• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeyCrazy3033

Draper is angry..and angry is good!

Rate this topic

Drapes

The Wings are really distraught about this post season and it shows. First Chelios last week on the radio..and now Drapes expressing how he truly feels. I agree with EVERY little thing he said, and I think in the end this is going to make the entire Wings team even closer *if that is even possible?* and make them want to win it even more next season. Believe me when I say 2008 is the year of the Wings.

Guest Crymson

Drapes

The Wings are really distraught about this post season and it shows. First Chelios last week on the radio..and now Drapes expressing how he truly feels. I agree with EVERY little thing he said, and I think in the end this is going to make the entire Wings team even closer *if that is even possible?* and make them want to win it even more next season. Believe me when I say 2008 is the year of the Wings.

I believe the Wings were the best team in the playoffs. Easily. However, a team cannot easily weather the loss of two top defensemen, plus walking injuries to several other key players (amongst them our best forward and best defensemen). Etc. When added to that, the fact that we had the hardest route to the WCF of any team in the league didn't really help, though without the injuries I think we certainly would have smashed the Ducks.

And for goodness` sake, stop making that particular grammatical error!

Drapes

...what else is he gonna say? "Gee, I am so glad we got eliminated! We played hard, but I sure am happy we didn't win the Cup." Hey Draper, maybe actually get a couple of shots on net instead of shooting the puck nine miles wide everytime and we could have possibly been in the Finals again. One power play goal is all you needed, one goal. One power play goal and game 5 is ours and guess what else? One power play goal in game 6 and we win that one too!

I believe the Wings were the best team in the playoffs. Easily. However, a team cannot easily weather the loss of two top defensemen, plus walking injuries to several other key players (amongst them our best forward and best defensemen). Etc. When added to that, the fact that we had the hardest route to the WCF of any team in the league didn't really help, though without the injuries I think we certainly would have smashed the Ducks.

And for goodness` sake, stop making that particular grammatical error!

and yet the Wings were right in the middle of it all.

Very close to going to the finals.

i believe this makes next year all the much more exciting.

...what else is he gonna say? "Gee, I am so glad we got eliminated! We played hard, but I sure am happy we didn't win the Cup." Hey Draper, maybe actually get a couple of shots on net instead of shooting the puck nine miles wide everytime and we could have possibly been in the Finals again. One power play goal is all you needed, one goal. One power play goal and game 5 is ours and guess what else? One power play goal in game 6 and we win that one too!

That's not even the point. When in the last 4-5 years have you seen or heard the Wings this upset over losing? They don't have to come out and say anything. In fact they don't even have to do interviews. I'm just stating that the fact Drapes is angry and believes they should of won is a good thing. I agree with everything he says because he's pretty much right on.

You said "should of" instead of "should have" or "should've" in your title.

Big deal. I didn't know this was English class?

That's not directed towards you, Eva..

That's not directed towards you, Eva..

Using "of" instead of "have." Wow HC you should be ashamed. :rolleyes:

Using "of" instead of "have." Wow HC you should be ashamed. :rolleyes:

What was I thinking doing such a thing? I mean I think that making that mistake just ruined the entire topic! lol

Well, we all believe that every next year will be the year of the Red Wings. That said, next year definitely does look sweet :D

Haha so true.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Guest bullocks

Nothing that we didn't already know. Maybe he should have talked about how if they had so much desire they came up so lame for 40 minutes in game 6. Obviously i'm not questioning their desire because it was definitely there, but the bottom line is they didnt win the series. I've moved on, us as wings fans should know...the better team doesn't always win.

Every time I see the CBC intro video to a game in the SCF I see the Ducks and think "as if...." :P

But then I realize the Wings will be even better next year...I can't wait for 07/08.....

Nothing that we didn't already know. Maybe he should have talked about how if they had so much desire they came up so lame for 40 minutes in game 6. Obviously i'm not questioning their desire because it was definitely there, but the bottom line is they didnt win the series. I've moved on, us as wings fans should know...the better team doesn't always win.

true.....but imagine how you would feel if you were on that team after losing game 5....they couldn't recover from it...

