• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrSandMan

Ducks; A disgrace to NHL? Trend for good ol' hockey going to the

Rate this topic

You sound like obstruction in the game is a brand new invention. Is it legal, no, but you post like the Ducks are the only team in the history of the planet to do this. This has been going on in the league for a while. Sorry, I don't take a camera and analyze every single detail of every single play, I'd rather enjoy the games instead of figuing out what is constantly wrong with a team taking notes every 30 seconds.. The Ducks play aggressive but people, especially you, are just overblowing how they play completely because of Pronger's stupid decisions. I can guarantee you if the Wings were in the Finals and played physical (I already know you are going to come back at me with BUT THE WINGS DON'T PLAY LIKE THAT, they are perfect honorable gentlemen, etc., so save it), people would be brushing it aside and defending the Wings actions saying "Them's the breaks, we got to play physical to play this game and win." Etc. etc.

Don't remember seeing that.

Sorry, but you are letting the dispicable actions of one person to just completely overdramtize and overanalyze how a team plays.

*awaits you don't know hockey comment and you haven't watched past games comments*

pssh u so wrong u dont know hockey and you havent seen past games... o wait..

i agree with u one person does not = whole team :thumbup:

Don't remember seeing that.

Sorry, but you are letting the dispicable actions of one person to just completely overdramtize and overanalyze how a team plays.

I believe it was the same game where corey was mic'd up and he was threatening Sammy and Dats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUr_qek_W2I

It was a play similar to the one at the end of that clip but Perry backhand punched hasek twice while sitting on him.

I don't believe I am letting one(1) person actions generalize the plays for the entire team... I just have to look no further than the Neidermeyer brothers, Corey Perry, Ryan Getsalaugh, Brad May ... etc. The cross checks the slew foots.... they just keep adding up the longer this team stays in the playoffs.

While searching for the Mic'd up vid... found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA4MpSz5P-Y&NR=1 Man I miss avery... if nothing more than to do this :)

Edited by OsGOD

That was little Andy McDonald who swatted Hasek in the face. It was nothing. I'm a goalie, so I know what it's like to get hit in the face by player paraphernalia. That was nothing. Mac is NOT 5'10" He might be 5'8" so it's not like he had some huge beast standing on him or something... We crash the net. It's not a sin as long as we don't get over zealous or start to interfere with the goalie. I think goalies have gotten a little too pathetic in the fact that they whine when they get touched. They need to learn to suck it up.

EDIT: To clarify point...

Edited by Duckette

That was little Andy McDonald who swatted Hasek in the face. It was nothing. I'm a goalie, so I know what it's like to get hit in the face by player paraphernalia. That was nothing. Mac is NOT 5'10" He might be 5'8" so it's not like he had some huge beast standing on him or something... We crash the net. It's not a sin as long as we don't get over zealous or start to interfere with the goalie. I think goalies have gotten a little too pathetic in the fact that they whine when they get touched. They need to learn to suck it up.

EDIT: To clarify point...

See Mrsandman... it is all just brushed off as crashing the net.

Then the NHL needs to lift the rules on not being allowed to hit the 'tender.... Its a rule of the game you can't touch them. If Hasek gets a penalty for "pointing" his stick at a player... then by all means Mac should get a penalty for actually HITTING a goalie.

If it was legal to hit a goalie, then the NHL would have lifted the Goaltender interference rule across the board... just not for then mighty ducks are "crashing the net"

It seems to me that ever since they dropped the "mighty" off of their name they have lost a part of their masculinity... thus using cheap shots and dirty hits to try to gain masculinity again. :P <--- My thoughts, not yours!

Edited by OsGOD

I hated watching the last two SCF. I actually find the Ducks alot more exciting than alot of teams.I do think that if they are going to take so many penalties, a team of equal talent should make them pay for that. Well that team was the Wings and we just couldn't swqing it. Sandman you're still bitter about the Wings losing - try to take the PRonger thing out of the WCF series - and you'll find that was a great, fun hockey series- and we didn't come up on the winning end. I don't hear people bashing the Sharks as much because we beat them....

I agree with you. The Ducks aren't that bad to watch at all-there's lots of skill there. I have to give them some credit--and as you say, if the other team can't make 'em pay for the penalties that's their tough luck (literally). I'm as frustrated that we didn't take advantage of their foibles as the next person. I figured it would come down to bounces and it basically did. We missed our chance to advance. Well I'm still damn proud of my guys, though :clap:

I can guarantee you if the Wings were in the Finals and played physical (I already know you are going to come back at me with BUT THE WINGS DON'T PLAY LIKE THAT, they are perfect honorable gentlemen, etc., so save it), people would be brushing it aside and defending the Wings actions saying "Them's the breaks, we got to play physical to play this game and win." Etc. etc.

The Wings beat the Sharks and Flames, two teams generally praised for their physical game. The Wings beat those teams largely due to being MORE PHYSICAL.

[/font]

Yet the Wings still played clean hockey for three rounds.

It's like I said before..the biggest reason the Wings lost to the Ducks was the fact the Wings were missing two of their top three defensemen--Schneider missing was huge for the PP, and without Kronwall there was nobody suitable to fill in for him.

I'd like to see how the Ducks would have done had they been missing Beauchemin and Pronger all series while the Wings were 100% healthy. Wings likely would have swept with Niedermayer being the only capable defenseman left on the squad.

