• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
canadienhater

who should Detroit target the most in free agency?

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

hartnell and bertuzzi

Hartnell is a good player for sure. But i'll pass on a guy who has ran 5 different goalies since hes been in the league, and injured 3 of them. Thats not Red Wing hockey. He's not good enough to put on the Winged Wheel. But I will admit that he is a skillfull guy. Just not Red Wings material. But I do really hope we re-sign Big Bert. I definitely think we will. We want him back, and he wants to be back. Sounds mutual enough to me.

Guest DetroitIan

I like Kozlov, He should be a great fit here and hopefully for the right price!

Took the words right out of my mouth. That is my number 1 hope for this offseason. To bring back Kozzie. He won't get his number 13 back, but my God will he look great in Red again. :clap:

Guest bullocks

if u want to go back to being a bunch of *******, sure.

hartnell, smyth....and re-sign bertuzzi, dom, chelly, and schneider.

I agree , hopefully after signing up most of the UFA's and keeping the best part of the Wings line up intact . I would like to see Kozlov back in a Winged Wheel jersey.

Honestly, I dont think anyone can give a correct speculation until Hasek determines if hes retiring or not. If he goes, that brings into question whether or not we need to spend money and target a more capable goaltender. If he stays, we then have to determine how much we're willing to pay him and that will determine if we have enough money to make a considerable splash in the market this year.

As well, him returning or not returning may alter the positions the red wings management feel they need to fortify. If he returns, perhaps they are confident enough in the defense that they can spend more money on an offensively minded big name forward. If he doesn't return, perhaps signing both schneider AND markov become priority leading to the old saying that the best offense is a stellar defense....or they may also think targeting a defensive, grinding forward is the key.

So damnit Hasek, make up your mind already. The world of the red winged ones await.

Some good points have been said here.

I think if Dom retires, the Wings need to put a LOT of $$ into a goalie. NO team is successful without good goal tending. I like Ozzie, but he has always been an average net minder in the league, he never was top 5.

If Dom stays, Hartnell at $3m would be a good addition, along with Bert, whom I feel has some good years left. (Remember that smile on his face when he flattened (who?) at the end of the season?

Guest jaytan

Bert's a given, and I agree with bringing back most of our current UFAs as well (though Lang can go ahead and piss off).

The more I think about it, the more I want Hartnell.

Hartnall is a good player..many will be after him but M.Handzus may be the alternative

Keep Markov over Schneider

wait on Dom...Toskala is good and check but requires a player in return

we can't keep allour players and keep at least $2 million away fromthe cap

for mid and late season moves.

if u want to go back to being a bunch of *******, sure.

hartnell, smyth....and re-sign bertuzzi, dom, chelly, and schneider.

and by ******* you ment back to back stanley cup champions with kozzie scoring some absoutly clutch goals right? name another wing on this team not named Zetterburg who avg a point per game last year?

Edited by theman19

Hasek and Schneider are givens as long as they both want to return. If Hasek retires, I'd rather roll the dice with Howard, than pay Gigure a ton of money. Outside of Gigure, I can't think of another goalie on FA market who'd be an upgrade over Ozzie.

Schneider would be my top priority after those two. He's a perfect fit for the Wings system, and if they lose him, they'll end up paying a lot to replace him. Even better, because of age and other factors, Schneid's probably won't attract big bucks, so we'll get him for a relative bargain I'm sure.

If the cap goes up to $52 mill, then I'd make Smyth my #1 priority. Smyth fits on several levels. First, he's the protypical Babcock player. Also, he's a great playoff performer (proven over and over), and finally he'd help strengthen our rather pedistrian power play.

If we can't get Smyth, I'd only sign Bertuzzi if he's willing to do a 1 to 2 year deal at a discount. His injuries scare me too much for a long-term commitment. Kozlov is a underrated player, but he doesn't address the need for size upfront.

I'd also like to see Markov back, but again it'd have to be the right deal.

Edited by Airborn

and by ******* you ment back to back stanley cup champions with kozzie scoring some absoutly clutch goals right? name another wing on this team not named Zetterburg who avg a point per game last year?

Hmm...That's tough...How about Zetterberg? :P

Sorry, I'm an ass, but I know what you're saying

Guest bullocks

anyone can average a point a game when ur on a line with kovalchuk and hossa. times have changed, the west is a rough n tough conference. kozlov is not a player u want if u want to win.

I'd like to see them take a run at Jed Ortmeyer. He should come cheap and he's one of those guys that works his ass off every shift. I believe he led the league in blocked shots one year. Lord knows we could use some of that....he'd also help the checking line and the PK.

For the extra scorer we need, I too would like to see Kozlov back. It might help Datsyuk to have a fellow Russian on his line and Kozzie has shown he can still get it done. His best, and 2 of his best 4 statistical seasons have come in the past 2 years and he was only a couple points away from making them his 2 best years overall. Playing with Hossa and Kovalchuk obviously helps, but we could put him with some high end guys as well.

-Tim

I'd like to see them take a run at Jed Ortmeyer. He should come cheap and he's one of those guys that works his ass off every shift. I believe he led the league in blocked shots one year. Lord knows we could use some of that....he'd also help the checking line and the PK.
I like Ortmeyer, but don't we have enough bottom liners and PKers?

I like Ortmeyer, but don't we have enough bottom liners and PKers?

Possibly. ::grumble:: Shouldn't have re-signed Maltby ::grumble:: Jed's just one of my all-time favorites. Pretty sure the Wings offered him a deal out of college but he thought he'd play quicker with the Rags. I'd love to see him end up here. Whether it'd make sense or not. ;)

We could definitely use someone that has the sack to go block shots out at the point though. Not nearly enough of that in the playoffs it didn't seem like.

-Tim

Edited by Packer487

Jan Bulis ;)

Seriously, Scott Hartnell is the way to go here. He'll bring the perfect combo of size, speed, scoring ability, and grit to the lineup. The Wings really should make a pitch for him.

Jan Bulis ;)

Seriously, Scott Hartnell is the way to go here. He'll bring the perfect combo of size, speed, scoring ability, and grit to the lineup. The Wings really should make a pitch for him.

If we cant get smyth , I'd love to have Hartnell.

And if we cant have Hartnell , I hope we get Roberts.

Yes , I have back-up plans :P

Bulis is way down on the list , but hes still there.

Bulis is way down on the list , but hes still there.

Bulis would be like a Plan G for me. There are too many others I'd want instead.

Although, it'd still be fun to yell BULAY BULAY BULIS!!!!!!!!!!! every time he scores a goal. I wonder if I could contact Ken Daniels and ask him to do it too. :P

Bulis would be like a Plan G for me. There are too many others I'd want instead.

Although, it'd still be fun to yell BULAY BULAY BULIS!!!!!!!!!!! every time he scores a goal. I wonder if I could contact Ken Daniels and ask him to do it too. :P

It'd be much more fun to hear Mick say "Bulay Bulay Bulis" :P