Edited by ShanahanMan

Guest Crymson

Regardless of location, it will help you in future to know this. Do not take it personally.

Guest bullocks

true.....but imagine how you would feel if you were on that team after losing game 5....they couldn't recover from it...

yes i know...but sadly, u either recover from it, or go home...and they went home.

Every time I see the CBC intro video to a game in the SCF I see the Ducks and think "as if...." :P

But then I realize the Wings will be even better next year...I can't wait for 07/08.....

i can't wait til u take that bum out of ur avatar :rolleyes:

Hey Draper, maybe actually get a couple of shots on net instead of shooting the puck nine miles wide everytime and we could have possibly been in the Finals again. One power play goal is all you needed, one goal. One power play goal and game 5 is ours and guess what else? One power play goal in game 6 and we win that one too!

:rolleyes:

Hey Draper, maybe not kill penalties so well and be such a defensive asset/face off expert and we could have been eliminated in round 1 again.

By the way, Drapes generally does not play the power play.

yes i know...but sadly, u either recover from it, or go home...and they went home.

i can't wait til u take that bum out of ur avatar :rolleyes:

And I cant wait for you to take the bum out of yours.

i cant wait until you get THAT bum out of YOUR avatar! :rolleyes:

Beat me too it :P

What was I thinking doing such a thing? I mean I think that making that mistake just ruined the entire topic! lol

Reem, you've been warned. One more infraction and it's 7 days. ;)

But really -- you pinpointed my irritation perfectly -- one comment about someone else, rather than someone else's point or topic, and an entire thread is derailed. I think it's most important on a board of this scale that returning members who post quite a bit have a knowledge of hockey and can get their view across without much confusion. And beyond that -- pet peeve or not -- certain members who are critical of others -- the individual topics aren't the place to discuss each other's typing. If one needs clarification, that's one thing, but...

Time to get back to the topic. Glad to see it's headed there.

Personally, when I see an article like this, I like to see who they mention as likely to return. Schneider, Bert, etc. No Markov or Lang. It's such a foregone conclusion that there's going to be a gap where Lang was with about five guys fighting for the spot as 5th and 6th forward.

Guest bullocks

i cant wait until you get THAT bum out of YOUR avatar! :rolleyes:

See where the Wings would be in the last decade without Fedorov ;)

...uh, once again, game 5, you had 7 freaking power plays, INCLUDING A 5 ON 3! All you had to do is score 1 power play goal and the last minute goal by Neidermayer means NOTHING!!!!! You win 2-1... You go to Anaheim up 3-2 and for pete's sake score only 1 freaking powerplay in Game 6 and guess what!!!!!!!!! YOU FREAKING WIN THE SERIES!!!! Boo Hoo Kris!!!! I am mad we lost!!! Good, so are we, why don't you give some of your OVERPAID, UNDERACHEIVED salary back to the fans who pay to watch you miss the net 9 out of 10 times!!!! YOU SHOULD BE MAD!!!!! YOU LOST!!!!

...YOU GET NOTHING, YOU LOSE, GOOD DAY SIR! I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!

Guest bullocks

:rolleyes:

Hey Draper, maybe not kill penalties so well and be such a defensive asset/face off expert and we could have been eliminated in round 1 again.

By the way, Drapes generally does not play the power play.

I think he ment in general. In any event, he is right...it's their own fault. We didn't capitalize on our chances, and Anaheim did. For whatever reason, post here, big save there, shot thru the crease here...they just didn't want to go in. It sucks.

See where the Wings would be in the last decade without Fedorov ;)

See where the Sens would be without Alfredsson in these playoffs..... ;)

And where he will be in Game 7, shaking Bettman's hand at centre ice...... :sly: ........ :ph34r:

Guest bullocks

See where the Sens would be without Alfredsson in these playoffs..... ;)

And where he will be in Game 7, shaking Bettman's hand at centre ice...... :sly: ........ :ph34r:

lol sens are a joke. if they were in the west they wouldnt have even gottin by the 2nd round. alfredsson is an idiot. ottawa as a city are a bunch of losers as well.