• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zetter is Better

The "I Hate Bill Mc Creary" Thread

Rate this topic

As some of you may know Bill McCreary is a terrible and biased reff. When ever I watch a game when the Sens are playing, McCreary is always calling BS penalties against the Sens or he just doesn't call it both ways. At first I thought I paranoid but I was listening to The Team 1200 radio and they had an interesting fact. In Sens games that Mcreary reffs, the Sens are penalized 22% more than by any other reff in the NHL. I think that is a pretty obvious biase. I'd love to see McCreary fired, if you can't do your job right, LEAVE!

Anyone else notice this or any other stuff like this?

I've always thought McCreary does a pretty good job of calling the game consisently by the book, consistently from period to period and game to game, as well as consistently between the teams. One of the better refs in the league. The NHL seems to agree on those points, as he's doing the Cup finals and those are the points they have been stressing to all refs.

If he's calling more penalties on the Sens than other refs, there's a good chance either he's calling more penalties on everybody, or other refs are letting stuff slide when the Sens play.

Edited by eva unit zero

QFT

I would take McCreary to ref every single Wings game if possible. IMO, he's by far the best in the league.

For a Wings game yes, but how do think the Sens feel knowing that he's reffing a critical game after hearing that stat???

For a Wings game yes, but how do think the Sens feel knowing that he's reffing a critical game after hearing that stat???

I havent noticed it. but i dont really watch much of the sens. usually only when they are playing the wings(which is almost never) , and in the playoffs. but IMO every fan is going to think that they are calling bs aginst their team.

QFT

I would take McCreary to ref every single Wings game if possible. IMO, he's by far the best in the league.

McCreary is the best of the worst but I honestly would take a pirate with a wooden leg and an eye patch to be quite honest with you.. OSGOD..do you need a job?

Sometimes unorthodox stats like that come about for no good reason. While it would be alarming, with how fair McCreary is night-in and night-out, I hardly think that he has a hidden biased against the Sens. It's probably a coincidence more than anything.

Sidenote: Why haven't you responded to the following question from Mack_Attack?

So wait....didn't Ottawa have more powerplays than Anaheim last night? I don't think the refs are the reason that the Sens only played 3/4 of a period last night.

McCreary is the best of the worst but I honestly would take a pirate with a wooden leg and an eye patch to be quite honest with you.. OSGOD..do you need a job?

I respectfully disagree.

So wait....didn't Ottawa have more powerplays than Anaheim last night? I don't think the refs are the reason that the Sens only played 3/4 of a period last night.

Of course you can't blame a loss all on the refs. The Sens didn't really show up BUT its hard to win a game when your are being heavily penalized for the hole second period. Also, most of the penalties the Sens got were penalties (no doubt) BUT there could have been 2 cross checking calls and 4 or 5 interference calls against Anaheim. All I'm sayin is call em both way.

Guest Crymson

As some of you may know Bill McCreary is a terrible and biased reff. When ever I watch a game when the Sens are playing, McCreary is always calling BS penalties against the Sens or he just doesn't call it both ways. At first I thought I paranoid but I was listening to The Team 1200 radio and they had an interesting fact. In Sens games that Mcreary reffs, the Sens are penalized 22% more than by any other reff in the NHL. I think that is a pretty obvious biase. I'd love to see McCreary fired, if you can't do your job right, LEAVE!

Anyone else notice this or any other stuff like this?

Are you wearing your tinfoil hat today?

I think he's one of the best.

Calls have been bad both ways. Neither side has any reason to complain. Heck, the first Ottawa goal should never have happened. Emery was three feet out of his crease when Getzlaf skated by, and then Emery took a huge flop. Should have been called both ways and the Sens would not have had the PP they scored on.

Are you wearing your tinfoil hat today?

I think he's one of the best.

C'mon people, there is no way to go around or deny a PROVEN fact, its the truth. He's biased against the Sens, I'm just saying he should be reffing a critical play-off game agains a team he hates. I bet the Sens would rather take McGoo over McCreary for ANY play-off game let alone a major deciding game!

C'mon people, there is no way to go around or deny a PROVEN fact, its the truth. He's biased against the Sens, I'm just saying he should be reffing a critical play-off game agains a team he hates. I bet the Sens would rather take McGoo over McCreary for ANY play-off game let alone a major deciding game!

First off, what proof do you have that McCreary hates the Sens? Did he come out publicly and say, "Listen here world, I hate the Sens and as a result I'm going to penalize them 22% more of the time than any other ref!"

Call it both ways you say? I did the research. Since the finals have started, in the two games McCreary has reffed he has penalized the Ducks 10 times, and the Sens 9. Since the playoffs have started, in all the games that McCreary has reffed for the Sensators he has called 32 penalties against Ottawa while calling 29 against their opposition for a difference of 4.9%.

Doesn't look too biased to me! Let me guess, you'd rather have Paul Devorski reffing these games since he "clearly hates the Ducks" in this series?

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I remember when i was in Van to see the Wings play, and Bill was the ref that night.. And guess what, we spent the whole frickin game in the box, with some BS calls from him... So i don't know how much i really care for him. But then again that was just 1 game from him

Thank-You :clap::clap::clap: Finally some one sees it!

Yeah, I clearly said I wanted Devorski.

:lol:

Game 5 with Paul Devorski:

Ottawa - 6 Penalties

Anaheim - 3 Penalties

Not to poke fun, but you gotta admit thats funny.

mccreary is a good ref if there is not a canadien team involved

Give me actual stats to support this claim. I'll be waiting anxiously to hear them.