I'd like to see how the Ducks would have done had they been missing Beauchemin and Pronger all series while the Wings were 100% healthy. Wings likely would have swept with Niedermayer being the only capable defenseman left on the squad.

You can also chaulk Holmer up to the causualties as he was never same after the Orgy in Corner with Neids and Prongs

Yeah, if Markov was to skate over to giggy and wack him across the helmet we'd get a 5 minute major. Markov isn't that big, really.

You're kidding me, right? You're comparing a stick across the helmet and a knock on the mask? Are you an idiot? And yes, goalies should learn to suck up the little bumps. Checking shouldn't be allowed, but when your own damn team puts the opposing players on top of you, don't whine about it. Suck it up and move on. If anyone whacked any goalie across the helmet they'd be in trouble, but Mac didn't skate by and just blindside Hasek. He got knocked down onto him and then knocked him on the cage a couple of times. Compare to the pucks Hasek gets hit with, that shouldn't be a big deal.

There's really no reason in arguing with you. You are the most illogical and irrational person I have ever interacted with. It's just ridiculous!

The vote is already in 523,000 fans watching game 1 and 446,000 fans watching game 2 in the US can't be wrong. Of course it's good for hockey. :crazy:

What does the NHL expect when the first two games of the SCF are on Versus? :crazy: I still cannot believe that NBC didn't cover those games. Let's see what the game 3 ratings were when they actually got on a network....

Also, if Americans knew someone was going to get knocked out onto the ice bleeding, the ratings would surely rise....sad but true.

Don't blame the Ducks. I give Burke 100% kudos for banking on the fact that the new NHL has its head up its ass.

amazing aint it? we're talking about the same guy who thought dan clouisuck could win a stanley cup.

I still believe that if th' rule states ye do not touch a goaltender... that should extend to "swating" at th' goalie even aft being hit into him. Given th' rules put in place by th' board o' governers for th' NHL, th' only contact with th' goalie should be a spray to th' face with ice... If ye be hit into th' goalie yer first and only action should be getting out o' th' net and off o' him. Savvy?

I still believe that if th' rule states ye do not touch a goaltender... that should extend to "swating" at th' goalie even aft being hit into him. Given th' rules put in place by th' board o' governers for th' NHL, th' only contact with th' goalie should be a spray to th' face with ice... If ye be hit into th' goalie yer first and only action should be getting out o' th' net and off o' him. Savvy?

:unsure: Aye!!!!!! :P:hehe:

Now this is idioticity! The player was on TOP of Hasek. Instead of trying to get out of the situation, he was (at his own will) SWATING Hasek in the face. Not just 1,2, or 3 times... but like 5 or 6 TIMES.

....and this was just *one* example of *many* things that *numerous* players were doing in that series... it was a team effort to be goons. And now that's how they're forever labelled. *IF* they win the cup, they shouldn't feel rewarded... they should feel they cheated to get it. They do NOT deserve it.

"You're comparing a stick across the helmet and a knock on the mask?" Could you please copy and paste the comment where I said that Markov should of striked a stick across Giggy pads helmet. fabricate much?

Duckette, like many a true fan of her team, is in denial about how the team actually behaves. Dom has no reason to complain about the action below??? The fact is , he didn't complain, and nothing like this ever got called by the refs... ever. If a Red Wing had even thought about touching Pad-Boy in such a fashion, the refs would have thrown as many Wings as would fit into the sin bin. There would still be Wings in the box, even though the series is over.

There is no comparison in terms of abuse of the goalie and what the Yucks got away with... none.

IPB Image

Geez Table 18 in the rulebook is long, tedious, and through. But if you "incidently" punch a goalie in the face no harm, no foul. :lol:

Edited by vangvace

There is no comparison in terms of abuse of the goalie and what the Yucks got away with... none.

aye, but merely a flesh wound at best would come o' such contact. No need to keel-haul pronger for these actions. Savvy?

I've been thinking about the topic title alot, and I've came to realise that it's not the Ducks who are a disgrace to the NHL . It's the NHL that is a disgrace to the NHL . They 've set out all these rules and regulation's and have failed to enforce them. The Ducks have basically gone unpunished for their overly physical style of play. (Pronger's style).

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

The Ducks ice a roster full of tough players who hit hard, play physical, drop the gloves and intimidate their opponents. Sounds good to me. Hopefully, it will be a trend.

I'd only consider it a good trend if a) the Wings learn to start playing hockey that way, too, and b) they also get away with it.

aye, but merely a flesh wound at best would come o' such contact. No need to keel-haul pronger for these actions. Savvy?

Savvy! :P

I doubt Homer shares our amusement, however. Oh, wait, it was his fault for not having his helmet on the right way, I forgot. <_<

I'd only consider it a good trend if a) the Wings learn to start playing hockey that way, too, and b) they also get away with it.

I would consider it a grrrrreat trend if the Wings returned to that style of play... pre-'94 style at any rate

Take Pronger off the Ducks roster and 90% of my dislike for the team is gone.

I think they are boring to watch, get away with interference, a lil roughing and goalie interference but calling them a disgrace is extreme. Pronger on the other hand...

And thank god Disney isn't in the mix any more. Worst case scenario where the Ducks win at least doesn't involve Mickey Mouse hoisting the Cup.