• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest bullocks

Sergei Fedorov

Rate this topic

I love Sergei Fedorov. No other player in the NHL is nearly as complete of a player as Sergei is. Does he play up to his potential? No. Does he give 100%? No. But I don't care, he is a playoff STUD. He is more versatile than any other player in the NHL. Seriously, how many players with equal or better offensive talent, can drop back and be on the #1 D pairing, and not be a liability? Or how many number #1 Dmen could pose half the offensive threat he does? NONE.

I'd love to see him back in town. You'd see tears of joy. However, he is, plain and simple, making too much money. It's quite possible that Kenny could bring him back for a fraction of what he is currently making. But who knows if he would want to come back? Who knows if he will retire or not?

There isn't anything in the league Sergei hasn't seen, won, or been through. After this big contract has expired, he could make an equal paycheck playing in Russia. The only thing that would keep him in the NHL is a legit shot at another Cup.

Guest bullocks

I'd take a shot at him in free agency next off season for one last hurrah. Maybe he can make up with the fans:)

Sergi won't be back

#1 toomuch money

#2 motivation...possibly winn without Stevie

#3 we need toughness

BUT i'll say Sergi was our best and most consistant playoff performer

maybe except for Nick but very close

I'm curious about the Babcock/Feds connection too.

Let's get this out of the way though, because it wasn't insinuated strongly enough yet:

If you think Feds is a worthy and cheap trade deadline acquisition, this means you would also like to (per Amazon.com!):

-Revive Terry Sawchuk

-See Harold Snepsts in the winged wheel again

-Play Marty Lapointe, Yzerman, Probert, Ray Sheppard, Kozlov, and Bernie Gallant on the same 5-man unit

-Tell Dom to not worry about playing anymore, we got Tim Cheveldae on contract again

-Trade Ozzie, we got Vincent Riendeau inked too

-And generally all around do whatever it takes to bring back past Wings from other spots around the league. This includes but is most certainly not limited to trading Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Filppula, and anyone else necessary to open past roster spots.

We will also rename ourselves the '90s Wings instead of the Red Wings, which EA and 2K Sports appreciate so much. They can just copy and paste the name of the unlockable special team when coding in the org name for current rosters, which will save them 5 seconds and precisely .03 dollars.

I'm curious about the Babcock/Feds connection too.

Let's get this out of the way though, because it wasn't insinuated strongly enough yet:

If you think Feds is a worthy and cheap trade deadline acquisition, this means you would also like to (per Amazon.com!):

-Revive Terry Sawchuk

-See Harold Snepsts in the winged wheel again

-Play Marty Lapointe, Yzerman, Probert, Ray Sheppard, Kozlov, and Bernie Gallant on the same 5-man unit

-Tell Dom to not worry about playing anymore, we got Tim Cheveldae on contract again

-Trade Ozzie, we got Vincent Riendeau inked too

-And generally all around do whatever it takes to bring back past Wings from other spots around the league. This includes but is most certainly not limited to trading Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Filppula, and anyone else necessary to open past roster spots.

We will also rename ourselves the '90s Wings instead of the Red Wings, which EA and 2K Sports appreciate so much. They can just copy and paste the name of the unlockable special team when coding in the org name for current rosters, which will save them 5 seconds and precisely .03 dollars.

:lol: Great post!

My favorite part is about bringing Vincent Riendeau back. We need a true top notch goaltender, and Riendeau is definitly the guy. :cool:

Edited by Kp-Wings

:lol: Great post!

My favorite part is about bringing Vincent Riendeau back. We need a true top notch goaltender, and Riendeau is definitly the guy. :cool:

Haha, thanks. Although I'm on the "give Feds a try" side of the matter... and so I find it funny when people declare the above is what somebody really means.

I forgot Shanahan though. Oops.

Guest bullocks

Fedorov is the only former Wing i'd look to bring back. He'd be the only one that could actually help the team. Although he wouldn't be the first priority by any means.

I think the only reason he hasn't been motivated is because he knows he is on a team that isn't going anywhere anytime soon.... Being used to winning all your career and then going to a team that doesn't have much of a chance won't do much for your effort. Playing not to win is never fun, especially if you are used to the opposite....

Many people will disagree with me , but thats fine.

I'd rather have Mac back over Fedorov. Since were bringing back wings that were large parts in our cups.

Oh , and whens stevie gonna pull his Hasek and come out of retirement for another cup ?

Sorry , but Kenny wont be bringing back any former wings anytime soon. Though I'd take Mowers back in an instant :P

Guest bullocks

Many people will disagree with me , but thats fine.

I'd rather have Mac back over Fedorov. Since were bringing back wings that were large parts in our cups.

