• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Flip-check

SCF Game 5 (6/6): Anaheim 6, Senators 2

Rate this topic

This game doesn't need a whole lot be said for it: the Sens are on their way to losing to the Ducks. The Cup's in the house, ready to be handed over to Selanne, Niedermayer (for the 4rd time), the Michelin Man, and uh... the rest of those guys.

And Pronger too.

This could actually be an exciting series if Ottawa staged a massive comeback, massive enough to overcome the bore of "SoCal Stanley Cup fever", but we'll see. It's likely over tonight though.

Aye! and me parrot #3 concurs... we will unfortuantly be seein' the cup tonight Gar, Where can I find a bottle o'rum? I be going to need to be three sheets to the wind to watch!

i kind of dont want to watch the game because i am afraid we will see the ducks win. but it is hockey and there is always the chance that pronger will be fall with the cup. hopefully the sens prove me wrong tonight.

arrrrggh cap'n you might have to pass ye rum down

I'm torn. On the one hand, the thought of Pronger lifting the cup makes me gag. Seriously, there aren't words to describe how wrong it is. I hope he drops the thing and becomes the laughing stock of the NHL for the rest of his life( He's pretty close to it already!).

Selanne winning it is good, though.

And next year, Lidstrom still has the chance to make history by becoming the first European to win the cup, which would be awesome as he's already the first European to win the Norris and Conn Symthe trophies.

Its going to be a hard one to watch. I would love to see Selanne carry the cup around, but the last person i want to see skating around the rink with it is pronger. It would be cool to see the sens mount a come back but i don't thin thats going to happen. If the ducks are going to win i want to see them win at home.

I predicted Ducks in 5, might happen tonight. I don't know why everyone is against Pronger winning the Cup, he has been really good for a long time and he deserves it. I'd take him on my team any day. I really like physical hockey, even if it does cross the line once in a while. I like his intensity. Go Ducks!! Wings in '08!!

I predicted Ducks in 5, might happen tonight. I don't know why everyone is against Pronger winning the Cup, he has been really good for a long time and he deserves it. I'd take him on my team any day. I really like physical hockey, even if it does cross the line once in a while. I like his intensity. Go Ducks!! Wings in '08!!

Game Over Ottawa. I can understand the Pronger hate.

IF the Ducks win tonight it will be the first time ever I don't watch the Cup get presented to the captain of the winning team. I know this forum is really harsh on Pronger -me included- But I refuse to watch him skate with the Cup.

C'mon Sens, pull off a miracle!!!

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Lets go Sens, one game at a time, lets make this an exciting series.... I don't see why everyone is thinking that the Ducks winning tonight is a foregone conclusion.... the Sens were the best team in the playoffs before this series, they need to find their groove back tonight, they have no more 2nd chances..... The reason the Ducks won the last game is because they were energized by the adversity of missing Pronger, as well as Alfredsson's momentary lapse of judgement at the end of the 2nd period.... Now its Alfredsson and the Sens that are facing the adversity, they have shown they play best when nobody expects them to win, they bring this back to Scotiabank Place tonight....and we have ourselves a series.... :cool:

Edited by T-Ruff

IF the Ducks win tonight it will be the first time ever I don't watch the Cup get presented to the captain of the winning team. I know this forum is really harsh on Pronger -me included- But I refuse to watch him skate with the Cup.

C'mon Sens, pull off a miracle!!!

Why wouldn't you watch the cup be presented to the captain of the Ducks, he is a great Captain. i don't like Pronger anymore then the next guy but you can't knock the ducks as a team just because of one guy.

I won't be home tonight for the game, and I forgot (perhaps subconciously) to set the DVR. I've never forgotten to set the recorder for a Wings game or anything else that meant anything to me. So I guess that pretty much says it all for me.

I am sad to see the Cup go to Anaheim. I look forward to next season, when the Wings win it. :thumbup:

PS - I am a long-time Selanne fan, even forgave him the brain-fart of following Kariya (who?) to Colorado. I am very happy for Teemu. And that's about it.

Go, Sens?? :unsure:

Arrr, me think Me will be wearin' my Selanne Mighty Ducks Jersey tonight... what the hell verily. its ob'ious the sens can't compete against them. Aye.

Guest DetroitIan

Ottawa wins tonight. 3-1. Then they win at home for game 6. Then the Sens will be hoisting the Cup after game 7. Funny thing is, I actually believe this. lol

Ottawa wins tonight. 3-1. Then they win at home for game 6. Then the Sens will be hoisting the Cup after game 7. Funny thing is, I actually believe this. lol

Being delusional is half the battle. :D

Why wouldn't you watch the cup be presented to the captain of the Ducks, he is a great Captain. i don't like Pronger anymore then the next guy but you can't knock the ducks as a team just because of one guy.

Nothing against Neidermayer but I don't want to see shots of Pronger's gap toothed grin as he eyes the Cup and listen to "Doc" or whoever on NBC kissing up to the Ducks. Plus I've already seen Neidermayer hoist it three other times.

Here's to you being right. I'm not counting out the Sens just yet.

Thought this article was a little strange...

Senators can't get gameday ice time

Also saw on tsn that the Ducks have won a playoff record tying 12 one goal games. 12 of their 15...

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

I predicted Ducks in 5 at the beginning, and I'll stand by that prediction. Ducks win 4-1, one will be an empty netter. It's going to be disgusting seeing Pronger hoist that Cup, I'll have to turn away.

Guest bullocks

strange is one way to put it... those Ducks, "classy" right up to the end. I have no trouble at all believing the Sens got this sort of treatment. Shame.

sens are a bunch of whiners...even more then the ducks :scared: