• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsrock34

who is the gritty forward you want?

Rate this topic

My top picks right now are

Brian McGrattan of the Sens 6-5, 238lbs, I think this guy has enough skill and skating ability to mold himself into a Chris Neil type player if he is given the chance. I am not a huge Sens fan but he seems like their Hudler (he could be a good player but lets not play him type)

ANY SENS FANS I WOULD LIKE YOU OPINION OF HIM

Jason Wiemer 6-1 225lbs, "played" last season for the Devils but missed all 82 games + the playoffs with knee surgery. I have had my eye on him for a couple years but now I bet after missing the whole year he couild be had for the league minimum. I think he could be another Dan Cleary.

TSN PROFILE

Assets: Has good size, excellent strength, a deceptive shot and adequate quickness for a big man. Plays with a chip on his shoulder on most nights.

Flaws: Hasn't shown much of a scoring touch in the pro game, as opposed to his stellar junior career. Takes bad penalties from time to time.

Career potentia: Fourth line forward.

Which one do I want? Vincent Lecavalier. Possible? Yes. Probable? Pfft.

HA you and me both man, hes in my top five players b/c I was a TBL fan for a few years before they won the cup and liked him, but then to fight Iggy in the 04 finals I love the guy

Guest bullocks

Hartnell - 'cause he's a pain in the a$$ to play against, & he's capable of getting 25 to 30 goals a year if he's paired with either Dats, or Hank. At this point in time he may be signed for around $2.75 to $3.5 million (depending how many other teams make bids on him).

that would be my pick ;)

No doubt :clap:

:angry: @ those Christain Right-Wingers for their views on cloning. Right now we'd have a team full of very young guys eerily resembling Stevie, Gordie, Nick, Dom, Alex, Ted, Vladdy, & Proby :ph34r:

while i'm probably pretty close to those right wingers you speak of, and i'm a Christian minister in training, i got a good laugh out of that. You forgot Sawchuck, Feds (will give him stevie's personality) and mick.

HA you and me both man, hes in my top five players b/c I was a TBL fan for a few years before they won the cup and liked him, but then to fight Iggy in the 04 finals I love the guy

Yeah that was pretty rockin. I'm waiting for the day he requests a trade to Hockeytown.

Hartnell - 'cause he's a pain in the a$$ to play against, & he's capable of getting 25 to 30 goals a year if he's paired with either Dats, or Hank. At this point in time he may be signed for around $2.75 to $3.5 million (depending how many other teams make bids on him).

He is a dirty player who tries to run and hurt goalies. I'll pass!

There is a difference between gritty, and a goon.

Edited by LIDDYGIBBY5

Couple guy I would like:

Jim Slater

TSN scouting report

Assets Has unbelievable wheels, scoring potential, grit and a defensive conscience. Doesn't make a lot of mistakes with the puck.

Flaws Needs to show more consistency in the offensive zone. Tends to play out of control on occasion.

Career potential Top six forward.

Adam Mair

Assets Plays a sound defensive game and creates a lot of turnovers in the offensive zone. Works hard and is always hustling. Can play all three forward positions.

Flaws Injuries have ravaged what was once a promising career. Is at times too aggressive and takes bad penalties.

Career potential Fourth line agitator.

Arron Asham

Assets Owns a solid work ethic and is strong along the boards. Is also willing to crash the net to create scoring chances or even drop the gloves.

Flaws Lacks polish in his overall offensive game. Will never light up the score sheet at the NHL level.

Career potential Fourth line winger.

I think any one of these guys would fit great here. I would really also like to see the Wing sign cory Sarich as well. Add Bertuzzi to the mix and we defenitley upgraded the GRIT department. I also think it would be wise to sign an enforcer with a 2 way contract that we can call up when we play teams that feel they can take liberties out on us becuse they think were soft. Just my 2 Cents.

Edited by redwingfan19

What about Boyd Deveraux though?

