• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zeta Power 40

Yashin Bought Out

Rate this topic

Guest jaytan

lmao this is hilarious ........now the islanders are screwed for 8 seasons hahahaha , man that yashin signing was the worst thing they ever did lmao

I don't think they mind. They're already potentially screwed for, what, 25 years?

This page further proves what I'm saying. The key here is the word "average". Even if a player's contract differs from year to year, it still comes down to the average amount paid per year over the total amount of years remaining on the contract. If you really want to figure out what the "per year" difference would be, go ahead. However, it won't do you any good since the league recognizes cap hits for buyouts on an average basis over the course of the buyout.

In other words, the team makes out a little better in the beginning of the buyout, but get the league makes up the difference on the tail end of the contract buyout.

I don't mean to nag, but I am not sure I agree. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think if you applied your simple approach to the CBA example, you would take $4 million buyout over 4 years = cap hit of $1 million per year for next 4 years, when in fact, the cap hit would be $1.5 million per year over the next 4 years (average of $1 million, $3 million, $1 million and $1 million).

I don't mean to nag, but I am not sure I agree. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think if you applied your simple approach to the CBA example, you would take $4 million buyout over 4 years = cap hit of $1 million per year for next 4 years, when in fact, the cap hit would be $1.5 million per year over the next 4 years (average of $1 million, $3 million, $1 million and $1 million).

Are you asking in reference to the example they give in the CBA (the one that you asked me to take a look at)?

If you're not referring to the example in the CBA (Page 207), then where did the $3 million season come from?

They would've had to pay Yashin $26.45 million over the course of the next 4 years. Instead they bought him out, which will cost the team $8.8 million in total cap space over the next 4 years. The *team* will save $17.65 million, which is what toby_91 was referring to.

your saying itll cost the team 8.8 in total cap space for the next 4 years , but there gonna be hit with this for the next 8 yrs at 2.2 mill against the cap , not 4......so there gonna be screwed for a long long time

I don't think they mind. They're already potentially screwed for, what, 25 years?

lmfao

thats if there even still in new york by that time , they way there taking care of that team it wont last much longer lmao

Edited by zetterbergfuturemvp

I just heard about this on XM. Good riddance. Just another talented kid that played well and then went in the toilet after they got the big $$$.

I know he'll get picked up by someone but if I was a GM and was in desperate need of a centre I'd still stay away from this cancer.

I think there is a burnout factor with some of these guys and i think that is what happend to yashin

your saying itll cost the team 8.8 in total cap space for the next 4 years , but there gonna be hit with this for the next 8 yrs at 2.2 mill against the cap , not 4......so there gonna be screwed for a long long time

lmfao

thats if there even still in new york by that time , they way there taking care of that team it wont last much longer lmao

I never said it was just 4 years. Did you read any of my initial posts on the previous page? I was the first one saying it was for 8 years.

What I was saying, was that toby_91 is correct in saying that the difference over the next *4 years only* is about $20 million ($17.65 to be exact). Even after those first 4 years, the team will continue to be stuck with $2.2 million cap hits for the next 4 years, and yes it will screw them a bit. That being said, if the cap keeps going up, in four years $2.2 million might not be that big of a deal.

Understand?

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I never said it was just 4 years. Did you read any of my initial posts on the previous page? I was the first one saying it was for 8 years.

What I was saying, was that toby_91 is correct in saying that the difference over the next *4 years only* is about $20 million ($17.65 to be exact). Even after those first 4 years, the team will continue to be stuck with $2.2 million cap hits for the next 4 years, and yes it will screw them a bit. That being said, if the cap keeps going up, in four years $2.2 million might not be that big of a deal.

Understand?

yes lol

Are you asking in reference to the example they give in the CBA (the one that you asked me to take a look at)?

If you're not referring to the example in the CBA (Page 207), then where did the $3 million season come from?

I was referring to the CBA (page 207) example.

What I was saying, was that toby_91 is correct in saying that the difference over the next *4 years only* is about $20 million ($17.65 to be exact).

My calculations show $19.2 million as the difference. I think the cap hit would have been $7 million per year * 4 years = $28 million, less the new amounts of $2.2 million per year (not sure I agree with that yet) *4 years = $8.8 million.

I was referring to the CBA (page 207) example.

Ok, I've almost got this all figured out, but to make sure my numbers are right, what did you use to calculate your "line 2" (Original Averaged Amt.) in the Yashin case?

Does $7 million sound right?

Well it's about damn time. I thought they were never going to cut the cord with Yashin.

They should have done this back in 2003-2004. Yashin is horrible. He is probably the most un-motivated player in the league. If you honestly can't find any motivation, while playing under Ted Nolan of all people, then he should just retire.

He needs to go back to Russia, NOW. I really felt bad for Isles fans, who have had to put up with his lazy no show ass for so long now. It looks like that organization is finally making some strides towards winning again. Nothing close to their dynasty years of the 1980's, but at least they'll be Cup contenders now. And yes, having Yashin makes the difference. With him gone, they'll actually have someone who can lead the team, which Yashin can't do.

