athletic abandon Dom did when he was at the top of his game. Ray is still emerging, I think, and you have not seen his best work yet. He watched Hasek for a year, don't forget, and Dom as usual spent considerable time with Ray, working on his game. So, if you see a few Dom moves, I wouldn't be surprised.

In game two, Emery tossed his goal stick down and stopped a puck with his blocker hand. Aside from Dom, I don't see very many goalies do that.

We don't have many interesting, character goalies anymore, just Dom really. Ray is at least interesting!

I totally agree. I am not making an arguement that he is Dom or equal. I am not sure about Emery's future but I lik him much better then the pillow bag at the other end. I just enjoy watching him. The diving stick save tonight was awsome...

I will put it this way. I am a bandwagon Rayzor fan.... :crazy:

This was kind of an interesting game for me because I am a total homebody and watch all the games in my own family room. But I happen to be on business in Toronto - so i checked out a local bar to watch the game. Most people cheering for the Sens - but a fair number of cheers for the Duckies too (Leafs fans??). Anyhow I wore my wings shirt and got no comments. It also cracks me up that hockey coverage is pretty much on here 24-7. I need to go to sleep so I can get up for my meeting but I can't stop watching it! Maybe I should move here! lol

I enjoyed the game. Any Stanley Cup Final game featuring fighting majors is worth something. Hopefully the bad blood escalates and they go at it even more in game 4. We have a series now!

forgettable, indeed!

Pronger is such an ***, I would love to forget him permanently.

"I don't know," Pronger said, when asked if he might face disciplinary action, even though he wasn't penalized for the hit. "I was just stepping up and finishing my check and I don't really know what happened after that."

Now, he has amnesia??? Please suspend him for the playoffs, NHL. This is not an example of what the sport is about. <_<

Anyone want to argue this was a clean hit? I didn't think so...

Edited by puckloo39