:rotflmao:

Think about this; after the Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Holmstrom line comes of the ice, on goes Mowers/Devereaux/Howe !!! :thumbup: The maintenance crew at the Joe better stock up on red lights! :siren::D

The only good thing about having Hartnell on the Wings is then we wouldn't have to worry about him cheapshotting them.

Which one do I want? Vincent Lecavalier. Possible? Yes. Probable? Pfft.

Keep in mind his dream is to play for the Habs, so I think its going to be next to impossible tto pick him up.

It sure would be sweet to have him in the orginization though. Please pick up Boog!!! Dats, Hank and Boog as a first line would be wonderful. Gotta love the protection probert Jr. would provide.

You can keep your gritty forward, what I would like is a pure sniper, preferably right handed..I don't know who's out there but here's to wishing!!

Jason Wiemer 6-1 225lbs, "played" last season for the Devils but missed all 82 games + the playoffs with knee surgery. I have had my eye on him for a couple years but now I bet after missing the whole year he couild be had for the league minimum. I think he could be another Dan Cleary.

TSN PROFILE

Assets: Has good size, excellent strength, a deceptive shot and adequate quickness for a big man. Plays with a chip on his shoulder on most nights.

Flaws: Hasn't shown much of a scoring touch in the pro game, as opposed to his stellar junior career. Takes bad penalties from time to time.

Career potentia: Fourth line forward.

It depends if he wants to even play anymore. I'd love Wiemer on this team, as he's been one of my favorite players for a while now, and he's been a good, consistant checking line forward on all the teams he's played for. Definitly a nice option to consider.

The ideal choice would be Hartnell. He can score, hit, fight, and add grit to the lineup. Pick up him, and then maybe Wiemer or Aaron Asham, and this Red Wings team will have no problems with grit anymore. I like. :cool:

Edited by Kp-Wings

Guest bullocks

It depends if he wants to even play anymore. I'd love Wiemer on this team, as he's been one of my favorite players for a while now, and he's been a good, consistant checking line forward on all the teams he's played for. Definitly a nice option to consider.

The ideal choice would be Hartnell. He can score, hit, fight, and add grit to the lineup. Pick up him, and then maybe Wiemer or Aaron Asham, and this Red Wings team will have no problems with grit anymore. I like. :cool:

who exactly are u going to move off the roster for someone like weimer or asham?

I'm not so sure if a gritty forward is what this team needs. I think we need a sniper. I'm all for bringing in more grit on the blueline. But up front, I think we've got enough. What we are lacking is a sniper.

Just to put a stop to this argument before it starts, no, Hank and Pav aren't snipers. They are stellar offensive threats, but not snipers. Shanny, Hull, Kariya (sp?), those guys are snipers. We are lacking that scary good shot. And no, Sammy is NOT that guy. He has a good shot, but it isn't nearly as accurate as it needs to be. We need a top six forward, Sammy is a 3rd liner.

Guest bullocks

I'm not so sure if a gritty forward is what this team needs. I think we need a sniper. I'm all for bringing in more grit on the blueline. But up front, I think we've got enough. What we are lacking is a sniper.

Just to put a stop to this argument before it starts, no, Hank and Pav aren't snipers. They are stellar offensive threats, but not snipers. Shanny, Hull, Kariya (sp?), those guys are snipers. We are lacking that scary good shot. And no, Sammy is NOT that guy. He has a good shot, but it isn't nearly as accurate as it needs to be. We need a top six forward, Sammy is a 3rd liner.

you may be right. we need another scorer not neccessarly another "sniper"...and we do have alot of grit on our forward lines...we need some on defense. hmmm, but hartnell could bring that grit and scoring ability.

you may be right. we need another scorer not neccessarly another "sniper"...and we do have alot of grit on our forward lines...we need some on defense. hmmm, but hartnell could bring that grit and scoring ability.

I'm not so sure Hartnell really fits the bill. Especially if we sign Bert. This team really lacks a pure shooting goal scorer.

Edited by BringHomeTheCup!

Why do people want Boogaard or McGrattan? It's mind boggling. I think Bertuzzi fits the description as a good enough enforcer, I wouldn't want no goon flooding the line-up.