Also: Anyone who suggests the Wings pick him is f-ing crazy. You're absolutly nuts. He is an un-motivated, overpaid, under conditioned slob. He has so much potential, but choses not to do anything with it. I will hate Ken Holland for life if he dares sign Yashin. Even if for cheap, I still do not want him anywhere near the Wings.

First off, let me say great job on digging deeper. The more I looked into it, I realized you're correct. NFM always admits when he's wrong (even though it was on a technicality in this case, which BTW was what through me off :P ) but you are correct on the overall Yashin cap number issue.

My calculations show $19.2 million as the difference. I think the cap hit would have been $7 million per year * 4 years = $28 million, less the new amounts of $2.2 million per year (not sure I agree with that yet) *4 years = $8.8 million.

That being said, for this quote, I found Yashin's cap number to be $6.941 per year, which would put the Isles savings at $18.965 million. Correct me if I'm wrong.

First off, let me say great job on digging deeper. The more I looked into it, I realized you're correct. NFM always admits when he's wrong (even though it was on a technicality in this case, which BTW was what through me off :P ) but you are correct on the overall Yashin cap number issue.

That being said, for this quote, I found Yashin's cap number to be $6.941 per year, which would put the Isles savings at $18.965 million. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Agreed.

I was using $7 million as the current cap hit I found from a site, your $6.941 is probably just the more accurate number.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=209988&hubname=nhl

here's the TSN article for reference.

As for speculation on signing Yashin- he's a on/off player, either brilliant or a bum. Basicly I think if Detroit signed him he'd be the new Robert Lang.

I don't know if he'd be an upgrade or downgrade... prob the exact same when it came down to it.

I'm in no way advocating signing Yashin, I think he's a cancer. Talented but a cancer regardless.

However

Yashin

34 years old

58 games 18 goals 50 points +6

Fedorov

38 years old ?? (maybe 37)

73 games 18 goals, 42 points -7

If Yashin ain't worth a bag of pucks then Feds ain't worth the bag or the pucks. Maybe one, but not both. :P

I know, I know, Yashin isn't 1/2 the two-way players Feds is. I'm just point out that Yashin, despite his troubles, IMO based on his age and production is a more valuable player than Feds.

Oh, and I like breaking your balls because you're such a devout Fed fan.

Cheers!

Yahsin and Fedorov do have a lot of the same problems. Lack of motivation being the headliner. However, there is no dispute that Sergei is BY FAR much more talented than Yashin, and even on his worst day, Sergei is not the cancer that Yashin has become.

That's not to say that a change of location would not also change his attitude.

As far as those stats are concerned, remember this, Sergei did spend a lot of time on the blueline.

Just for some reference, here are the career stats:

GP G A P +/-

Yahsin: 850 337 444 781 -83

Fedorov: 1128 461 644 1015 262

The PPG is pretty close, with Yashin actually having a slight edge. But again, remember all the games Sergei has spent on the blueline. But what is so drasticly different, the +/-. Yeah, Sergei played on great teams, while Yashin has played on some pretty poor teams, but he has still only turned in 4 season on the + side, his best being +16.

On the flip side, Sergei has only turned in 4 season with a -, his worst being a -7 this year.

BTW, I don't mind getting my balls busted about Sergei, he'll always be my favorite player.

Why oh why would we want to sign this douchebag? I don't care how much "potential" he has, the guy was on the 4th line or the bench in the playoffs... he can't even be mentioned in the same breath as Sergei and I think Sergei was a whiner and a spoiled little brat, but the guy delivered in the playoffs.

yashin's a bum

Funny , you can point out 1 bum but not the one in your avatar.

Anways , FINALLY. Hes a terrible player , a terrible captain , and I would never want him on this team

If he took a 100K contract from us , it would still be wasted money as Yashins terrible.

Funny , you can point out 1 bum but not the one in your avatar.

Anways , FINALLY. Hes a terrible player , a terrible captain , and I would never want him on this team

If he took a 100K contract from us , it would still be wasted money as Yashins terrible.

Difference between Fedorov and Yashin? Fedorov can still skate with ANYONE in this league.

Difference between Fedorov and Yashin? Fedorov can still skate with ANYONE in this league.

Umm , no he cant.

Crosby , Gaborik , Lombardi , Mcdonald, all can outskate Fedorov.

Obviosly Feds is better then Yashin , but that aint saying much.

everyones been trashing yashin so badly cause he plays when he wants to , and he sucks and whatever else ...........i agree .......BUT ...............i think the main reason why everyones attacking him is cause of the ridiculous amount of money hes getting , thats not the guys fault thats the stupid islanders staff .....if anyone gave us 87 million for 10 yrs we'd take it in a heartbeat .........with that said the guy did have 18 goals and 50 points in 58 games , if he was making say 2 million a season then im sure nobody would be trashing the guy like we are now , its not amazing numbers especially for a guy making the money he was but they are reasonable numbers for someone making less money

i know ill get trashed but id "might" consider taking the guy on our team for a "one" year deal at maybe 1.5- 2 mill ......yashin datsyuk grigorenko??? the new russian line ? lol he does seem to play better when hes in russia ........anyways i think hes getting trashed way too much