Oh , and whens stevie gonna pull his Hasek and come out of retirement for another cup ?

Sorry , but Kenny wont be bringing back any former wings anytime soon. Though I'd take Mowers back in an instant :P

Mowers is useless. I just wished Brian Burke didn't trade Feds to Columbus or else he'd be hoisting the cups with the Ducks. That would make it some what worth while.

Mowers is useless. I just wished Brian Burke didn't trade Feds to Columbus or else he'd be hoisting the cups with the Ducks. That would make it some what worth while.

Mark Mowers is a future HOF'er. A true dynastic player, that even made Wayne Gretzky tremble.

Now, if only Offsides would get done with my Mowers avatar, we'd be all set here. :P

Hes not Burkes type of player , I knew he wasent going to last in Anaheim.

Mowers useless ? You must not have seen his goal agaisnt the flames in 05/06, Hall Of Fame worthy goal

Guest bullocks

Mark Mowers is a future HOF'er. A true dynastic player, that even made Wayne Gretzky tremble.

Now, if only Offsides would get done with my Mowers avatar, we'd be all set here. :P

Mowers is a bumb. Didn't u use to have Calder up in ur avatar as well? If so, you really know how to pick em ;):lol:

Mowers useless ? You must not have seen his goal agaisnt the flames in 05/06, Hall Of Fame worthy goal

It probably wasn't so much not Burkes type player as it was his $6.8 mill contract. I believe that prolly had something more to it.

Mowers is a bumb. Didn't u use to have Calder up in ur avatar as well? If so, you really know how to pick em ;):lol:

Obviously you haven't been around long enough to know the whole Mowers joke, so I shouldn't expect that you know anything about it.

Yeah, I'm such an idiot for having Calder in my avatar. Sorry his name isn't Sergei Fedorov, and he's not an overpaid, washed up old Russian who should just pack it in already.

By the way, Mowers for HOF. Start the campaign. :P

Guest DetroitIan

You need more than one amazing goal to be considered a good player. Mowers actually is basically useless. He is a career 3rd/4th liner that wouldn't use his body to save his life. Other then to get plowed over. If the physical aspect of your game is non-existant, you better be able to back something up with putting pucks in the net. So yeah I'de say borderline useless.

It probably wasn't so much not Burkes type player as it was his $6.8 mill contract. I believe that prolly had something more to it.

I would say it was more of Fedorov being a bum in Anaheim and not being able to ingage physically while with the Ducks. Burkes into really skilled guys (Selanne) or gritty guys (All the ducks)

You need more than one amazing goal to be considered a good player. Mowers actually is basically useless. He is a career 3rd/4th liner that wouldn't use his body to save his life. Other then to get plowed over. If the physical aspect of your game is non-existant, you better be able to back something up with putting pucks in the net. So yeah I'de say borderline useless.

Its just a joke :P

Guest bullocks

Obviously you haven't been around long enough to know the whole Mowers joke, so I shouldn't expect that you know anything about it.

Yeah, I'm such an idiot for having Calder in my avatar. Sorry his name isn't Sergei Fedorov, and he's not an overpaid, washed up old Russian who should just pack it in already.

By the way, Mowers for HOF. Start the campaign. :P

your right, one helped us win 3 cups and was the best player on the ice most nights. the other could do dick all and was a healthy scratch for the last series.. but your right. oh wait, let's here ur excuse? his pinky was broken was it? :yowza:

Guest DetroitIan

Its just a joke :P

Oh my bad, lol. I wasn't sure. I was hoping though. :lol:

im kinda fed up of hearing about fedorov , hes almost 40 and making 6 mill a year and for some reason hes not even close to the same player he was when he was here ........ i "might" consider bringing him back after next season if hes willing to make no more then 2 million for one season

Edited by zetterbergfuturemvp

Or Yzerman, or Lidstrom, or others.

It's a team sport, which is why I'm pissed he packed his s*** up and went to Anaheim. He wanted out of Detroit so badly (bad enough to take a 5 year, 40 million dollar deal, and reject a Wings 5 year, 50 million dollar offer) why would he come back anyways? Additionally, for the slap in the face, why would we want him back? Of course I'm bitter. Just as bitter as Jerry Rice leaving the 49ers for a few hundred thousand more on his yearly salary. Fedorov was a franchise player, fans latched onto that, and he showed no team loyalty. I don't have a Fedorov voodoo doll, nor do I spend much time thinking about him, but when the Wings play his team, I enjoy hearing him get booed. Hell, any time the JLA shows any liveliness, I enjoy it.

couldnt agree more :clap:

Fedorov is the only former Wing i'd look to bring back. He'd be the only one that could actually help the team. Although he wouldn't be the first priority by any means.

i'd bring back bob probert if we could rewind time