• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SouthernWingsFan

Don Cherry - I take it back

Rate this topic

Cherry is a legend. I would much, much, much rather watch him than those clowns on NBC. Because of where I live now, I haven't seen Don in years and years. Good to know he's still at it, and yes, he's a loudmouth....but you know what? I agreed 100% with everything he said last night.

Best Cherry quote ever "...Folks, hockey's a tough game. Here's a couple of tips on how to avoid injury. #1-Don't pick a fight with Bobby Probert"

Edited by Bad Vlad Forever

Cherry is a legend. I would much, much, much rather watch him than those clowns on NBC. Because of where I live now, I haven't seen Don in years and years.
You do know you can watch Coach's Corner on CBC.ca, right? Edited by Systemfel

Um I would love Don as Commish, he is about 18,000 times bettrer that betman.

So you'd rather root for a Redwings team that doesn't have Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, Tomas Holmstrom, Nick Lidstrom or Domink Hasek? Because that's exactly what would happen if someone like Cherry were the commish.

I've never been a big Grapes fan but I've alway's found him entertaining and like to hear his point of view. last night I agree'd 100% on everything the guy said . Hockey is a man's sport and shouldn't be watered down for anybody . It's a game of passion and emotion. The Instigator rule has been a total failure and has to go.

Guest jaytan

They had him on with Hull?

If only I'd gotten over Game Six by now, I could've seen it.

I've never been a big Grapes fan but I've alway's found him entertaining and like to hear his point of view. last night I agree'd 100% on everything the guy said . Hockey is a man's sport and shouldn't be watered down for anybody . It's a game of passion and emotion. The Instigator rule has been a total failure and has to go.

The instigator rule was a theory devised by Bettman when he was ovulating.

So you'd rather root for a Redwings team that doesn't have Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, Tomas Holmstrom, Nick Lidstrom or Domink Hasek? Because that's exactly what would happen if someone like Cherry were the commish.

Uh, since when does the commissioner have the power to ban all Europeans from the league because of his personal preference? :lol: He may not like them, but that's absurd...

That was hilarious!! Cherry razzing Hullie for his foot being in the crease on the ever debated goal. When they were talking about Alfie's goal being kicked in or not, Hullie said all Euro's are great soccer players. Clement asks Cherry if Swedes are great soccer players, Cherry says, "I don't know nothing about Swedes........beautiful women, that's all I know". lmao

Great talk from Cherry about bringing fighting back though, I wholeheartedly agree!!!

I missed Cherry on NBC yesterday, but watched it at work...you know what? I had a little crowd around my computer screen....people that weren't even hockey fans (nobody is here!) were cracking up and into what he was saying about fighting in the game. Great stuff! Why can't guys that understand the game like that RUN THE GAME?

Nbc really needs to bring him on more often. :thumbup:

Oh, and the comment about swedes....ahaha... :lol:

The instigator rule was a theory devised by Bettman when he was ovulating.

That's a politically incorrect insult to setting hens everywhere, and you should be ashamed of yourself.. Anyway, he probably was just going broody then, or maybe moulting.

Come to think of it, it's a specist insult to setting Ducks, too.

Good one, then.

Give me a break... NHL teams are free to field whatever team of players they decide to. Since when does a commish have the power to dictate that. Even the enforcement of the obstruction rules (which was thought to allow skilled/euros to flourish) didn't prove to me that having a bunch of skilled/euros would win anything - any Wings fan knows that wasn't the case. Cherry and people of his ilk need to be involved in bringing the NHL back to a shred of respectability. People love a good ol' hockey game... the sooner we learn that the better.